So sometime in the last couple of days I've passed 2 years on Steamgifts, so I thought it's a perfect time to do a little giveaway, or 2, or more. Everything you need is down below!

E: Usual Steamgifts rules apply, absolutely no spoilers or passing links.

E: For clarification, you should find 5 letters, in a xxXxx fashion, all are letters and the capital X is a capital letter, other x's are lower-case. But that's not the letters of the giveaway code, there is one more small step.

1st hint: look at everything I've given you.
1.5st hint: look really closely.

2nd hint: you should have found a series of images (not the ones used for the ITH quizzes), there's something hidden in those images.
2.5nd hint: because one of the things you should be looking for might look like it is part of the image, I'll give you this one. It's the letter 'c' on the second image. I'm not (yet) going to tell you where that is.

3rd hint: some people have now found all the letters but are missing something... Look at the ITH quizzes again in depth, especially the first and last ones.

4th hint: what would Caesar do?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

4th and (probably) final hint added! 2 days to go!

1 decade ago

don't know who's number 2

1 decade ago

Showing invalid code for puzzle?

1 decade ago

Add me on Steam to discuss that, if you got the right letters, in the format given and are still getting the wrong code.

1 decade ago

$400 CV, do not forget that.

1 decade ago

Yep, and your point is?

I put the high contribution because a few people commented that the previous puzzle in this thread was too easy, and those people were high value contributors so I decided to give them a puzzle that was a bit harder. Possibly went too hard though.

1 decade ago

$400 CV is a bit high as we are used in puzzles giveaways and some players with "good" CV ($100-$200+) that usually do not check CV will get a surprise. Only pointing that xD

1 decade ago

Bump for solved! Thanks for a fun and challenging puzzle!

I think I initially missed the now-bolded edit because you were adding hints to the bottom of the OP so I was no longer checking the text above it.

1 decade ago

Still no solvers who've entered the giveaway! One day left.
o.0

1 decade ago

Who the heck is the actor in the second pic? O_O

1 decade ago

That's for me to know, and you to find out.

And it's an actor from a big name film rather than a small niche one.

1 decade ago

Bump 4 Solved even tho I dont have the CV >_<''

1 decade ago

Okay, so here's the solution to the original puzzle:

There was a long string of characters in the main thread, MDExMDEwMDAgMDExMTAxMDAgMDExMTAxMDAgMDExMTAwMDAgMDAxMTEwMTAgMDAxMDExMTEgMDAxMDExMTEgMDExMTAxMTEgMDExMTAxMTEgMDExMTAxMTEgMDAxMDExMTAgMDExMDEwMDEgMDExMTAxMDAgMDExMTAwMTEgMDExMTAxMDAgMDExMDExMTEgMDExMDExMTEgMDExMDEwMDAgMDExMDAwMDEgMDExMTAwMTAgMDExMDAxMDAgMDAxMDExMTAgMDExMDAwMTEgMDExMDExMTEgMDExMDExMDEgMDAxMDExMTEgMDExMTAwMDAgMDExMTAxMDEgMDExMTEwMTAgMDExMTEwMTAgMDExMDExMDAgMDExMDAxMDEgMDAxMDExMTEgMDExMDExMDEgMDExMTAwMDAgMDAxMTAxMDAgMDEwMTAwMTEgMDEwMDAwMTEgMDEwMDEwMTAgMDEwMTAwMDAgMDEwMDAxMDE=.

That is, if you didn't recognise it, encoded text in Base64.

Going here and pasting that code into the Base64 box and decoding gave a binary (01101000 01110100 01110100 01110000 00111010 00101111 00101111 01110111 01110111 01110111 00101110 01101001 01110100 01110011 01110100 01101111 01101111 01101000 01100001 01110010 01100100 00101110 01100011 01101111 01101101 00101111 01110000 01110101 01111010 01111010 01101100 01100101 00101111 01101101 01110000 00110100 01010011 01000011 01001010 01010000 01000101).

Paste that into the binary box and decode and you get the link to an ITH puzzle.

To find that answer, it's a simple case of Google Searching for the correct term (use Google's Advanced Search Feature and it's a lot easier). Search for "Created by: Cha0sSt0rm" site:steamgifts.com/forum

Looking through the Search results, you'd find my oldest thread about a game: this one, but I initially messed the puzzle up slightly* and used this thread code instead. When someone pointed it out to me, I added the Fallout 3 thread code to the ITH puzzle answers.

*I accidentally mis-read the date on the Fallout one on Google results as being 19th and not the 9th of February.

Solving the ITH puzzle gave you the link to this giveaway, and from there you could get to giveaways for Fez and Starseed Pilgrim by just clicking through the links.

As for the current puzzle... Well, I'll post solutions to this little devil once it's finished in a few hours time!

1 decade ago

Well, that's one entry to this! Anyone else? 11 hours left.

1 decade ago

Last call 20 minutes to go!

1 decade ago

Ok so solutions to the big one.

1. Hidden in the source code is this: http://www.itstoohard.com/puzzle/NVY0MFFiNFU=. That's not a valid web address, but the end characters are the Base 64 encode of 5V40Qb4U.
  2. Un-encoding it using this. Get to here
  3. That image is Balin, one of the dwarves from The Hobbit.
  4. Solving that puzzle gave these links: 1 and 2, and the words Zombies rot quickly.
  5. Looking hard at the zombie image, you can find the letter f, on the zombie front row, third from the right.
  6. Going to that second ITH puzzle, that's Sean Connery.
  7. Solving gave 1 and 2.
  8. There's a letter c on the cap of the zombie on the left.
  9. Third ITH puzzle, that's a TIE Fighter from Star Wars.
  10. Solving gave 1 and 2.
  11. There's a letter A on that zombie image, on the left in the sky, about level with the main zombie's eyes. That's the one that people had difficulty finding.
  12. Fourth ITH, that's a DeLorean DMC 12 - specifically the one from Back to the Future.
  13. Solving gave 1 and 2.
  14. There's a letter b on the right shoulder of the main zombie in white. Several people mistook this as a 6, even after the clarification.
  15. Fifth ITH, that's the Black Knight, from Monty Python's Holy Grail / Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
  16. Solving gave 1 and That's your last one. You now have everything you need to get where you want to be. When you get there, please comment nonsensical sentence (as well as the usual 'thanks') so I know everyone went through all the necessary steps.
  17. Well, that there is a cat. I did warn you. There's a letter l on the tongue of the cat.
  18. By now, you've got the letters fcAbl, but there is one more step.
  19. The hint about rot, and the description for the 5th ITH ("Part 13 - 8"), and the hint I gave later about "What would Caesar do" were all pointers that you should try using a rotation-13 cipher on those letters.
  20. Once you've done that, you get the letters spNoy, which when used in the Steamgifts/giveaway/ url lead to this giveaway.
1 decade ago

Do... do puzzles always get this complicated..?

1 decade ago

No, not always... But I've seen harder ones.

1 decade ago

:) Nice puzzle.Stuck on second puzzle LOL

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by PhantomLord.