SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Hello! SGTools writes me, what i'm not activate this game: NECROPOLIS: A Diabolical Dungeon Delve (http://store.steampowered.com/app/384490) but i'm activated this game already. What's wrong?

8 years ago

Release date was too vague "Summer 2016" so parser couldn't estimate a correct date, changed it to September 1th.
Thanks for the report!

8 years ago

No problem!

8 years ago

Hi,

Can I get some help fixing a multiple win? I contacted the SteamGifts staff and they said there's nothing I can do now because the giveaway creators don't reply to me. My only chance is contacting the SGTools staff, hopefully you can help me.

It was this DLC "War of the Roses: Kingmaker" the giveaways are http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/qlID0/war-of-the-roses-kingmaker and http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/4sbG9/war-of-the-roses-kingmaker as I said, the creators aren't replying so I can't ask for a re-roll

It's just this DLC that I won two times and I can't enter SGTools giveaways because of that, I think it's a bit unfair. Can you help me on this?

Thanks!

8 years ago

Now main question is why did you mark both received? As this is what is against rules...

8 years ago

I know, it was by mistake! Unfortunately I let time pass and now seems like the only solution is talking with the SGTools staff, that's what SteamGifts support told me to do.

I really hope this can be fixed

8 years ago

As Ekaros told you, that is indeed against the rules, so if a person creating a sgtools giveaway puts the "not multiple wins" flag, then you won't be able to enter.

There is nothing to be fixed actually, you are flagged because you indeed broke that rule. Leaving that aside, there are a lot of people who are not enforcing old multiple wins but that depends on each giveaway creator.

8 years ago

Hi. I got the message "You were caught trying to cheat the system or entering a sgtools protected giveaway without permission."
But I'm 100 % sure I did not entered any giveaways from links other than publicly posted here in discussions. Can I at least know which giveaway I entered was trough leaked link?

So I checked my last entered giveaways and found the giveaway were I was blacklisted by creator and found the thread from which I enered giveaway by passing sgtools check. I clearly remember passing that check so what happened here?

It would be nice if I could now access http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/dashboard take a screenshot and ask giveaway creator if that giveaway was the reason I was banned and why? Why banned users don't have access to that page? Or just show to banned user link to the giveaway and reason why you got banned so you weren't just guessing if you were banned by accident or some "friend" sent you the link.

Also I would suggest to add links to SteamGifts Tools | Report center (or FAQ from there) and SGTools general thread to http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/banned page instead of just showing "You were caught trying to cheat..." message.

8 years ago*

Banned message is temporal and should be worked on, but as you can guess it has low priority. Once strike system is in place, banned section will be more descriptive, sorry about that.

About your concrete case, you were banned for entering a the ball giveaway from a protected train, a really long one.

8 years ago

Yes, that what I thought it was. I was in fact so long, that this is the reason why I clearly remember that I 100% entered it trough sgtools check. So why I was banned? I'm sure that my entry must be logged in sgtools giveaways dashboard.

The message to not enter the giveaway was copied all the way trough the train and my account passes all requirements. I just don't get it. Even if I would joined trough leaked link why would I not just pass the check trough link that was in every giveaway?

8 years ago*

You are banned because you didn't pass through sgtools.

There is one entry at your name, but to the second gateway that leads to the still not finished giveaways, but not the big one that already ended. Why didn't you validate for the first part of the train and where did you get the url from? It's something that only you can answer.

8 years ago

He could have passed the second check, then rided the train backwards since links to previous giveaways were included. His entry in the giveaway for "The Ball" was a few hours after he passed the check.

8 years ago

Train was not separated? I thought they were two different trains altogether.

If that is like you said, then his ban should be lifted

8 years ago

Each and every individual giveaway page contains a clear notice that includes the SGTools main gate link.

Also the main post contains the same clear notice with the SGTools main gate link included.

8 years ago

Here is screenshot showing that I passed the check http://imgur.com/OYWdygs

8 years ago

But I clearly remember entering from http://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/lxCEA/sgtools-longest-sgtools-train-to-date-side-track-100-cars-ending-in-16-hours and going trough all 600 giveaway and then passing couple more checks in skyrim giveaway and going trough 200 more giveaways. There must be a mistake somewhere. Why would I not click on that check clicking trough it for HALF HOUR?

8 years ago

There was a mistake, if by passing the second train gateway you can reach the first train protected giveaways, then your entry is legit.

Sorry about that, you are now unbanned.

8 years ago

But I passed trough first link. http://imgur.com/OYWdygs There must be a bug somewhere. Maybe it has something to do whith the fact that I own the game that was in sgtools check?

8 years ago

Nop, you passed though second one, there is no bug in that part. There is no way to obtain the url without getting flagged as a valid entry on database, not even a race condition can do that.

8 years ago

that bad rats giveaway is the first check http://imgur.com/3U2TMiM I can see it in my dashboard, which I assume uses same database.

8 years ago*

And still you don't have a valid entry for that one. You have a valid entry for the second one.

8 years ago

Me again, sorry :D . So I just checked with this http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/0da3f8df-d993-11e5-83b1-04019cc0dc01 giveaway and you were correct, I was able to get a link from it even though it ended awhile ago which would make my entry invalid which would not be a problem, unless it is a train where some giveaways end later than others. So shouldn't sgtools just not give you a link in case like this to avoid any confusion about what is valid entry and what not.

8 years ago

Well usually trains end up all at the same time, so that is not a problem. In case of trouble by something like that, commenting it here or in private will solve the issue.

People wants to still get the url even if a giveaway finished, just to comment or read comments. Even for puzzles sometimes, so not giving it after protected GA finished would limit those cases, and trust me, are used a lot :)

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago*

Crazy Machines has done really weird stuff with their packages since the beginning, it's one of those games that don't appear on steam api.

But since when you won the games they were a different entry, it's something that steamgifts should fix.

8 years ago

It seems that SGTools filters remain active even after the linked giveaways end. This is actually very useful :-D

8 years ago

Yes, filters remains active :3

8 years ago

Hi,
I'm being flagged for unactivated wins or a private profile (neither of which I have) when I enter jesuswarjesus' South Park giveaway. I don't mind not being able to enter, but I certainly don't want to be flagged. Can you help me? :s

8 years ago

You synchronized when steam was down, just do a manual synchronization. Home -> Sync

8 years ago

I didn't know that it was down. Thanks for info! :)

8 years ago

I suddenly had a "You were caught trying to cheat the system or entering a sgtools protected giveaway without permission." and have no idea where this came from. I participated in checks and followed instructions on these checks, so I'm pretty sure I didn't circumvent a gate-check anywhere... is there any place on the dashboard where I can see where it happened? Or what I did? Bit unnerving to be told you cheated the system when you don't know where or what.

8 years ago

You joined a A Wild Catgirl Appears! giveaway without using any of the sgtools gateways that the big train had.

8 years ago

I see. Does refreshing act like skipping a gateway? Or going back or forward? As I have always used the gateway when they popped up, so I can't think where I would have missed it :-/

8 years ago

Well the giveaway had a clear note about being sgtools protected and a link to the gateway :\
An your name doesn't appear as a valid entry on any of the gateways for that huge train.

8 years ago

Oh I always follow the note about SGTool gateways, that is why I am confused on what train it was. I think I have only joined 2 trains? One was very very large. I know there was one recently that had a lot of games in it that already existed in my account so I skipped on to the next in line until there was one I was interested in and qualified for - does that do anything to the system?

What do I do about this ban? I've not done anything intentionally - and I can't even see the dashboard to see for myself where I could have missed a gateway, as I am still sure that I followed the gateways from the thread for the SGTools.

8 years ago

That trains is problematic because both gateways let you arrive at every part of the train, but they finish in different time.
You are brave to follow 600 giveaways to enter the "second" part of the train with the first gateway.

You are now unbanned, after manually checking dates.

8 years ago

Thank you very much :) I enjoy SGTools, and find it very useful to use with SG.

I will definitely pay attention to these long trains - don't want it to happen again!

8 years ago

Hello. I've been using SGTools as sort of a whitelist recruitment filter on this topic. It was very handy for it since I could keep that one giveaway as a check for valid entries to my list. However yesterday someone claimed that they did pass the filter but their name does not appear on the valid entries. Has it been changed recently that there can't be any more valid entries for passing the check after the giveaway has ended?

8 years ago

8 years ago

Yeah, I figured it might have something to do with that. I was hoping that people who passed the check after the giveaway ended, but did not enter the giveaway itself at any point, would still show up as valid entries on the list.

But if knsys says that this is just the way things are now, then I'll have to start thinking other ways of whitelist recruiting. Since obviously what I was doing with SGTools was not what it was made for, I can't really complain about it. I'm just glad that it worked like for as long as it did.

8 years ago

Hi. I got the message "You were caught trying to cheat the system or entering a sgtools protected giveaway without permission."
since the first time I use steamgift (reach USD100 doller)
is there anyway to fix it?

8 years ago

I think in your case, the first part of the sentence is what better describes your ban.
It's a direct permaban for trying to bypass the system.

8 years ago

Hello.
Steamgifts support redirect me here with my little problem:

I won the Binding of Isaac Complete, but suddenly sgtools thinks that I haven't activated the DLC. What should I do now?
I haven't own any of the DLCs prior to the giveaway.
Is it normal situation or it can be fixed manually?
Thanks!

8 years ago

Steam tends to not show dlc's as being owned by a user on steam api. That is completely normal and will not affect your status on SGTools.

It's a well known steam api "feature", that's why by default it appears hidden on sgtools result page, and in yellow. Real offenses are fully displayed and red colored :)

8 years ago

Okay thanks for the feedback.
Looks like my worries was in vain.

8 years ago

I need a sanity check on one of the rules I made for a GA train.

• Minimum Ratio for Real Sent/Won CV: 0.85
  • No maximum ratio for same.

I have an entrant in the train. Legit entry according to my dashboard.

Real sent CV: $191.10
Real won CV: $343

191/343 = .557

Am I misunderstanding? I'm not quite sure how this could pass the filter. It seems his sent CV should be a minimum of $291.55

8 years ago

Most probably he had the right CV when he qualified. Most probably bundled games that had full CV by that time.

8 years ago

I figured it out. Less than 11 hours before he joined my giveaway he won two non-bundled games worth $60 each (lucky sob). SGT might not have synced before he entered mine.

8 years ago

That is some extreme luck :3
Yeah SGTools uses 24hours cached calculations to avoid reparsing everything every time, usually it doesn't affect much and saves tons of time and petitions to steamgifts.

8 years ago

Hey,
I won Wolfenstein: The New Order a while ago and I activated it.
It is in my account as German Edition, but SGTools is showing it as not activated.

8 years ago

Thanks for the report! Added to equivalent table

8 years ago

[Suggestion]
Allow to check if a user has given away a certain game (I guess the check would be by AppID). It can filter gifters who gave away big games (and don't own them) or rare ones. I hope it's feasible because from what I can tell, and my own experience, a lot of active members make GAs for games they themselves want. An even better option will be to add them in a list, separated by spaces/lines.

If implemented I envision GAs like: If you given away one of the top 10 Community Wishlisted here's a chance to get one yourself! that's just one example.

8 years ago

Since SGTools doesn't store giveaway information, it's imposible to know that without reparsing every time.

8 years ago

how long does the cache last on this thing? it got my profile as private 2 days ago and it still says that i have unactivated wins or private profile

8 years ago

under "Home" there's a sync button, should help

8 years ago

well ok, thx, but does it really work? I tried it but it still says that there are unactivated wins or private profile

8 years ago

from my side everything is okay, dunno what ya mean
like your profile is clean to me

8 years ago

you need to change to public, disconnect on the top right corner, then login and then sync

8 years ago

Hi. I have a question. There is a jigsaw puzzle thread with a direct link to giveaway, which shows as sgtools protected. The owner says that it is meant to be protected, but he couldn't figure out how to do it properly: http://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/1AXIZ/nuclear-throne-jigsaw-puzzle-no-restrictions/search?page=2#0KhVWx3
I suppose the sgtools will register entries as "illegal" entries.
As I understand, you ban people if someone make a report. But do you take into account other "illegal" entries? If the strike system will ever be implemented, I would prefer not to get ban for nothing again.

8 years ago

I would like to know how many sgt protected giveaways you have entered (in the same way) between Dec 2015 - March 2016 before you write "...get ban for nothing again."

8 years ago

If I knew what kind of man you are, I would never enter any of your giveaways. And calling me a liar without knowing for sure is not the best thing you could do. In order to avoid such useless discussions from now I will ignore your tactless remarks. Have a nice day.

8 years ago

If I knew what kind of man you are, I would never enter any of your giveaways

.. blindly click on everything without checking the source isn't the smartest move !

And calling me a liar without knowing for sure is not the best thing you could do.

Where have i called you a liar ? Anyway,your behavior answered my question.

8 years ago

Don't worry, usually just one or two entries are marked as invalid on reported giveaways. So if someone reports a giveaway with tons of invalid entries, that alone makes it suspicious.

Apart from that, reports are manually checked :)

Summary, don't worry you'll be safe.

8 years ago

Howdy. It seems that this is the proper place for reporting my situation. If it not, I can delete and move as necessary. I attempted to access a GA through SG tools today and was greeted by this message

Banned
You were caught trying to cheat the system or entering a sgtools protected giveaway without permission.

While I can live without entering for a GA, it's my self worth that I value. I can personally attest to the fact that I have never attempted to bypass ANY GA, SG tools related or not, nor have I attempted to cheat the system in any way. Heck, I haven't cheated on anything except for a couple multiple choice answers on a test in early High School. I have never used a leaked link, nor in fact have I ever even seen a leaked link. I haven't enough time in my life to cheat if I wanted to right now and so it hurts a bit when I try and spend the little bit of time I have with the community and am unable to do so. Is it possible to double check your result? Or perhaps letting me know how/when the supposed infringement occurred? I am fine doing that in public here, or anywhere else as I have nothing to hide, but also am open to steam chat if you wish to do it privately or don't wish to clutter your thread.

8 years ago

You are right, you never cheated (at least sgtools). You've been unbanned, sorry for the inconvenience.

There was a huge train with several entry points that has given some false positives because of how was linked, but it's easy to check :)

8 years ago

Hello, i just got the issue that i described in this thread
Can you please check what's wrong with my account?

8 years ago

• You entered the giveaway at 10:33 (am) EST time
  • Giveaway ended at 14:30 (pm) EST time
  • Your entry at sgtools is at 16:32:15 (pm) EST time

If you can explain this time-traveling I'll unban you, otherwise ban is staying

8 years ago

I don't understand it either, don't even know which giveaway are you talking about
EDIT: Ok i understood which giveaway is, but how can my entry on sgtool be in the future? it's not yet 16:32 PM EST TIME even now

8 years ago*

You entered the giveaway at 10:33 (am) EST time
Your entry at sgtools is at 16:32:15 (pm) EST time

To me it looks like timezone problem when you were moving the server, it should be 10:32 for SGT entry.

8 years ago

We've passed for that some hours ago, check the other thread Archi :3

PS: And that is the problem in having it in separate threads :\

8 years ago

I also got banned from sgtools. I tried to enter a sgtools giveaway today and I saw this: Banned! You were caught trying to cheat the system or entering a sgtools protected giveaway without permission.
I'm neither stupid (I didn't click a leaked sgtools link), nor a liar (it's just a game giveaway - I wouldn't cheat just to participate somewhere because it sounds pretty pathetic to me). So, what may be the problem? I saw above that some other people have the same problem like me.

8 years ago

Υπάρχει περίπτωση κάποιος να σου έδωσε σκόπιμα κάποιο invite-only link και μετά να σε "έδωσε" ότι δεν πέρασες από το sgtools; Μήπως από κάποιο group ή forum; Εν τω μεταξύ κάποιος που είναι rule-breaker δεν έχει σε καμιά περίπτωση το δικό σου προφιλ, κάνει μπαμ το 62 προς 32, τι να λέμε.. :p

Βέβαιως όλο αυτό είναι σαν να ψάχνεις ψύλλους στ'άχυρα, καλύτερα να περιμένεις να σου πουν το λόγο του ban :/

8 years ago

Όχι, δεν υπάρχει περίπτωση. Και παίζει να βρήκα ποιανού ήταν το giveaway, επειδή σχολίασε σε ποιο giveaway είχα invalid entry. Και αν ήταν αυτουνού το giveaway, θυμάμαι ότι είχα διαβάσει το post του. Και εγώ έχω πάρει μέρος μόνο σε sgtools giveaways από original posters και ποτέ από comments ή steam chat, κλπ.
EDIT: True that! Με λένε και cheater, οι παλιάνθρωποι! :( ;P

8 years ago

:'( Για κοίτα αν ο τύπος αρχικά είχε ανοικτο invite-only και μετά το γύρισε σε sgtools. Κοίτα και πότε έκανες το entry σου, αν είσαι από τους πολύ πρώτους παίζει να σου την έκανε έτσι. Υπάρχει σχόλιο-αναφορά για σένα στο θέμα που λες;

Πάντως αν είναι λάθος συστημικό, ο knsys θα το διορθώσει ;)

8 years ago

Απλά, στο discussion post που έφτιαξα, λένε ότι δεν πέρασα το sgtools check ή ότι πρώτα μπήκα στο giveaway και μετά πέρασα το sgtools check. Τέλος πάντων, ούτε καν έχω καταλάβει.

8 years ago

Το είδα μόλις, μάλλον είναι θέμα διαφοράς ώρας όπως είπε ο archi . Περιμενε τον knsys! ;)

8 years ago

opFreeLucky

:B :B :B
Χαχα, περιμένω, don't worry. :P

8 years ago

• You entered the giveaway at 10:32 (am) EST time
  • Giveaway ended at 14:30 (pm) EST time
  • Your entry at sgtools is at 16:05:56 (pm) EST time

Same case as caroM, if you got an explanation for that, I'll gladly listen to it

8 years ago

Like what explanation do you expect? I can't magically travel through time. I entered the giveaway through the sgtools link. I didn't enter through a leaked link. I didn't know that I should take a picture whenever I use the sgtools link.

8 years ago

hello! I also got banned from sgtools. "You were caught trying to cheat the system or entering a sgtools protected giveaway without permission." But i'm not trying to cheat the system or entering a sgtools protected giveaway without permission. knsys please help me!

8 years ago

• You entered the giveaway at 22:43 (pm) EST time
  • Giveaway ended next day at 02:00 (am) EST time
  • Your entry at sgtools is next day at 04:41:47 (am) EST time

Same case as caroM, if you got an explanation for that, I'll gladly listen to it

8 years ago

I do not know how this could happen, but I believe this is an error on your site.

8 years ago

1. Entries after giveaway finish time are considered invalid

Click

I'd suggest to unban all people that were banned after change regarding invalid entries.

8 years ago

It's not a timezone problem

8 years ago

What then? :o

The issue is clearly there.

8 years ago

You sure it's just a coincidence that the sgtools entry and giveaway entry is 6 hours apart in all examples in this thread and that EST is GMT -5 and CET GMT +1?

8 years ago*

That's why I just rechecked before answering to people.

Right now I've chosen a giveaway that is nearly finished, I entered and got the response for server:

Current time: Tue Apr 5 10:30:16 EDT 2016
Giveaway ends: Today, 10:35am
My entry: Today, 10:29am

8 years ago

It just seems very odd to me that out of the 24 people that entered my giveaway in the final 6 hours on January 1st, 22 people are considered invalid entries (and the two who are not, already went through the sgtools page on 25th of december)..

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/KHfJw/crystals-of-time/entries
http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/608b49e5-aae9-11e5-b2c0-0663045ed9e8

Perhaps sgtools used to store the entry time based on local time? Or perhaps you're in EST and that's why you don't see anything odd?

8 years ago

There's no coincidence. It's the same time difference in every invalid entry. It's obviously a timezone problem or something. And there's the thing about changing hour twice a year. Is the site keeping that in mind? o.O

8 years ago

EST is GMT -5, not GMT +6.

8 years ago

Fixed, thanks ;-)

8 years ago

In the thread of TheLuckyShamrock, knsys wrote that it maybe because the old server in Germany saved time in GMT+1, and when he moved to a server in NY (EST), the old time stamps weren't converted, and caused a 6-hour difference.

8 years ago

That's also what I thought and told him back when he was moving servers, but he said that he got it covered, so... :3.

8 years ago

Yeah that's why I messed up with the time zones. I traveled a lot between The Netherlands and Washington DC and that's a 6 hour time difference but I forgot Netherlands is in GMT+1 ;-)

Well I'm sure it can be fixed retroactively!

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 8 years ago.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

8 years ago

Thanks. I just figured out and deleted it though lol.

8 years ago

I got banned too, why?

8 years ago

And you got unbanned :)

Same Victor Vran Giveaway with wrong timezone in it

8 years ago

Thank you so much :)

8 years ago

Umn, yeah...i made a mistake and gave a friend the key i won from this site as she really wanted a game i got from here...thanks to that, i got banned as i have 1 "unclaimed" reward. Am i banned forever now?

8 years ago

you still can buy the game for yourself
EDIT: also you are not directly banned from SGT, you just can't pass most of the tests since all of the require all of the wins activated

8 years ago

I wish i could reply to both of you...the game costs 10 euros and i dont have such cash for games...being a student sucks, regardless of it you are a PhD student or not...

8 years ago

wait for next sale/bundle

View attached image.
8 years ago

Check the trade section... I've seen Return to Mysterious Island 2 going for 5 cards.

8 years ago

buy the game or trade for it, then activate it on your account ... now you'll pass the check.

8 years ago

I just got banned as well, or at least I just noticed it... :( Any ideas why?

8 years ago

Same as other recent ones, unbanned and sorry for the mistake!

8 years ago

no problem my man! Thank you for the help my friend <3

8 years ago

8 years ago

Sure, you got hit by Victor Vran too and are inside the timezone timing window.

8 years ago

Thanks! I fix this problem.

8 years ago

I added you, knsys, regarding sg tools. It's important.

8 years ago

<3

8 years ago

Hi, knsys. I know you are very busy and probably not in the best of moods right now given "recent events." I just wanted to make a small suggestion for you to consider, to try to decrease the likelihood of future similar shitstorms like today's, and that's to tweak the wording of the "banned message." As written, it is quite accusatory ("caught trying to cheat the system"), and although I understand that in most cases the person viewing it will indeed be guilty, today's scenario at least affirms the possibility that there could be kinks in the system to work out, rare edge conditions or scenarios...bugs if you will. Nobody's infallible, and bug-free code written today can break tomorrow in subtle ways due to changes in a complex system. It's nice to present something like, "if you believe this to be in error, please [insert instructions]" kind of phrase.
I like and use SGTools. I think you've done great work. I hope you receive this suggestion in the manner it is intended. Cheers.

8 years ago

Yeah I totally agree with you, banning message and wording is provisional and must be reworded heavily. Apart it lacks any type of information that must be there in a decent system (why, when, etc).

Problem is my time is limited, and lately I'm extremely busy so I spend time in things that have higher priority than banned landing.

8 years ago

Understood-- maybe a quick fix is just to tone down the wording, then add the additional info "when time permits."

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.