10 months ago

Comment has been collapsed.

can't see the list

10 months ago

now is good

10 months ago

Somehow I feel like this breaks some kinda rule on SG...

10 months ago

If you're crafting steam badges just to make profit on selling backgrounds, prepare to be disappointed. Granted I've wasted money just to see haha steam level go brr but, believe me when I say it's a waste of money. The only time you do manage to "break even" is during the winter and summer steam sales when you get an additional trading card instead of a steam discount for some shovelware, and that's only if you manage to quicksell the sale trading cards for 10c during the first week or so before they crash down to 3c a week later.

10 months ago

Since years the sale cards go for like 5 cents hours into the event, so it may be even harder

10 months ago

of course, there is no 100% payback anywhere, and nothing will be given to you for free. I crafted half of these badges myself, I could win with a 10% chance and then lose with a 30% chance, it all depends on your luck.

10 months ago

You should try Texas Hold 'Em or Sport bets.
I've tried both Steam Trading card collecting obviously not with the intent to make a profit and actual gambling is waaaaay more fun 😅

10 months ago

I completely agree with you, but there are people who are interested in this theme or who want to raise the level and not spend money. First of all, I made this list for myself, but I decided to share it with you, if you are not interested, skip it

10 months ago

мамкин бизнесмен))))

10 months ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

10 months ago

View attached image.
10 months ago

KONRADS (and brother... and cousin) DID NOTHING WRONG!

10 months ago

The ref link inside your file could be a problem on sg with the existing rules.

10 months ago

I think it won't be a problem since I don't publish it here, and I don't encourage people to go over it

10 months ago

If something is profitable in steam market and you share it, it won't be profitable for much longer.
That being said, crafting booster packs for many lewd games and either selling them or the opened cards is profitable.
Just gotta do your research on what games you have and how much their boosters/cards sell for compared to the price of 1000 gems.
And some booster packs for such games cost only 500 gems. Sacks of 1000 gems are only ~28 cents nowadays.
And at some point you hit the gold mine and open a lewd foil card.

10 months ago

I don't know about lewd games but anime foil cards are definitely a gold mine, I got a foil card from one of the Neptunia games earlier this year and when it finally got bought (took like two months) it covered the price of Nier Automata and some cheap extras by itself.

10 months ago

10 months ago

Nep, this one. But take into account that I'm Argentinian and currently Steam's prices can be seriously outdated for us.

10 months ago

i used to do this for FEAR Online, great profit

10 months ago

thanks, will add that when I update the file.

10 months ago

not sure it's worth now

10 months ago

I plan on looking for new games for this theme anyway, as it has piqued my interest.

10 months ago

An interesting attempt. However, potential is capped by the level-5 limit. Once you reach it, and you reach it fast, you need alternative accounts.

10 months ago

Of course I understand that. Therefore, I plan to look for more games in order not to switch to new accounts. Also, this topic will be interesting for people who want to pump their level in Steam and have the opportunity to return funds.

10 months ago

Many years back when I was fresh in college, I actually decided to play the steam market. I found out VA-11 Hall-A booster packs had a decent profit margin over several dozen cents. I kept at it for weeks, buying sacks of gems, turning them into VA-11 booster packs, selling them, then using the funds to buy more sacks of gems. Things were going fine. I was set to make $10 after a few weeks, but I was ready to keep reinvesting. I figured that at the very least I could make enough to buy games to play while drunk. Unfortunately, the gem sack market tanked in December. Suddenly, the value of gem sacks plummeted, and with it so did my VA-11 cash cow. Ever since, I've never seen the price of gem sacks go above 50 cents. Sometimes, they go above 40, but they mostly stay within the 30-40 cent margin. Now I'm sitting on several sacks of gems, waiting for the market to magically fluctuate so I can break even. It's been years since.

If I had to guess why the market crashed like it did back then, it would probably have to do with Steam cracking down on the steam card market around the same time. If you didn't know, back then, Steam's Greenlight service was exploited by people who would give away free keys for free reviews and etc. to get their game a steam store page, and in turn free steam cards would be farmed for free. This was back when games barely had criteria for having steam cards. More so, developers whose games were banned were still able to make money off of the steam card market, and you would see game keys being given away for nothing.

10 months ago

Interesting. In January, we have had a crash of the price of gems too. I have yet to figure out why. The price had been around 0.35 € for a long time, then crashed to 0.30€ during Winter sales, as expected, but never recovered. It is still at 0.29 €, and will crash even further down during the upcoming Summer sales on June 19, 2023. No idea why, I guess there is a new botnet to farm huge amounts of gems during seasonal sales (more offer), or large buyers have disappeared because they were located in troublesome areas (less demand).

10 months ago

Ah yes definitely worth it to waste your precious time to make a few cents and only a chance at that to make a few cents lol

10 months ago

Is it profitable to waste your time to write a comment under a post that does not interest you? I made an excel file for myself and decided to share it, maybe people will be interested in this topic.

10 months ago

Except my comment only took like 10 seconds to write while doing this takes several minutes and is a huge waste of your time. Get a job and actually make money the real way. This is stupid and doesn't even work half the time. Or doing simple tasks to make money is more profitable than this. Don't waste your time spending several minutes to make a couple cents. Have self worth.

10 months ago

10 seconds regardless of your time spent viewing my file, I'm not interested in making a few cents, it's a gamble for me. And when you level up in Steam, you can get cashback. And you uselessly waste your time writing comments under a post that you are not interested in x2.

10 months ago

you can buy those games cheap then buy their emojis, backgrounds in the Points Store....

10 months ago

I think you did not understand the meaning of this post

10 months ago

Any suggestion that Steam crafting and trading can be profitable is actually quite funny to me. Almost anything else that a person could do would have a higher rate of return.

I'll second the observation that markets have a way of removing any advantage, however slight, once it becomes noticed.

10 months ago

Сompletely agree, but this method has been known since the birth of Steam. I just collected many games in one file.

10 months ago

👍

10 months ago

Closed 9 months ago by zuvahi.