Loot Play Monthly - November 2018

Order by November 17th at 9pm PT, available only for US customers

Codes delivered on: 17th - 18th November

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

Monthly digital “crate” of five indie games will be delivered on the 17th of every month! Loot Play is currently only available in the United States. Codes are PC only, redeemable through Steam once received.

Subscription

Subscribe before the November 17th at 9pm PT to receive the November Loot Play Bundle

Available only for US customers

Subscription plans

• 1 month: $11.99 / month
  • 3 months: $11.49 / month
  • 6 months: $10.99 / month
  • 12 months: $10.00 / month

Comicbook.com article abut this series of bundles
Reddit threads about Loot Crate

Games

Crossing Souls initial reveal + the other 4 revealed ahead of the planned date, November 17th at 9pm PT

Game Ratings Cards Achievements Details Bundled Retail Price
Crossing Souls 85% of 466 reviews 🏆    Giveaways    0 $14.99
Epistory - Typing Chronicles 95% of 1742 reviews 🏆    Giveaways    4 $14.99
NeuroVoider 79% of 245 reviews 🏆    Giveaways    0 $13.99
Hammerwatch 89% of 3127 reviews 🏆    Giveaways    3 $9.99
Turmoil 89% of 2416 reviews 🏆    Giveaways    2 $9.99

Retail:

• $63.95

CV:

• 34.22 (Crossing Souls + NeuroVoider give full CV, the rest gives reduced CV)

The 4 final unlocks were leaked for the leak info), and this might be the reason for the early release.

Thanks to luckz for the poll!

View attached image.
5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is it a lootbox.... subscription? With games?

View Results
[Yes, reveal game] I'm in, Crossing Souls alone is worth the ten bucks.
[Yes, faith in mystery games] I trust Chrono.gg to find some excellent indie titles to complement the headliner.
[Maybe] To join the 'Looters' or not, mh... Sounds like a Twitch streamer fanclub!
[Region lock] I would consider buying this, but it's USA only. No dice.
[Argh, subscriptions] Not another $12 a month setup... These days gaming is like going to the gym, only with more keys to redeem.
[Content quality & quantity dubious] Humble throw in some AAA games, these are all-indie. The last indie subscription attempt folded right away. This even has fewer games than Humble.
[Generic complaint] Loot Crate is even worse than IGN. Do you know what they *do* in their deep dark dungeons? Ghastly things!

No idea how to feel about this, how bad the other games are gonna be.

I really enjoyed watching Crossing Souls for some hours. I'd claim it's worth half the $10 by itself.

EDIT: I forgot Crossing Souls is allegedly to be found in https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/LUtER/humble-day-of-the-devs-bundle-2018-leak

5 years ago*

According to a leak, Crossing Souls is going to be in the Humble Day of the Devs Bundle 2018, which most likely releases on Friday. Also, only 5 games for $11.99, which is less than what Humble Bundle offers. That's a no from me.

5 years ago

So... basically the same idea as Humble Monthly, but focused on indie titles

5 years ago

And less of them to boot.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

5 years ago

Like the Humble Monthly, but with everything being slightly worse.
I don't want them to fail though. Hopefully they'll be successful and they'll be a competitor to Humble.

5 years ago

if they focused on indie titles and won't include aaa games, price should be 5-6$, not 11.99$
:/

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago

Here's an article about it on Comicbooks.com Adding it to the OP wouldn't be a bad idea, but that's totally up to you Lilly.
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/10/17/loot-crate-announces-monthly-loot-play-digital-game-subscription/

5 years ago

Added, thank you!

5 years ago

As far as the bundle goes it probably would of been a better idea to announce a different game just because Crossing Souls will be in one of the upcoming HB bundles. But to be fair they probably aren't aware that the game has already been revealed by the charity working with HB.

One thing that I feel will make people want to purchase it is if all the games have at least several hundred "very positive" Steam purchase reviews and having unbundled ones would be a huge plus as well. One of the biggest pluses for the devs that do go into the Loot Play bundles is they will get paid much more than they would with HB.

5 years ago

Just a warning to whoever is thinking of subscribing; LootCrate doesn't have a very good track record / reputation. See the various threads on the sub-reddit page: https://www.reddit.com/r/loot_crate/

5 years ago*

Added, thank you!

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago

Eh I'd go with the predominant issue being boxes of nickel and dime garbage.

I'd be surprised if half the games included weren't given away free at some point.

5 years ago

I'm going to guess the first month will have to be pretty good. Otherwise, this thing is dead in the water.

5 years ago

I like chrono.gg so I'd give this loot a chance for this month... were I in the usa :/ I'm not, so... yeah...

5 years ago

$2.00 - $2.40 per mystery game, depending on subscription level, no guarantee that they were not already bundled before, and being indie games in a bundle they will probably be rebundled at some point. Too risky for me, I think. But we'll see what the reveals are, maybe I'll regret it. :)

5 years ago

even more, only confirmed game is already leaked as part of upcoming Day of the Dev Humble Bundle: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/LUtER/humble-day-of-the-devs-bundle-2018-leak .

5 years ago

my thoughts exactly! well stated stlpaul!
this is a NO for me.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

5 years ago

Crossing Souls is leaked as part of upcoming Humble Day of the Devs bundle: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/LUtER/humble-day-of-the-devs-bundle-2018-leak .

So not only Region Lock for digital bundle (artificial Region Lock let me add, as Crossing Souls keys are not region locked according to Steam DB, also 99% of indies are not region locked), not only game that is supposed to lure us is aboput to be bundled very soon, but also 10$ for mystery bundle of indies only - price comparable with Humble Monthly, where we get more games and quite often AAAs among indies. So no thank you. I have no problem with paying 10$ (if I even could, wrong region ;p) for high quality indies-only bundle, but paying almost HB Monthly price for mystery bundle with possible rebundles is a major overkill.

5 years ago

From preordering games to preordering (subscribing to) multiple mystery games (bundles) at once.
FeelsWeirdMan

5 years ago

I'm intrigued, but I can't imagine pre-paying for an entire year up front, based on a single game reveal. I'll keep an eye out, to see how the first couple of bundles look.

5 years ago

I'm surprised that Fanatical hasn't come out with a monthly bundle yet. Wasn't expecting this from Lootcrate. ...Think I will try it for one month and see if I am pleasantly surprised. The first month, at the very least, should have something interesting.

5 years ago

I think they are/were at least considering it; there was a survey from them a while ago asking questions in that directions. (To which I answered with a very strong "please don't".)

There might be room for a lower-priced good quality indie one, perhaps (for my budget the Humble Monthly is almost too expensive and I'm usually more interested in the indies than the AAAs).

I really hate blind preorders / subscriptions though. Trying to quit the Monthly, probably will soon (now that my yearly is finally up). Damn FOMO though ...

5 years ago

People won't learn, now we will be flooded by game loot box abos... thanks, idiots... -.-

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Same price as Humble, less games than Humble... and completely locking me out as Euro.
Though I do wonder if it's actual regionlocked games or we Euri's can win these at Steamgifts after the fact.
Anyway, it's a pass... if only because it's a forced one XD

5 years ago

VPN?

5 years ago

I wonder when the rest of the games will be revealed, that'll be a real sign. Also a fine example of why leaks aren't absolute.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Except that 95.6% of humanity can't buy it.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Another big difference is that part of Humble Bundle's sales is contributed to charity, so sometimes people are willing to pay more out of goodwill.

5 years ago

Not really happening based on how the average donation in bundles is generally quite low.
And I don't know if monthlys give to charity.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Would be nice if we could use our Chrono coins to buy this, I've over 20k unused coins...

5 years ago

Note that you have only a few more hours to order this bundle.

Order by November 16th at 9pm PT.

(=05:00 GMT, Saturday November 17th )

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.