I haven't heard about this tool called Steam Spy until I read this article.

Besides what the article already says, some other things caught my attention.

First, the presence of Dishonored and Fallout: New Vegas in the top 10. Of course I can't be sure, but it seems certain the E3 had influence on that. Made people curious to know the series.

Also, How to Survive was up for $0.74. Even though it was really cheap, it's not a new game, and it still made 200k just on these sales, which is really good. Not even sure if it counts the Storm Warning Edition, which was up for 0.99!

What else do you guys think?

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Well... I'm impressed ARK did that much sales with -17% off, hope they can spend that money right since i'm planning to buy it in the future

8 years ago

I'm impressed that many games that were free, or others very mediocre titles still make thousands of dollars during sales.

8 years ago

I'm impressed that I'm not broke yet.

8 years ago

I'm impressed that Skyrim is still played by so many people... also euro truck simulator?! Ok^^

8 years ago

I don't get the Truck Simulators either, but some people just love them!

8 years ago

I don't think this tool is entirely accurate. While I don't know exactly the data limits Steam API will output, I doubt they give sale data directly. Most likely, this tool goes by recent activations and doesn't include stored gift copies. I'd say the numbers are lower than the real values.

8 years ago

Yeah, that's how I think it calculates revenue. If the numbers are lower than the real values, it gives you the assurance that at least that amount of money was made, which is enough for some things. And it means there was even more money made than it seems.

8 years ago

Oh, I guess one more thing it doesn't include is regional pricing. But I'm still really impressed with the ARK sales numbers!

8 years ago

Hmm... That's true... Then it would LOWER the amount of revenue made in that case (compared to some places) or INCREASE (compared to Europe, I guess) it. But at least it gives you an idea. :)

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.