New, Bonuses Added and ends 11/1! Click or View Chart Below!

please help me [re]bump the thread so everyone can join!

This is not a bundle, but my 1st train! And a celebration of my 1k Steam game library and hitting level 6! :D and a celebration of the wonderful YOU!

Ironically, my 1000th Game turned out to be Barbie™ Dreamhouse Party™ ... Thanks student123 for making my dreams come true! <3

Skip to bottom of OP for TLDR and chart VVVV Please give me time to respond to all of your comments. I am replying to comments here first, and afterward the train ends, the comments on the cars <3

Well, I hope I fooled you! :) You probably know me from all those bundle threads ...But, I have been wanting to do a train for a while and haven’t gotten around to making one since my academics and essays/studying keep me occupied and up all hours of the day.

Plus, keeping up with all those pretty bundles and managing my group, Bundle Addicts Anonymous is a lot of fun and keeps me busy :D

Anyways, I thought about what kind of theme to make this. I thought of courage because it’s one of the components that keeps me going every day. I wake up in the morning and sometimes don’t feel prepared to tackle the challenges of the world. There are some days where I will sit at my desk or at home and cry because of a hardship. I think it take courage to even begin your day because you will never know what will happen.

There’s a saying by Shel Silverstein that goes

“The Voice
There is a voice inside of you
That whispers all day long,
"I feel this is right for me,
I know that this is wrong."
No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
Or wise man can decide
What's right for you--just listen to
The voice that speaks inside.”

I think a big struggle for me is to do what I feel is right and not conform to the desires of others, or what they think is right for me. I grew up wanting to please everyone, to always be perfect and do what is “right.” When I made decisions, it would always be according to what I thought my friends wanted, what would please my parents the most, what would make people happy, what I could do to avoid being “wrong”. I never thought about myself and my happiness in that complicated equation of decision-making.

When I think of an example of courage, I think about the time when I turned 19. I had always wanted a nose piercing, but was afraid to get one because a) my parents would disapprove of it b) my employers and peers might think of me differently c) the medical/health profession discourages having bodily accessories except earrings (ie: tattoos, piercings, etc.) d) fear that I would be judged by society due to the stigma against piercings.

I have always been a quiet, obedient, and simple person as well, so to get something that didn't seem "me" would be shocking to others, or so I thought. But then again, isn't it ME who gets to define who I am and project an image that I want? I thought about this concept for a while. I spoke to my employers, friends, and family to see what they thought. Finally, I decided that on my 19th birthday (which was 1.5 years ago), I would do what I wanted instead of what others wanted me to do. I wanted to break free of my shell and embrace something that would make me happy and feel unique.

The piercing itself didn’t hurt at all. It’s basically a very small nose stud that is barely noticeable unless you get close enough to see it. What was a big pain for me was the after-care because it kept on swelling up and sometimes would come out if I was not careful enough. Nevertheless, I took care of it, and I’ve had my piercing for over 1.5 years now :) My mom was the only one who objected to it… (Mom: WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME ;_;), but everyone else has been very supportive of me. I’m happy I had the courage to make this decision because it’s one of the things that I am truly proud of, amongst the many other great accomplishments I have had so far in the 20 years of my life.

In case you can't tell from my avatar or are that "Need pics or it never happened!" kind of person, here is me!

Anyways, I apologize for the word vomit >_>. I meant to make this post a celebratory one, not a boring/wordy/eye-sore discussion about my life experience and cheesiness.

If you would like to respond, I don’t mind if you just bump the thread, say thank you, or tell me about something that you’ve done in your life that YOU think is courageous. If someone else says what you do isn’t courageous, so what? What you believe is what you believe and feel, not what someone else tells you.

I realize that courage might mean something different to people around the world, so I guess I’ll put this definition of courage up, and you can interpret it however you want:

courage:

(also called bravery and bravado) is the choice and willingness to confront agony, pain,danger, uncertainty or intimidation. Physical courage is courage in the face of physical pain, hardship, death or threat of death, while moral courage is the ability to act rightly in the face of popular opposition, shame, scandal, discouragement, or personal loss.

Source: Wikipedia

Okay Rachel, where’s the damn GA already? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

lol ... TLDR: HERE IS A WEEKLONG CELEBRATION TRAIN of reaching 1K GAMES AND LEVEL 6. THIS TRAIN INCLUDES BUNDLED AND NONBUNDLED GAMES :D

Be sure to click on all the answers :) I made about ... hm... 50+ GAs? (10 Qs total, be sure to answer them all!)

Notice: ALL GAs have level 3+ requirements ): If you are below level 3, I apologize. Please enter these GAs below:

Level 2+ GAs

L

O

V

E

Enjoy <3 Have a great day everyone!

Train will end on Halloween night (Saturday, Oct 31. 11:59PM PST). May or may not add some bonuses later on :) I'll change the thread title if I do, so check back occasionally!

The Train of Courage … Begins here

and ... FOR THE CHART LOVERS

BUNDLE REVIEWS CARDS BUNDLED LINK RETAIL PRICE
Train of Courage and Love 100000000000% varies click priceless
BONUS GAME 1 97% 0 click $19.99
BONUS GAME 2 86% - 0 click $1.99
BONUS GAME 3 71% - 0 click $7.99
BONUS GAME 4 70% 0 click $12.99
BONUS GAME 5 89% 0 click $9.99
BONUS GAME 6 45% 0 click $14.99
BONUS GAME 7 60% 0 click $9.99
BONUS GAME 8 86% - 0 click $2.99
GRAND BONUS 79% 0 click $9.99
THE BEST AAA BONUS EVAR 72% 0 click one million dollahs

Here are some other trains made by awesome people:

Here are some inspirational gifs to ponder :)

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Hope you all have a great day everyone! Please take a letter below :)

View Results
L - loved the train!
O - one of the best rides ever! :)
V - very cool :D
E - exceptional! and Exciting ^^
Courage ... roar :3

Congrats on your ranking and your piercing. If you want something go after it and get it.

8 years ago

thank you for riding along and your words of encouragement!

8 years ago

Thanks Rachel.

This topic is a nice place to stay when love is all around. ENJOY!!!!!!

8 years ago

much love <333 thanks!

8 years ago

That was great, thanks !

8 years ago

thanks for joining the train!

8 years ago

Rachel, you should always do what you want.
Life is like GTA and you are CJ / Tony. (except many things!)

You do what you want, you are the player!
You can always play for some stranger on the street, but he is not real, he is just an npc - You are real!
So make your best for you! :))

Best Regrats! :D
Grrr!!

8 years ago

Agreed. life is kind of like a game, and I'm a player :) but i have control over my life, somewhat!

8 years ago

Helping others can reward you with cash / experience / prestige / knowledge / pledge :)
But they can be just npc, so as I said - we should concentrate on ourselves :)

8 years ago

Congrats, and I appreciate what you're doing!

8 years ago

thank you my dear :D

8 years ago

The most beutiful aspect of you can only be seen when you are yourself.

8 years ago

Congratulations on hitting level 6!

8 years ago

thanks!

8 years ago

Perhaps the most courageous thing one can do in life is to be authentic...and by that measure...I'd say you are the very definition of the word Rache : )

PS: Congrats on yet another milestone, one of many coming your way I'm sure :D

PPS: The piercing is adorable, and it's fun to be a li'l edgy innit ^_^

8 years ago

hehe thanks honey <3 this means a lot to me!
yes edgy is my kind of thing :) well just a little bit of it.

8 years ago

Congratulations on winning barbie!

And courage is very individual. For me, getting a nose piercing would not be a big deal, as I don't come from a background where that would be considered really strange, but getting a higher education required me to face the disapproval of my relatives, which turned out to be tougher than expected. That's something that other people would not consider to require any courage at all.

8 years ago

ah, yes, I understand. for some people it might not be a big deal but for others, it is! thank you for sharing with me about your story. i consider you going against the approval of your relatives in order to pursue a higher education as highly courageous :D

8 years ago

I've been distancing myself from them since my early teens for this very same reason as why they disapprove of me (or anyone) getting a higher education and getting anywhere in life, so the choice was in the end not really that hard. They would much rather blame the world for their failings, and for not keeping up than to actually adapt, and anyone who does not join them in their self pity and unwillingness to learn and adapt is part of the reason why they are being left behind. I don't want to be like that.

8 years ago

Thanks for this awesome train! <3

8 years ago

thanks for joining! :)

8 years ago

I admit it - I was fooled (a little). I was kinda hoping you got your own bundle somewhere. :P

Congrats on level 6, 1000 games, the (amazing) train, and the new piercing! Never understood why people look at us pierced folks differently (have several myself and covered in tattoos) when they should be looking at what kind of person you are beneath the surface. Decorated people are beautiful people. :)

8 years ago

Tzaar, honey, it's not a new piercing! In the OP, I wrote that I've had it for 1.5 years now XD I got it when i was 19, and now i am around 20.5 years old ^^

thank you so much for your encouragement! I have nothing against tattoos. To me, they are a form of personal expression, and you are absolutely right, what matters is the person underneath everything

8 years ago

Oops! That's what I get for reading posts at 3am. >.<

8 years ago

Congrats for the imminent level 6 achievement! And for the Game Industry Guardian achievement! And for Barbie! And for your personal courageous achievement! :) My personal corageous achievement? mm.... waking up every day :D

8 years ago

thank you perro <3
that is still an amazing achievement :) no matter how small or big, it takes courage!

8 years ago

Have a bump

8 years ago

thanks for riding along :) I hope you enjoyed it!

8 years ago

After stupidly stapled my finger for curiosity when i was younger and bleeding badly, i am irked by piercings especially those places other than earlobe. I wonder how people survive the pain from all those piercing. Anyway nice train!

8 years ago

some piercings hurt more than others depending on where on your body you get it. :)
thanks!

8 years ago

Your piercing is barely noticeable but cute.

I don't really see why so many people make a fuss about them. Just like I said in one of my earlier posts they're just accessories, much like rings, earrings or bracelets which are things everyone is okay with. The only difference between piercings and other accessories is how they're worn.

There's no need to apologize for the lengthy post, it was an interesting read. I hope you'll continue being yourself and wont feel bad about things you like or things you want to do only because some primitive assholes have negative opinions on it.

As for the train... the only giveaway I was interested in was level 6, so I didn't end up entering any.

8 years ago

to me, it is a personal expression! but i agree, i don't understand the stigma behind them. it would be interesting to research the history of piercings and see why it is so stigmatized.

I hope that a possible bonus or two will spark your interest! (if i put in any bonuses, that is). thanks for your words of kindness and for riding along!

8 years ago

Thank you. Have a bump

8 years ago

thanks for the bump <3

8 years ago

I wouldn't even notice the piercing if it wasn't mentioned. You still look like you I guess :D

8 years ago

hehe that's what a lot of people say! thanks :) I hope that is a good thing that i look like me o.0

8 years ago

Great ride! Thanks Rachel. :)

8 years ago

thanks! Hope you enjoyed the ride!

8 years ago

What a great idea! Thanks and have a bub-ump!

8 years ago

Much love to you! Thanks

8 years ago

thanks for the train

8 years ago

thanks for the bump <3 i appreciate it!

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

8 years ago

Glad you liked it :D it was a lot of work XD

8 years ago

Grats on 1000 and thank you for all the bundle infos. :)
Your piercing choice suits you a lot. :)

8 years ago

thank you my dear (:

and it's not a problem! always happy to be of service

8 years ago

Nothing better than game No.1000 being Barbie XD

8 years ago

IKR :D hehehe

8 years ago

thank you for being so honest about your personal life
thank you for everything u do here on SG
you are awesome!

8 years ago

i very much value honesty :) thanks for joining the train!

8 years ago

Congrats on your 1K and your half a dozen level. ^ ^

Thank you so much Rachel for your great train and all your bundle threads in the SG discussions!

View attached image.
8 years ago

thanks for riding along :) I hope you enjoyed it!

8 years ago

Yes I did it was a very nice and comfy ride. Thank you!

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.