Edit: Focus Entertainment has sent out keys to everyone affected automatically by now. You don't need to contact them anymore, just look for the email!

So The Surge was just removed from my library "due to a problem processing payment for this item". I've got it from this offer in the publisher's official store back in September 2021:

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/hPv37/buy-one-get-the-surge-free-until-4th-of-october
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/px0n57/focus_entertainment_store_the_surge_steam_key/

Like probably most people I chose the "The Surge - CREO Special Employee Kit" DLC as the product to purchase it with. I paid the 0,63€ via Paypal. Of course the transaction went through smoothly and hasn't been refunded or anything similar so far. Also the DLC I paid for is still in my library, I just can't use it anymore.

The whole order including the bill is still in my Focus Entertainment Store account and the transaction is in my Paypal account.

Anyone else with the same problem?

Edit: a first reply by a dev "we're working on it":
https://steamcommunity.com/app/378540/discussions/0/3827541651924462718/#c3827541651924598182

Edit2: a first reply from their support after contacting them via their website:

Thank you for contacting Focus Entertainment.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with The Surge.
Our Technical Support has received the information that you will get a new Steam key as soon as possible.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Regards,
Focus Entertainment

Edit3:
Got a new key via email. And it seems they automatically sent a new key to everyone who was affected. No need to contact them.

11 months ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Yep got it revoked too and purchased it together with SHINESS: THE LIGHTNING KINGDOM but that game was not revoked. Seems to be just the Surge in specific.

11 months ago

Yeah, same situation. And it seems that their store is not functioning at that moment

https://store.focus-entmt.com/eu/product

EDIT: It works, but do not put your date of birth under 18, it 404's all the store lol

11 months ago*

The store works, you just probably tried an old link that doesn't work anymore. Try:

https://store.focus-entmt.com/eu/product/636570/the-surge

11 months ago

Alright, there was something wrong with my browser, it works after clearing all cookies

11 months ago

I have game from Fanatical and no revoke, so seems like it is just that cheap keys store issue. Never heard of them, is it legit store?

11 months ago

It is the official store of the publisher themselves of The Surge and other games. ;)

11 months ago

Ah. Maybe they realized 60 cents is too cheap.

11 months ago

Good to know it's not just me at least, got scared for a moment.

11 months ago

The Surge - CREO Special Employee Kitx > $0.63
Vampyr > $9.50
The Surge > $0.00

Even with $10 purchase it has been revoked, lucky I played and finished the game a while ago.

Was considering get Surge 2 as it was a great game, but after this, well if they don't give me the game back I'll remove it from my wishlist.

11 months ago

damn, I have traded that key of the game that i got this way, someone is cursing me right now if they don't read these news...
shame, and i may get a -rep cause of this

11 months ago

Ditto. I bought Rotastic for $0.75.

View attached image.
11 months ago

Steam Forum post for the topic in case any one is interested
https://steamcommunity.com/app/378540/discussions/0/3827541651924462718/

A Dev will post an update in that topic once they see it

11 months ago

They just did. "We're working on it".

11 months ago

Thx

11 months ago

I got The Surge - Augmented Edition for ~$2.71 from a recent fanatical bundle, no problems so far, so looks like it's only a problem for the keys acquired from that particular offer.

11 months ago

Got a reply from their support promising "a new Steam key as soon as possible".

11 months ago

I also have the same problem, I have reported this to Focus Entertainmente and am waiting for a response.

11 months ago

Got a reply.

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting the Focus Store Team.

The Steam key for The Surge has been removed due to a technical issue, we sincerely apologise for that. The correction of this is in process already and we will provide you with a new game key asap, most likely within the next 48h. Please make sure to also check your spam and promotions folder for emails from us, so you don't miss this information.

Should you have any further questions about the game, the re-activation or your account, please contact the relevant Focus team through the following email:
support@focus-home.com

They will hopefully be able to assist you in this matter. Again, we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Have a good day!

With kind regards,
Your Focus Store customer service

11 months ago

A lot more detailed than the one I got. Thanks! ^^

11 months ago

Same here. At least I'm not the only one. :D

11 months ago

At least it was their own store, and they seem to be set on correcting the issue - so they can just add new keys for the profiles that got the game in that particular deal.

11 months ago

Yeah, let's hope they do it automatically for everyone affected and not on a case by case basis only for people who complain. At least one user on Steam wrote that they got the game from Newegg and were affected too though.

11 months ago

Same here. I am trying to send them an email but I can't log in their site. It's loading forever and their site doesn't work properly in general.

11 months ago

Works fine here. Have you tried https://store.focus-entmt.com/ ? Maybe try deleting your cookies.

11 months ago

Same here, i just enter Steam and bang-i got this message

PS. Where did you buy your copy? I cant remember where i bought this, but i remember it was free when purschase something...any info?

@EDIT
Ok, nvm, i found my order on focus ent store

11 months ago*

Guys I just received a new key in my email, so be patient, your key could arrive soon (If you may not have it already in there) :)

11 months ago

Yep got mine on the mail a min ago

11 months ago

I just got it back. It's a mishap at their end.

11 months ago

Received an email out of nowhere describing what you just mentioned and I kind of thought it was bogus at first; I don't even remember playing the game let alone purchasing it. And then I logged in to steam to see the soft warning.

Added and activated the replacement key without issues.

11 months ago

Good to know, so people don't have to contact them. I got my key as well.

11 months ago

Got a reply

Dear customer,

We regret to inform you of an operational issue that occurred with our system, causing the revocation of your Steam key of the game The Surge. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience.
Please find your new key for The Surge below:

Your save is still in your computer’s files and will be available again automatically after you activate your new Steam key. Please be careful not to uninstall the game. If you have uninstalled it, there could still be a chance to retrieve your save through the Steam Cloud.

If you need further assistance, you can contact our support at the following address: or create a ticket directly on our support by selecting the topic "Check on an order's status".
We hope you go through these steps smoothly and resume slicing and dicing your enemies in The Surge very soon,
Thank you for your patience,
Sincerely,
The Focus Entertainment Store Team

11 months ago

Closed 11 months ago by WaxWorm.