Because I really want to play Dark Souls, Batmans Arkhams, SMB and let my son play Toki Tori 2+.

Or do I buy a $10-ish dollar controller?

Thanks in advance.

Edit1: Thanks a lot for all of the comments. I bought a wired X360 controller. The experience playin' Dark Souls and Batman Arkham City was awesome! Which games would you recommend to acquire having this awesome controller including DS and Batman?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Back in the day you needed a joystick. Some games, like X-Wing Alliance wouldn't even run without one. Today, Xbox360 controller is a "really should have" item.

Get a wired Microsoft-produced one. Razor-produced is a piece of shit.

1 decade ago

Have a sabretooth and it hasn't given me any problems.

1 decade ago

You could always buy a cheaper controller, and then use something like x360ce to emulate it as an Xbox controller, for X-Input specific games. BUT, having in mind xbox 360 controllers are quite cheap (not much more than a decent 3rd party one) and having in mind that some games (at least Runner 2) crash and BSOD on you, when you launch them with x360ce dlls inside game folder, i really recommend you to buy the Xbox controller from Microsoft.

I for example have Thrustmaster Ferrari 430 Controller (aka Run'N'Drive), i bought it mainly for having a better racing games experience (but i bought a wheel since), and i really wish now i had bought a Xbox 360 controller for PC (cable version of-course).

There is One downside with xbox controller though (from countless forums replies i found), the D-Pad on it seems to be utter crap. So yeah (still you don't have better alternatives as for now).

1 decade ago

5-10 times more expensive for XBOX 360 controller is not much?

1 decade ago

I play Runner 2 with x360ce. No crash here!

1 decade ago

I would buy an official wired 360 controller, personally. I bought a cheaper one and it had some issues, from build quality to some games recognizing the left analog stick as constantly being held to the left.

1 decade ago

As always, you get what you pay for.

1 decade ago

Just buy Xbox controller, it is better than any other. And it worth it.

1 decade ago

No it not, I prefer the Logitech F710 over the xbox controller.

1 decade ago

I bought an official wired 360 controller and have not regretted it. Every game that has controller support has worked with no issues so far.

1 decade ago

totally. I've never had a problem with my xbox360 controller - can't say the same about other controllers.

1 decade ago

I bought a MadCatz wired 360 controller, it's never let me down.

1 decade ago

You can buy a cheap controller and use x360ce to emulate X360 controller.

1 decade ago

You can buy a cheap controller and use x360ce to emulate X360 controller.

1 decade ago

I bought an Xbox controller just for Dark Souls, and boy, money well spent. And then I ended up playing a bunch of other games with controller ( Mark of the Ninja, Sleeping Dogs just to name a few ). Probably worth it IMO.

1 decade ago

The wired xbox 360 controller is really good and well worth the price. Go for it.

1 decade ago

Speedlink Xeox Pro :)

Got my two wireless controllers for <40 € :)

1 decade ago

Buy it! It is worth!

1 decade ago

The wired Xbox 360 controller works out of the box on PC. Don't spend extra money for the PC version when they're exactly the same.

1 decade ago

Buy a 360 controller. It feels better than most (if not all) controllers, and from what I hear X360CE has issues with many games that the 360 controller handles with no hassle. Buy the wired one. The cord is decently long and fuck having to pay for batteries or a charger pack or even the extra cost of the wireless controller itself.

1 decade ago

It is not worth. I use NGS Maverick (older red version, but better than newer), which cost about 10-20$ with "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator" and all games, which jou can control with XBOX 360 controller you can also control under cheaper pad (even 5-10 times cheaper than XBOX controller) and many of them have the same functionality. I test XBOX 360 controller, but for me NGS Maverick, which I already have was more comfortable. With "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator" you set settings 1 time, and can use it for all games. But I want say you, that some of lowest prices controllers are not worth to buy it.

PS. Many games that don't say that support cotrollers in PC version, but are done also for XBOX 360, and then with that program you can use for it almost every controller.

1 decade ago

I got an Afterglow controller for the Xbox 360 for cheap (under $15) around the holidays and so far I'm glad that I did. Some games that have been ported from console to PC still play better with a controller than a keyboard. I'm enjoying my decision so far.

1 decade ago

Yes it is. You don't have to rely on other third party software. Wired Xbox controllers are not that expensive either. All games which support controllers shows the controls of an xbox controller so it will be easier for you. I would say an xbox controller would be an worthy investment in the long run :)

1 decade ago

i use it every day for games that work better with controllers, and everybody knows the xbox 360 controllers is one of the best ever made.

1 decade ago

Yes, please get the Xbox controller, good support in most of the games.
A wireless one would be a plus if you're gaming in the living room.

1 decade ago

xbox360 is the best controller ever,but i use a ps2 controller in my pc because i dont have a xbox360 controller.

if you have money available,buy it.

1 decade ago

I have a wired X360 one and it works great.

I mainly only play with controller on racing games but I finished Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham City with controller and when I tried out the keyboard the controller just felt better to me.

1 decade ago

In this day and age, controller should already be part of every PC gamer's arsenal. Some games are flat out better with it, no matter how much you love KB+M.

1 decade ago

yes

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Falakienos.