Why would some people make 0.01CV ?? Just for annoying the guys who don't make giveaways?

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

analyze skillz over 9000.

9 years ago

i started to bc one of the very first winners of a giveaway of mine was a new member of steamgifts and wouldnt accept his gift at first, oddly (though he told me he did). then he didnt leave feedback, still hasnt. the idea (for me) is that those who contribute already know the ropes and are less likely to be a problem.

9 years ago

You're looking at this all wrong. I suspect most giveaways of this type ($0.01 CV) are to reward people who have given stuff away themselves.

While having a large CV figure may be out of most people's reach, and/or at odds with their life priorities, if you can afford a computer and enough Steam games to qualify for Steamgifts, through the magic of trading card sales alone, everyone should be able to give away something.

9 years ago

+1 CV

9 years ago

To the OP, because that means you at least gave SOMETHING back to the community so 100% total leeches don't get it.

And $0.01 isn't hard to get, just look at mine, and I personally spent zero in actual cash getting that. I actually got that using the tremor website and spent coins on it I got from there.

I personally go with the route of every time I win one, I post one.

Getting that isn't as hard as you think, even if you don't or can't spend real world cash, that is no excuse to be a pure mooch. If that is all you want to be, move on and find somewhere else to drag down.

9 years ago

One reason is because to avoid people who don't know they are doing to get the key... Really sucks to give it to somebody who doesn't mark the winning gift as received they will even block the guy that gave them the gift...

9 years ago

+1

and then wait and wait for support to do something about the ticket you opened.

9 years ago

totally, yeah, just to save time when giving away game :)

9 years ago

I made all my public giveaways with 0.01 CV. The main reason is simple: I want to give my copy to somebody, who contributed to the community, even he/she did a very little for the site. I don't want to punish the 0.00 CV. I want to reward anyone who was kind enough to give away a game. Or DLC. Or anything, literally.

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

You are aware that by doing so you don't give points to people, yes?

9 years ago

Ummm... you mean the points that everyone except the giveaway creator get when said creator makes a giveaway? Pretty sure what kind of giveaway was made is irrelevant in that case.
Or are you talking about something else which I didn't know about?

9 years ago

wut???????

9 years ago

It's in the FAQ, under "How can I increase my odds of winning or acquire more points faster". Now, it might be left from earlier, and not be true anymore. But as of right now, the FAQ still says it.

9 years ago

You necro'd this two weeks old thread to reply to your own comment...?

9 years ago

BURN THE NECRO!!!

9 years ago

Now that this horse has risen from the dead, care to beat the poor animal with me?

9 years ago

This.

9 years ago

Because they can.

9 years ago

Just for annoying the guys who don't make giveaways? // Pretty much this, yeah.

9 years ago

lol

9 years ago

because YES

9 years ago

Other possible reasons:

One explanation is that to be allowed to set contributor value you must have already done a giveaway and sent the game, so you're demonstrating that you know how the site works.

And there are plugins and apps that allow to ONLY see giveaways with contributor value.

9 years ago

Just make a giveaway, you moocher

9 years ago

Yes, that's the reason and I'm totally fine with this.

Also remember: it's all about karma, if you create a giveaway you can enter more giveaways.

9 years ago

0.01 is fine. The most annoying is x0.01 like 30.01. I also laugh when i see very cheap game and it says that its for contributors 1000$ just lol

9 years ago

30.01 has its reasons. It's to leave out anyone who has only contributed bundled games.

9 years ago

iam afraid this times are over soon.

9 years ago

To reward giving, however little.

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

9 years ago

isnt that great? MUAHHAHAHAHAHAH

9 years ago

It is a secret

9 years ago

yep. suffer

9 years ago

Greed and Vanity <3

9 years ago

9 years ago

It is to reward those who contribute - no matter how small. You may not have a lot of money but can still support give-ways in some small way.
This counts. this makes you a contributor. it also makes the games have value.
if all the games were "free" to join then I think that people would be more callous and more demanding.

9 years ago

Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks?

9 years ago

yes

9 years ago

Why do you even care for the reasons? This might just be to avoid, that the winner doesn't know how the site works.

9 years ago

People shouldn't ever be proud if taking advantage of the community without making any contribution.
0.1 cent shouldn't be that much, right?

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.