Why would some people make 0.01CV ?? Just for annoying the guys who don't make giveaways?

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

For people who have given something away to the community however little?

9 years ago

+0.01

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

+0.000001

9 years ago

+1*10⁻¹³³⁷

9 years ago

9 years ago

+Pi

9 years ago

I also thinks its better to build community ... more 0,01 giveaways = more giveaways at all ...

9 years ago

And less people with 20 giveaways wins and nothing gived (I hope gived is a word in english ;) )

9 years ago

I think you meant "given," as in "I have given..."

9 years ago

yes

9 years ago

I think part of it is to make sure that the winner is someone who knows how things work on the site.

9 years ago

^ this is the main reason I set a CV requirement on giveaways.

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

this

9 years ago

+1 yeah it became a problem when that kind of people won the game and then did not respond. its a sore to my eyes that I've got '1 awaiting feedback" for half a year. so, i asked support to change it for me to as 'received' because there was a prove he got the game.

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

especially people who have just quickly signed up for the site and entered giveaways. The person might not even see/bother redeeming or might even be new to steam etc.

9 years ago

so leeches dont enter their giveaways.

9 years ago

i make my 2 giveaways after winning 6 times, so i was leecher?

9 years ago

Do you even have to ask bro? :v

9 years ago

Yes, yes you were. Unless you won them all in same day and gave away yours 2 days later :P

9 years ago

Impossible leeches cant type.

9 years ago

What's an Impossible leech?

9 years ago

Can't tell if joke or serious...

9 years ago

Can't I tease someone's grammar without being ridiculed ;_;

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

The term leeching is honestly pretty retarded.
This is a giveaway site, people (should) giveaway gifts because they want to give...

Edit: > I'd love to give this amazing game away to somebody who hasn't had the chance to play it yet, or cannot afford it!

I hope some loser doesn't enter this giveaway that I've spent my hard-earned treasure troves on! HA! WHAT PEASANTS, THEY SHOULD BOW TO ME!

What attitude do you have? Which do you think is the proper attitude to have while giving something away?

9 years ago

You have a good point. :)

9 years ago

As if there are only two possible extreme stances here.

People can be altruistic but still want their gift to go to someone at least mildly deserving in some way. It has nothing to do with wanting people to bow or praise you.

God some people go to such lengths to justify their leeching.

9 years ago

Indeed, you can't very well "leech" something that is given for free, by people who want to give something away for free.
But try to explain this to the internet loud mouths >_<

9 years ago

I don't think it's to that extent, but I personally believe that if you enjoy the games you win you should think about giving back. Sure if you join anything just to win and it's bundle games and whatnot that you don't even care about then that's a different story and an entirely different topic. But if you win let's say 3 games that you play about 5 hours each and you enjoy them, perhaps even enough to beat them, you should perhaps save some money, $5 goes a long way on steam or anywhere actually, and give back a good game that you believe someone else will enjoy the same way you enjoyed your wins. But I think the term "leech" goes to someone who only gives away things that aren't worth anything to them and they win a lot of giveaways BUT the thing that makes them the leech is that they continue to buy games for themselves without a thought of giving back

9 years ago

how can you leech a GA? lol

the whole point of making it CV is to have the option to give back to only those who have

the whole point of steam gifts is to GA games

when i joined i never saw anything that stated i must give back to use said site,or forever be a leech

a leech would be someone who takes without giving back,but in this case your not taking as you can not take nothing prior to winning

leeching would be like joining torrent and as soon as it is done downloading you move on to the next one without sharing back what you took

this whole leeching,time for the ban hammer and thanks for skyrim crap gets old

it is more annoying then anything because it just clogs up the forum with worthless replies and spam

but none the less you have a right to say and thin what you want

so keep on posting

9 years ago

Everything above.

9 years ago

the real question is, why would some people hate a certain race and/or belief?

9 years ago

Because of people of certain belief are evil and use that belief to do immoral things.

9 years ago

so the holocoast is justified? okay then.

9 years ago

The holocaust is as justified as the genocide of the Palestinians.

9 years ago

there will never be a world peace because of people like you.

9 years ago

It's usually a learned response in reaction to past, negative experiences, but sometimes it is simply blind following.

As for hate itself, it's a naturally occurring emotion. Too often, however, there is emotional transfer from the incident provoking the hatred to people or objects which may not necessarily be connected with the original stimulus. Allowing one's emotions to override one's reason is a very human error.

9 years ago

that's a great answer but i was just criticizing op for the profile names they used on steam. so it was a rhetorical question.

9 years ago

Is there any other reason for anything?!

9 years ago

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

5000.01 :)

9 years ago

OP has $6.99 CV, so $7.00 entry is good enough ;D

9 years ago

Let's make it double. How about $777.77?

9 years ago

666.66 is what I support!

9 years ago

:P I'm k with that

9 years ago

Yep, there's the real troll number.

9 years ago

In fact, I find 30.00 a troll number, coz I have 29.99 CV... Oh well, time for a giveaway, it seems.

9 years ago

+130

9 years ago

the guys who don't make giveaways should be deleted after 90 days, what happen to that site if no one is making a giveaway?

9 years ago

The whole point is to giveaway games to people who're less fortunate, if people could buy the games being given away for themselves...
Why the hell even have the site in the first place?

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

9 years ago

Adding to that, SteamGifts is a convenient dumping ground for unwanted games. "One man's garbage is another man's treasure," and all that.

9 years ago

To make their e-peens grow, no other reason.

Mine's big enough as is, I don't need to do CV giveaways. :P

9 years ago

Very well said, I agree! :D

9 years ago

9 years ago

Why would some people create such a meaningless thread ?? Just for they lack common sense?

9 years ago

to avoid shit like this

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

+69

9 years ago

I think I marked the person he gaveaway to as a HERETIC and they have not been heard from since. Not sure though, I'm starting to get up a backlog of HERETICS!

9 years ago

you're a wise dog, Colby <3

9 years ago

Exactly. Or you could look at it as rewarding contributors and encouraging people to keep the site going.

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

9 years ago

In my experience, making public giveaways with no CV will result in
1) Someone with no giveaways, no posts, no community interaction whatsoever winning
2) Not getting any thanks in response at all. Not a post in the giveaway, not a email reply, not a message on wall, not an IM, nothing.

9 years ago

that is not true all the GA i had that where public when i emailed i got a reply

and one even offered me a game in return for my GA

but i take the time in my e-mail to say thanks for entering enjoy your game and hope you win more and take care

i find that no matter if it is CV or Public or otherwise there are always ones that will not say thanks because they think it is over rated or whatever

none the less it is a little closed minded to think only those who enter public GA are not thankful

so maybe it is how you go about things is why i do not know

i have done Public,Private,Group,CV

so that all people have a chance to win as last time i checked this site was free to join and did not require you to be active to join a GA as long as they meet the base requirements

and maybe some can not give back because they do not have a lot of money or are young then again maybe they are cheap but still no reason to block out ones who may not always be able to give back

and maybe some are just here to take and not give but does not mean i am going to make every GA CV or other wise the whole point of the site is to give

it is suppose to be about giving nothing more and if entering a GA without giving back is greedy then how about every time you buy a lotto ticket you give back when you win??

9 years ago

I'm not saying that everyone does this, but this is purely just my experience. All of my no-CV public giveaways resulted in no response - also a lot of my forum private giveaways that had several hundred entries.

9 years ago

For people who don;t give back. Do you want to give things to people, who never gives back? 0.01 is nearly nothing really. Everyone can get that.

9 years ago

I could make my next giveaway $100.01 CV if you like?

9 years ago

Nah, just make it $7 even. lol

9 years ago

1000CV is the new 30.01 :P

9 years ago

You completely missed the joke... o_O

Check the OP's profile, then read my post again.

9 years ago

Please don't. :(

9 years ago

K I will make a $95.93 giveaway instead.

Also when did you get into Terry Pratchett?

9 years ago

Great. That's very kind of you. Thanks. I will tell the Emperor you are mean to me a.k.a. his biggest fan.

Like... 5 years ago? And 5 days for the avatar. :p

9 years ago

i'm pretty new to this community, but i think giving is the only reason you should ever get something in return and hey, if one doesn't gives anything he should be more than happy to even get the chance to get something^^
for example: i've entered a few giveaways and after that just started 3 giveaways on my own just because of the chances i got (and i didn't win something so far, but hey, after all it's just gambling)^^

9 years ago

YA RLY!

9 years ago

thanks for skyrim

9 years ago

Because they want to give away things to people who have given away at least a small gift to others themselves.

The better question is... Why make Contributor giveaways for people who've got a CV of $1,000+?
If the person in that situation truly wanted the game they could (usually) pretty easily buy it for themself, so long as they haven't fallen on hard times.
Unless of course entering the giveaway is in the spirit of Steamgifts, such as giveaways for Bad Rats or Fortix with super high Contributor Value required to enter.

9 years ago

oh, so what - because someone contributed more they don't deserve to win anything, because they can buy it themselves?

Please carefully reqad the description on any Contri GA. This is a thank you giveaway for contributors. - that pretty much explain the point of these Gs. There are plenty of public no-cv, forum events and puzzles GA accessible to anyone, but yet some people will still be bitching about not being able to enter everything, while they clearly deserve it more than people to whom GA is created to thank.

9 years ago

This pretty much needs to be posted on top and topic closed, thanks for playing...

9 years ago

When i put a 0.01CV it's to make sure the person who receives the gift knows how the website works.

9 years ago

" Why would some people make 0.01CV? "

Because they can... (:P)

9 years ago

To thank people who have given something away.

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.