SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Hello there! I have one problem that was brought by SGTools. It's a first time I am using these tools. Many thanks for creating and maintaining them!

When checking my account for non activated gifts, I get a message that game win for Sins of a Dark Age is not activated. However, when I check my "Gifts Won" list, I see this game, I see the key, marked as received. One more thing to mention, the giveaway for this game was my very first that I won, after I joined SteamGifts and it was won more than a year ago. So maybe I myself messed something up at that time?

Here is the link to the giveaway: http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/CFVrj/sins-of-a-dark-age

At the time of winning game was in Early Access stage. Eventually, game was released on Steam to be played for free. And now the game is removed from Steam completely. I know that I didn't find time to play it, because I was studying and also got overwhelmed by other games. Key is used and trying to redeem it gives "Duplicate key". Could it be possible that this game, going through Early Access and later stages, being free, yet not played, just vanished from my library on Steam?

What should I do to fix this?

8 years ago

I just took 5 another random members from the winners list and checked them, and they appear as having it activated, so the problem is not on steam api misreporting it.

SteamDB tells that there is only one game appId, so different region appid doesn't seem to be the case here.

Are you sure you have it activated? Even if the game is removed from steam, it's never removed from your owned games.

8 years ago

At that time I was in Denmark, now I am back in Lithuania but region shouldn't be too big of an issue. There are some games that were visible for me on Steam store and not in Lithuania.

It is entirely possible that I miss-activated the game. What I mean is, there was a time I forgot my Steam account password, so just created a new account and was logged in on it for a while. I will look into that.

But still... Since Steam shows that key is Duplicate upon trying to activate it again, it must have been redeemed somewhere and I can't get the game on my current account. Do you have any advice on what to do or who to contact?

Edit: SleepyCat gave answer what to do.

8 years ago

You never activated that game, so the site does not see it in your Steam account. If you want SGtools to stop reporting this non-activation you will have to obtain a Sins of a Dark Age key/gift and activate it to your account.

8 years ago

Thank you for answer, will try that.

8 years ago

Hey People,

Here's my story.

I activated with sgtools a while ago.

I've entered several gifts via sgtools but have always been sure to go through the sgtools check first.

Now I saw this giveaway in the Steamgifts forum - http://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/RepWl/birthday-trains-2-to-8 clicked on the giveaway and "Banned".

Can anyone provide any suggestions about how I can get the ban lifted / appealed?

8 years ago

Ban lifted

8 years ago

May I suggest putting something in the thread title like "contact SGTools Support here" or something to hopefully cut down on the creation of new threads asking SGTools related questions?

8 years ago

I'm banned and I did nothing wrong... any explanation?

8 years ago

Yep you did nothing wrong, old giveaway reported those days with timezone diference

8 years ago

and I'm still banned...

8 years ago

And unbanned, sorry for the delay, I thought I had already unbanned you

8 years ago

thanks

8 years ago

Hi, not so long ago i win this game, but now i can't check "Not activated Gifts" options. When i start make screenshots i find the problem, game have in my account, but missing in my browser, something really strange....
There is some screenshot:
http://puu.sh/o88fa/e6e63e4339.png
http://puu.sh/o88KC/d02c4f98a6.jpg
http://puu.sh/o88Gn/ee77b9d439.jpg
http://puu.sh/o88JB/92c5657ff3.jpg

8 years ago

Added to whitelist, thanks for the report!

8 years ago

Thanks for you help with it :)

8 years ago

From around two days when i try to enter sgtools protected giveaway i can't, because it's showing me that my account is flagged as having unactivated wins or my Steam profile is private. Non of this is true. Any help?

8 years ago

Are you sure Glass Wing is in your account?

8 years ago

Oh, i get it now. I played it and then delete it completely from my account. My fault :)

8 years ago

Is there a script method to redirect people to the SG Tools requirements page if they click on a leaked GA link?

8 years ago

There is a script that tells you if a private giveaway is sgtools protected, you have it in the main post of this thread.

Telling which protected giveaway it's something that the author should do by himself if he so wishes.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 8 years ago.

8 years ago

You entered a The kings crusade collection giveaway that ended 3 days ago without a valid sgtools link.

This one is not affected by the mistake detailed on the news part, as it's a new giveaway.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Seeing that there are some more RU invalid entries on that giveaway, my guess is that it was leaked to that (in)famous Russian board?

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

I asked personally to the creator if he has given the url to anyone privately or published elsewhere and he said no.
I won't ban him and unban you just because you say so, without any kind of proof.

A private giveaway out of nowhere if not given by the giveaway creator is always suspicious, but you can check that with SGTools Helper.

8 years ago

What about the timing of the ban?

8 years ago

Sorry, I don't quite understand you.

If you mean the duration, when the strike system kick in it'll most probably be 1 month.

8 years ago

Now this system is not?how long I will be a ban?

8 years ago

Permanent. No mercy for mistakes =)

8 years ago

knsys,

I have a question about my giveaway dashboard. There's a giveaway listed there that I couldn't have possibly entered because I owned the game as of 18 months before the giveaway was even created. I'm not talking about the user's SGTools rules or anything, I mean on SG itself it wouldn't have let me enter. Ideas?

8 years ago

You can get the url from a game you own on sgtools, if you try to enter the giveaway on sgtools, you won't be able (usually) because steamgifts will tell you that you already own the game. Of course there are exceptions to that, on games that steam api doesn't report as activated, but those are "few"

8 years ago

About a week ago I noticed I am banned from SGTools. From reading the forum it seems I'm not the only one.
Can you (knsys) please check why and when I got banned and if it's maybe a mistake?

greetings

8 years ago

Yep you were indeed affected, unbanned.

8 years ago

Thank you :)

8 years ago

There are some rare cases where some base steam games are not recognized as owned. This site uses a whitelist for not showing those games, if you find one please report it in the Official forum thread.

I won (and activated) the Red Orchestra 2 - Digital Deluxe Upgrade and the sgtools says I not activated this:

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad with Rising Storm

8 years ago

Added to whitelist, thanks for the report!

8 years ago

Thank you. But I still can not go into any giveaway because "unactivated wins" ...

8 years ago

You need to sync manually with SGtools.

8 years ago

Thanks o/

8 years ago

Hi,
let me tell you my little story : I won 2 giveaways from the same train, but before activate them, I went to the page to thank the creator, like every time. He blacklisted me...
I didn't understand, I passed the SGtool check, I bumped & thank the thread... I thought I did everything right...
So I decided to contact him : he said me I didn't pass the SGTool. He accepted to unblacklist me when I provided him a screenshot of my SGTool page that shows the URL. But now, I don't want to be banned for cheating SGTool, this is not my fault I think, so here all the info :

Thread : http://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/mN9hQ/bored-of-trains-heres-a-boat
Screenshot of my SGTool history :

And If there is a SG staff member here, I'm OK to reroll both wins.

If it can help to improve the "spyware" :) Thanks!

View attached image.
8 years ago

I'm investigating the issue, mysql messed up some TZ_CONVERT randomly yesterday when I was fixing recent timezone bug when checking 3 month+ old giveaways with recent data.

Support knows it and rerolls are stopped for those giveaways right now, so don't worry about it.

8 years ago

Thanks!

8 years ago

Hi, suddenly I have several invalid entries, but seems to be an error, I almost remember some of these were valid last time I check

8 years ago

I'm fine tuning the invalid entry for the timezone bug, it's now solved in theory but I'm interested on this anomaly.
Can you privately link me the sgtools giveaway id/url?

8 years ago

NV the update fixed it, if you still need URL tell me, thanks for your effort

8 years ago

Bump for news:

Problem with timezone when retro-banning people from 3 month old giveaways has been fixed. During a brief period of time during Europe night time there has been a low number of giveaways reporting invalid entries for valid users, thanks to a mariaDb derp when processing more than 500.000 giveaway entries. Those giveaways are now reporting them correctly again, so in case of doubt, double check them if you want.

8 years ago

Thank you for the update and the stats Knsys!

Those stats are interesting to see:

STATS (06/04/2016)
Number of users: 14.981
Number of users that are giveaway creators: 617
Number of banned: 112

8 years ago

How to report an invalid entry? Should I report the suspected leaker as well? :S

8 years ago

IIRC either message knsys or post in one of his old giveaways or this thread with the sgtools URL/SGT giveawayID . Might want to message him since you suspect the leaker. The report center is closed.

8 years ago*

Ah, thank you. First time I have to deal with this :( I think that issue was resolved, so I guess I'll just wait for the other thread to be reopened. Unfortunately I don't have enough prrof for the leaker.

8 years ago

:(

I would still say to voice your suspicions, maybe they'll take a note of it and watch out for commonalities in future leaks.

Edit: Also I swear that Archi said that he would be taking a break from modding for other reasons.

Edit2: found it

I don't like bans either, and I stopped banning people until I'm happy with the way how banning works.

8 years ago*

Ah, I see. Oh, well, at least I can blacklist them both.

8 years ago

You can report it directly to me :)

You can use an old giveaway of mine or add me to steam

8 years ago

Hi
Today I can't enter any new SGtool protected GA.
I always receive the same message that my profile is private or account is flagged as having unactivated wins.
Tried to clear cookies, resync profile without any effect.
Any ideas ?

8 years ago*

Resync profile here or on SGTools page? You have to do the second one - log with Steam account on SGTools page and go to Home->Synchronize. This should fix the issue.

8 years ago

Thaks for your help. II solved the problem a little earlier and forgot to edit my post .

8 years ago

Hello. I was banned from SGTools but I never tried cheating or entering on a protected giveaway without permission. I think someone may have post a link of a giveaway without saying it was protected with SGTools. Any support would be appreciated. Thank you.

8 years ago

You entered a Emily Wants To Play sgtools protected giveaway finishing on 24/12/2015 with a leaked url.

You got reported a little less than a month ago and the report seems valid (there is no record that you tried to get the url from sgtools).

8 years ago

I use to enter a lot of giveaways posted on other sytes that may have leaked the giveaway. I didn't have SGTools Giveaway Helper, but now I'm able to know whether the giveaway is protected or not. (No second chance?)

8 years ago

When the strike system kicks in, there will be second chances :3

8 years ago

Hi. I use SGtool to check Not activated Gifts on my account. It show Dementium II HD (February 18, 2016, 12:37pm) Games wins not activated.
http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/4cxFF/dementium-ii-hd
But I have received. Does anyone know what is the problem?

8 years ago

It's not an issue with SGtools because it doesn't appear in your account. Did you receive a copy of the game, either a gift or key? Maybe you should contact the giveaway creator of that giveaway to figure out what happened if you don't remember. Be sure to check your inventory too because it's easy to misclick to add to inventory instead of library. You have "Demented" on your account, maybe the giveaway creator mixed it up.

Also, you should make sure that you didn't win multiple copies of the same game either since that's against the rules. You can also check that with SGtools

8 years ago*

thanks. you are right. I forget active on my steam account.

8 years ago

You don't have the game activate on your account.

Dementium II HD is not a problematic game on steam api, just rechecked.

8 years ago

I forget active. Thnaks for reminding.

8 years ago

When I try to create a giveaway, it says Error: Not a giveaway URL

What I need to do?

It worked fine yesteday. :(

edit: Solution: I had to write http instead of https.

8 years ago*

Hugh, so steamgifts changed to https, I'll need to correct that, thanks for the report!

8 years ago

Giveaway with leaked entry: http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/4c548d0a-fc20-11e5-a85e-04019cc0dc01
One leaked entry, not provided by me.

Also, I believe I've identified the leaking party. If you wish that info, please add me or provide a secure comm method so that I can do so without calling out.

8 years ago

Whenever I try to go through a giveaway made with sgtools it says i have been flagged for unactivated wins or have a private profile, but i have a public profile and checked with sgtools itself and I have neither unactivated wins nor multiple wins of the same game

8 years ago

Have you already tried "Synchronize" from sgtools Home Dropdown menü ?

8 years ago

Thanks a lot, Didn't know that existed :)

8 years ago

*sorry, just figured out that posted in the wrong thread

8 years ago*

NEWS

Currently rebuilding giveaways table, so it's normal that during the process giveaways appears without any data, it'll correct itself when the giveaway table rebuild finish.

8 years ago

Thank you for the update! :]

8 years ago

Everything should be up and running now

8 years ago

I got some bug, some gibs have wrong times, but they should be same as others...

8 years ago

Most probably not related to today's changes, but the "created before starting" problem.
If they are yours, check valid entries and ending time should correct itself.

If you are sure that before the rebuild they were ok, drop me some links to check privately.

8 years ago

Now I have new issue(might be related to fix for the bug we talked about), mainly that new giveaways sort to end of the Finnished giveaway list. This is both for finnished giveaway and one that should be open...

8 years ago

+1

[SGTools] Final Fantasy IX,Stories: The Path of Destinies...more Detailed information and GA requirements...
[SGTools] Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen,Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition,The Banner Saga 2,No One But You,Barbie Dreamhouse Party Detailed information and GA requirements...
8 years ago

mmm I don't get what you mean, let's talk it on steam chat :)

8 years ago

Whatever you have done in the meantime:Thanks :)

8 years ago

since yesterday i can't pass the basic rules anymore.. it says: "Your account is flagged as having some unactivated wins of your profile is private"
but my profile isn't private and i already contacted support and they assured me that i don't have any unactivated wins

8 years ago

Home -> synchronize

8 years ago

ahh thanks :3

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.