Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Thanks for reporting, will fix it later.

You need to send a request through Steam first, because Steam does not allow inviting users that are not your friend to a group, but since you are my friend on Steam I just sent you an invite. The description of the group explains this: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/esgst Maybe I should add this info when you click the request button on the settings menu...

6 years ago

Thanks.

I've accepted the invite. Thanks.
Yeah, I guess adding the info to the popup would be helpful since you would never know unless you actually go and visit the groups page (in case it should open in a new tab when clicking the button - it didn't for me since I have extensions to block that... others surely do as well). Maybe instead of the button being a request to join the group, make the button open the groups page or opening a popup with a link to the group instead asking people to visit the group by clicking the link to request to join the group. I'd assume anyone who would want to join the group wouldn't mind doing the extra step (especially since adding non-friends isn't possible anyways).

Another thing unrelated to the issue: I just noticed that clicking the browser notification for e.g. new messages opens a new tab. I'd prefer to just open the messages page in the already open tab instead. Also, before working brwoser notifications have to be activated to work first. (As soon as the first notification is available the browser will show a pop up where you have to allow browser notifications for steamgifts once you change back to the steamgifts tab.) Maybe that should be mentioned in the feature description or the changelog.

6 years ago

Yeah, that functionality was originally a part of Comment Tracker, but it was later separated into its own feature by popular demand. A lot of feature descriptions are outdated, because the script is constantly changing, so they can be confusing for new users or users who haven't been following the changelog. If you have any questions about other features feel free to ask. I have to reserve some time when I can to update the information.

6 years ago

Bug: enter button is missing if game does not have a steam store page.

it can be forced to show by entering from giveaway page then going back to giveaways and open the description/comment popup and leave giveaway, now it will show the enter button except in the popup.

6 years ago

Both times I have used this script to create trains I just get left with the markup in the description:

[ESGST-P]← [P]Previous[/P] ←[/ESGST-P] | [ESGST-N]→ [N]Next[/N] →[/ESGST-N]

But I thought the script would fill in this with the actual links, I thought I followed the steps correctly having used the generate button first for the description

6 years ago

I'm not sure what you mean? They got created ok and went green in the list of train carriages. Just meant I had to manually edit the descriptions to link them together

6 years ago

Sorry, your description of the problem is a bit confusing, so I'm not quite sure what is going on. Can you disable Custom Header/Footer Links if it is enabled and see if the issue still happens?

6 years ago

What it says, add a Steam API key in the settings menu (last section).

The description of the feature has everything you have to do to get it working.

6 years ago

Hello,

Just installed this wonderful tool via greasemonkey / Firefox; I have my browser updated to the latest version, but I cant make the "enter" function from mainpage (without having to go into the GA description/page) work with this setup. Button is showing, but when I click it's stuck in "Entering". If you have any clue ;)

Thanks

6 years ago

Did you follow the description of the feature?

6 years ago

No, it was moved to Element Filters, check the description of the feature.

6 years ago

Thanks for your help. The description has the featured container as example.
[esgst.giveawaysPath].featured__container

6 years ago

Did you check them in the last 24 hours and then checked again after they made the giveaways? Results are cached for 24 hours, as the description of the feature states.

6 years ago

If I do the same but add the next/previous info in the description textarea of the GA creator beforehand, the train is created but the carts all have the description (including next/previous links) from the imported [description=""] tag nonetheless.

Where is the issue there? That would be expected, no?

6 years ago

Oh I forgot to mention another issue. The user tags on someone's profile can cause the sidebar to overlap with the Giveaways Won section when scrolling, depending on how long the user tag description is AND if you have text on the page zoomed.
https://imgur.com/mpC8uh9
https://imgur.com/Xgxahhf

It doesn't happen on Giveaways Sent page. Is it because of the " > Giveaways > Won" after the user tag?

I used another SG script that put the user tag beside your username at the top. Like this https://imgur.com/NsX30GM
I think that would be a better place if it fixes the issue since it makes the user tag more obvious.

The sidebar overlapping also happens on the main giveaway page if "Accurate Timestamps" is enabled. It's not as bad; the search bar and row lines overlap a little. But if there's a user tag next to the creator's name then the overlapping will be worse.

Edit: Oh yea even if you have User Tags disabled but have Accurate Timestamps enabled AND text is zoomed the overlapping will happen in the Giveaways Won page.

6 years ago*

That's too much work for me at the moment, especially since many features are constantly changing, and there are a lot of features. I try to make their descriptions as descriptive as possible so that a screenshot isn't needed, because screenshots get very easily outdated and changing text is far faster than taking a screenshot, editing it and uploading it.

You can edit the wiki if you want though. If each user of the script took a screenshot and posted it there, there wouldn't be such heavy work for one single person and we could get a few screenshots.

6 years ago

"Filter out useless descriptions." should make that button appear.

5 years ago

Right click your "Logout" button on SteamGifts and go to "Inspect Element". See if the HTML of the button looks like this:

<div class="nav__row is-clickable js__logout" data-form="do=logout&amp;xsrf_token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">
  <i class="icon-blue fa fa-fw fa-sign-out"></i>
  <div class="nav__row__summary">
    <p class="nav__row__summary__name">Logout</p>
    <p class="nav__row__summary__description">Sign-out of your account.</p>
  </div>
</div>
5 years ago

Probably a bug, I'll look into it. As the description of the feature says, the templates can be loaded through the button in the main page heading.

5 years ago

Train generator prev/next links not creating correctly #1009
gsrafael01 commented 12 days ago
I'll look into it. But in the meantime, you can use Multi-Manager to edit giveaway descriptions in mass. With it enabled, select all of the giveaways that you want to edit, click "Replace", enable "Use regular expression.", paste /\[](.+?)]\((.+?)\)]/g in the search field and [$1]($2) in the replace field. And done, all of the descriptions will be edited.

https://github.com/gsrafael01/ESGST/issues/1009

5 years ago

Yeah, I used the auto formatter tool in my editor while I was editing the description of some features and it messed up some things. Hopefully it was only in some files. I did a global search and replace in v8.1.1 that should solve most, if not all, of them.

5 years ago

I think filtering giveaway descriptions stopped working.

5 years ago

Thanks.
I tried new additional option of "Accurate Timestamp" and works fine!

Edit:
I found miss spell of description.
"2017/01/01 - yyyy/mm/dd" => "2017/01/01 - yyyy/MM/dd"

5 years ago

How's 7.2.10 (Barter.vg) supposed to work?
Sure, it's one of the game categories. But its description says "Links to the Barter.vg page of the game." - but where are said links? All I can see is the new tag - but clicking on it does nothing (as expected). But there's also no link to a game's page on barter anywhere else.

5 years ago

The filter itself mention in his description "This option requires7.2.31 Trading Cards enabled to work.". Have you enabled game categories and trading cards?

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.