Xbox 360 S and Xbox 360 E are eligible for the same promotion.

Microsoft Stores are offering $100 toward an Xbox One if you trade in an old console – even if it’s a PlayStation 3. The stores will also accept an Xbox 360 S or Xbox 360 E for the same amount, but warn that “supplies are limited.” They also warn that a console will only be accepted for trade-in "if it still works."
For comparison, IGN checked with multiple GameStop stores, which are currently offering $70 in trade-in value for a 160GB PlayStation 3 and $80 for a 250GB Xbox 360 S.

Microsoft told IGN the promotion "ends on March 2, or while supplies last." When asked if Wii consoles will be accepted, a spokesperson told us "This promotion is part of the Recycle for Rewards program and is focused on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360."

Source: IGN

I think this is a ploy by Microsoft to get people to give up their PS3 and get a xbox.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Do they have backwards compatibility this time?

Bah, stupid tab before finishing posts. -.- And what exactly is a Microsoft Store? Never heard of one of those.

1 decade ago

like apple store, but with fewer....whats the word...not hipsters persay(seems like they'd use linux) but you know...those guys

1 decade ago

As someone that recently walked into an apple store for the first time ever, can confirm that most of the people were either hipsters or tweens with mommy's credit card.

1 decade ago

no Middle East nationalities or Indians (I don't know if that's considered Middle East)?! They seem to love Apple products too....

1 decade ago

Lol no that's Asia.

Middle East is that peninsula (not sure if that is the right word in English) east of Egypt.

1 decade ago

India and other countries near it would be South East Asia to be more precise.

1 decade ago

Nope, India actually isn't part of that. But besides that, it's still just part of Asia.

Like Western Europe is also still just plain Europe besides being the Western part of it.

The only thing Indians and Mid-Easterns have in common, is not being both Mid Eastern, but both being Asian.

1 decade ago

The Middle East actually includes Egypt and Iran. They are the edges of the region with Turkey being the most northern country.

1 decade ago

I see you are right, always though of Egypt as just North-Africa. But apperently it's also part of the Middle East. :P

1 decade ago

Sorry, but there is no way anyone would trade in their PS3. Cheap PS Plus with free games every month, not to mention the fact that selling your PS3 online will probably get you more than $70/$100.

I will probably wait for Sony to come up with a PS4 + Vita bundle for about $530. Seems like a reasonable price to me.

1 decade ago

I'm pretty sure I could sell my ps3 for 120-150 euro, not including games.

1 decade ago

No. Why in the earth would i want a xbox one? rofl

1 decade ago

No thanks, I'll keep my PS3.
:)

1 decade ago

But I need my PS3 to play Dark Souls 2..

1 decade ago

#XB1M13

No thanks.

1 decade ago

They want to get PS3 because it's better than their xbox.

1 decade ago

Or just buy a PS4 that's already a lot cheaper than the Xbox One. :P

1 decade ago

I have one and can testify it's awesome :)

1 decade ago

lol, so you pay money even if is 100$ less to buy an Xbox 720p + give them an old console when for same money you can get a PS4 without selling it, or if you sell your old console, you can buy PS4 + stuff. Or if you don't buy a console you can buy a gaming PC.

1 decade ago

The old Xbox already was 720p. I guess you are referring to the working title of Xbox 720? In that case, it's called Xbox one now.

1 decade ago

XBox One is also 720p only. MS made programming for it so hard that developers can't squise 1080p out of it.

1 decade ago

That depends on the game, Ryse is 900p and Forza is 1080p.

1 decade ago

I'm referring to the new Xbox, you just didn't understand the joke. You know why they decided to name their new Xbox, One instead of 720? Because they knew it will play games on 720p. To avoid ppl saying something about it.

1 decade ago

Given your not too well written earlier comment, it was hard to see a joke in there.

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

people spreading rumors that the new revision of Xbox One looks like an old PS3 lazily painted over by an underpaid chinese man need to stop. i work at microsoft and it is not true. he's malaysian

1 decade ago

:D

1 decade ago

Good one :)

1 decade ago

Or keep your PS3 and get a PS4 for the same money

1 decade ago

This! ^^

1 decade ago

But to be fair, if I were MS I wouldn't accept Wii's either simply because they're not WORTH a hundred bucks. You can pick them up for under $70 now, easy.

1 decade ago

bought one for $30 refurbished + warranty w/ extra accessories. A WiiU would def. be worth it though.

1 decade ago

I would do this. If I'd ever seen a Microsoft Store in my entire life.

1 decade ago

Why trade when you can just win an XB1 like me! Man, that was so awesome.....got the e-mail I won it on Monday, and it arrives on Thursday for my birthday! Very weird too....

1 decade ago

Wut

1 decade ago

did it ask for a creditcard to prove you had access to the mailing address? do you not remember entering any xbone contests? was the guy who emailed you a chinaman with a russian typing accent who claimed to live in a place called "niggeria"

1 decade ago

made my day :D

1 decade ago

Bookmarking this to see what will happen ;P
Hope you didn't give too much personal info because its kinda weird indeed.

1 decade ago

where did you win it? keep us posted if you get it

1 decade ago

I won it from the Dew/Doritos giveaway thing that ended in mid Jan. I think I won the very last sweepstakes.
It was legit, it came, I gave no information to anyone (outside of that contest website for just my address). I was in awe when I read the e-mail and disturbed when it came on my b-day heh. The chances...

1 decade ago

cool :)

1 decade ago

I wouldn't trade in any console for anything, I already regret selling my PSone and PS2, then not buying PS3. I now own PS4 and would love to have all the previous Sony consoles and would keep them. I've nothing against Xbox but I never thought about owning one because it just didn't appeal to me.

1 decade ago

Who the hell wants a crapbox and trade in a decent console with games worth playing for it?

1 decade ago

my PS3 is more value than xbox one

1 decade ago

They obviously want to use the unlimited computing power of all those PS3 for nefarious deeds.

1 decade ago

I wud prefer sell Microsoft TO get a copy of free OS

1 decade ago

Lol, I wouldn't do that. The PS4 to me outshines the Xbox One by far.

1 decade ago

No piss off. Unless you have backwards compatibility I'm never getting rid of my xbox.

1 decade ago

XBOX One is 100$ more expensive than the PS4 ATM.

1 decade ago

Yes, so instead of giving away PS3 and getting XBone, you can keep the PS3 and get PS4 for the same amount :D

1 decade ago

Think I'll just buy a PS3, maybe even a PS4 with a Vita.

1 decade ago

So......since Xbox cost 100 dollars more...they want me to lose PS3 and get Xbox at same price as PS4?
How about this, Microsoft....I keep PS3...and buy PS4 that is 100 dollars cheaper...

is Microsoft really this stupid?

1 decade ago

Steam: HAHAHAHAHA! 100$ HAHAHAHAHA! Steam Sale HAHAHAHAHA!

1 decade ago

or buy a ps4 and keep ur ps3 AND save 100

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Argeus.