[REMOVED]

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Those REKCUFs who write such laws should just cut their own asses off & eat their own asses RAW

9 years ago

this affect the uk?

9 years ago

uk is in eu?

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

9 years ago

The UK isn't part of the monetary union.

9 years ago

i read about a European Union.. not a EURO zone. is wrong?

9 years ago

Not everything the EU decides affects every country, ridiculously, so whether or not this affects the UK remains to be seen considering they still have the pound there.

9 years ago

this affect the uk?

9 years ago

uk is in eu?

9 years ago

Well they should remember we dont have to buy this games, still we can have them for free :)

9 years ago

At least everything else is cheap.

9 years ago

good thing i live in switzerland and not in f*cking Europoors Union

9 years ago

Does Switzerland have US prices?

9 years ago

different laws than EU, prices are still a little bit higher than in the rest of EU anyway. but we still having prices in Euros, not in our currency, is very good for us

9 years ago

Valve has so far made a killing in the EU because of the $1 = €1 policy. They can afford to keep the prices the same.

9 years ago

$1 <> €1

9 years ago

Merkel ruined all.

9 years ago

all but germans

9 years ago

Trust me, she ruins us just as well. All for their corporate friends.

9 years ago

you have it good compared to southern countries

9 years ago

I will trade her for my president (Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner/Argentina) any day.

9 years ago

I'm done with steam anyway, I still know where I can get free games so let them charge whatever the hell they want, they're not getting first world amounts of cash from this dude from the Balkans.

btw, this will probably fuck up the entire continent, not just the official EU countries, as we all have EU prices whether we're in the union or not.

9 years ago

Did Europeans collectively get a big raise recently? Where are the people who mention their superior to American minimum wages being the reason for higher game prices?

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

A true fact is that starting from the 1st of January, VAT on "Telecommunications, broadcasting & electronic services" must be charged according to the customer, not the seller's country. Very official source.

What is still unclear to me is what VAT rate was/is being applied by Valve Europe until now. My guess is 15%, not 3%, though.

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

I tend to agree.

9 years ago

3% is reduced rate is for books. It obviously doesn't apply to games, and regular 15% is used instead.

9 years ago

Luxembourg has been allowing major companies moving their European headquarters there tax exemptions via ad-hoc bilateral agreements which are illegal pretty much everywhere else. In fact, big companies based in Luxembourg have been netting huge profits there paying very little taxes and moving their losses to their subsidiaries across Europe, in what basically amounts to tax evasion. Google "LuxLeaks" and see what comes up.

9 years ago

All true, but do you know whether Valve had one of those ad-hoc agreements?

9 years ago

Why do you think it's based there. YES.
Although mainly is for their taxes, more than VAT.

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

We were already paying a "tax inclusive price" for Steam even if Valve didn't pay theirs

9 years ago

THIS

9 years ago

Unless they'll block US traders too, this could actually be good for me.

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

Yeah, Valve doesn't care that much so it might happen.

9 years ago

Hahahaha, in Argentina we need to pay 35% more since ~ 2 years ago and we are not crying

9 years ago

What about Hungary We are in EU2 region, we have EU1 prices, we have 27% TAX. And we have 300EUR/month payment. We pay same prices like you guys in germany (2000EUR/monthly payment)

9 years ago

Yes the great Orban, instead of investing EU-money wisely...he feed dubious projects, lowered company taxes and raised the VAT...at least you still can use the internet...without a pay-slot next to the PC.So i fully agree, you deserve higher wages in Hungary...it´s not only good for employees on Hungary...it also something that's good for employees in german industrie...

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

Expect they do 1€=$1 prices. Also this affects GOG too like it does Steam :P

9 years ago

Only some of them are 1€=$1 and in those cases GOG gives you store credit to make the euro price fair.

9 years ago

Fucking european union...

9 years ago

It's a good thing, taxes I pay for a game will go to my country's budget, but when you have 24% VAT than it's not so good. I think EU should force countries to adopt a 5% or so tax for games bought online.

9 years ago

The solution is to buy bundles at $1... HB, IG and Groupee are the right places.

9 years ago

yeah ... and this bundles sounds always nice, but at the end i played only 1 game from all this bundles i bought this year. And bought alot.

9 years ago

IG also have $1=€1 nowadays.

Unless it's different IG?

9 years ago

As far as I know bundles are going to be more expensive too as they're digital services or digital goods if I'm right?

9 years ago

9 years ago

Funny how everyone in this thread is blaming the EU for forcing companies to pay taxes. No sorcery, just paying taxes, like everbody else has to.

9 years ago

As much as I hate taxes i have to pay them.I hate taxes and i hate it when they are raised but that is life,if you can not afford to buy games then imo you should not play.

I have a wishlist for a reason,for games i want but can bot get,though i have lots more i want but i can not afford.

This sale i had some money set aside i saved what i could.so i had a choice i either could get one game like Borderlands Pre for around half price and have one game,or i could buy a few older titles with huge discounts and have more then one game to play.

I ended up choosing to buy several cheaper games to have more to play.This thread seems to full of people who are unhappy with this,which is fine.

What i do fine funny though is raise taxes so now i will pirate it as that is the answer,let's not use logic which is if i can not afford it i do not buy it.

People are free to feel what they want and do what they want,but to condone stealing items because of higher taxes is just silly

I have a limited budget because i am disabled and i can not afford every game and a lot times it will be a month or two before i can get any games.

Anyhow in the end it still sucks that taxes are being raising i know how it is not to always afford games and actually sometime taxes have prevented me from getting a game because i was a few dollars short because of it.

9 years ago

Sure it sucks that they use this to raise the prices (if they actually do, imagine the shitstorm!).
However, my point was that it's not the EU raising the taxes, Valve just can't play their tax evasion games anymore. Otherwise I'd put my name on a mailbox in Luxembourg and stop paying taxes, too.

9 years ago

You know, the problem is that many websites (including Steam) convert 1$ to 1€. As example $49.99 would be 41,05€, but still Steam sets a price of 49,99€. The games are already expensive as fuck like that. And now adding even more taxes will raise the price even more, which is ridiculous.

9 years ago

Because all we're gonna get is higher prices, which is what they always do. Strangely enough they don't do anything against corruption in their own ranks or big players because of said corruption. They're taking easy targets to milk us for money.

9 years ago

I already don't buy from the Steam store, due to the $1=€1 bullshit.

9 years ago

Well i guess i will buy even less games now. :( I guess that will at least make me finish a lot of games i have in my library XD.

9 years ago

This again. For fuck sake. No. There won't be any increases. Move along.

9 years ago

How so?

9 years ago

Europeans already pay more on Steam than the highest national VAT. It's obvious Valve don't really care about taxes, they just set prices mostly randomly. Europeans and Australians pay more than Americans, despite being less wealthy. There used to be a EU2 region with lower prices, but it didn't even include all the countries with drastically lower income. Now that region is being phased out, so the European countries with Russia-level income and piracy have to pay the highest prices on Steam. Somehow, only Brazil qualifies for lower prices along with the former Soviet Union. Valve just can't be bothered to make a "Poor Worldwide" region with CIS or Russia or Brazil prices, payments in $ (same as now, so they don't have to do any work), and including all the low income countries not covered by existing regions. And, of course, if all the money they're making hadn't gotten to their heads and made them lazy and arrogant, they'd put the destitute southeastern Europe countries in the Russia/CIS region. But then again, if that were the case, they wouldn't have done the $1=€1 bullshit in the first place.

9 years ago

Well, anything that comes from the EU is highly suspicious. As usual, this is only another measure to take money from the people and shove it into corporate butts.

9 years ago

Closed 8 years ago by Credipede.