Which one should I buy for PC gaming? ;)

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I bought a wired one cause I don't like having to care about batteries.

1 decade ago

Bought wired, now wire is little broken so it doesn't always stay connected -.-

1 decade ago

How did you manage to ruin the wire on an xbox controller? I've had mine since 2 years after xbox came out... Wire is perfect out of the box condition. And I've moved with it and traveled... a lot.

1 decade ago

Also, in order to have a wireless XB360 controller work on your PC you need a specific adapter for it, because Microsoft decided to use radio signals instead of Bluetooth for it. Another reason I'm glad for my wired controller.

1 decade ago

2 months ago.

1 decade ago

Wired 'cause lack of batteries and I've always found they've responded more smoothly.

1 decade ago

I use the wireless because they are left over from my xbox days. I rarely have to charge them, maybe toss the batteries on there once every two weeks.

Inevitably, someone will come in here talking about latency. They are full of crap.

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

The only issue I had with wireless was the antenna receiver were crap and could go out at any time. There is a solder fix for it but I just said screw it and went with wired.

1 decade ago

Never had a problem with mine. Maybe send it in for replacement?

1 decade ago

ive never had this problem with mine either or even heard of this issue before

1 decade ago

This is a really first world thing to say, but if I had to charge any of my PC peripherals that often I think I would be really annoyed.

1 decade ago

I can't tell you much about the wired controller, but my wireless 360 pad works perfectly.
The battery life is fairly long, as well.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

1 decade ago

Also wired is easier/cheaper to actually connect to the computer

1 decade ago

You won't even feel 2 ms delay.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

1 decade ago

+1
2ms is unacceptable for rhythm games like DDR, it can be the difference betwteen a perfect and a great

1 decade ago

I have a wired one and it's just perfect. No batteries to worry about.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

1 decade ago

I have a wired one and I don't regret it.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 decade ago

Wired, easly. Less shit to deal with and more reliable. Plus, cheaper. Plus, the cable is pretty long anyway.

1 decade ago

Wired one, I am using it, no problem at all. Please keep in mind that if you want to buy wireless one you will be needing an extra adapter to connect the wireless receiver to USB port.

1 decade ago

On my wireless xbox controller, the dongle it connects to died out. I read it has a cheap fuse inside it that is known to blow out. I rarely even used it, maybe twice

1 decade ago

Get a dual shock 3. There is a program called MotionJoy which makes the computer thinks that the DS3 is an Xbox controller. This way you can play either wireless or wired. You won't need to worry about Batteries.

1 decade ago

+1
Got a used DS3 controller cheap and i love it.
The battery last long and if it runs out i can just plug the cable and play while it charges.

Thinking about getting a DS4 when the prices drop. The touchpad works as a mouse so it's great for because i like to be on my couch playing, watching movies/series and surfing the web.

1 decade ago

This is what I do, although I do get a bit mixed up on the buttons occasionally because I'm so used to the Playstation layout that when it says "Press Y" it takes a moment to register =/

1 decade ago

Definitely wired for me, I used to go through so many batteries that it was just the easiest choice, especially when I had to keep them charged by USB normally which kind of defeated the purpose. Although if you intend to have many players then wireless may be a better option as you won't have to have so many USB ports used up potentially.

1 decade ago

They're both great, it depends on your setup, if it's the only controller, wired is ok, but if your planning on buying more for playing with friends, then wireless would be better (less wire in your way ;).

1 decade ago

Wired all the way. I hate it when the batteries are empty while I'm still playing. .

1 decade ago

I have wireless for use from a couch and projector. If there's lag it isn't noticeable but I also don't ever play twitch movement games with it. Another bonus is I can use it downstairs with the projector or upstairs at my desk without worrying about plugs and stuff. 4 nice rechargeable batteries mean you don't have to worry about that.

1 decade ago

I use my PS3 controller with an xinput wrapper and every thing works perfectly. No battery to worry about and no wires to trip on.

1 decade ago

Wired, cheaper, no batteries, doesn't randomly drop connection.

1 decade ago

Wired, cheaper, no batteries, doesn't randomly drop connection.

1 decade ago

Wired. No hassle with batteries/adapters/transmitter or signal lag/disconnections.

1 decade ago

For my desktop I have a wired one. Cord doesn't get in the way then. For my laptop I have a wireless one, to prevent the cord from getting in the way, but leaving it plugged in all the time.

1 decade ago

wireless+xpadder+10m hdmi cable = pc gaming, media center, etc on my 42" tv(better than every other streaming solutions)

1 decade ago

The wired one is cheaper and doesn't require batteries. Unless you're so terribly coordinated that you're going to trip over the cord while sitting at the computer or you need a longer cord than the substantial length of the wired controller (I'd say it's 10ft?) then wired is the way to go.

1 decade ago

Honestly both are becoming a worse choice and the best may be to consider an Xbox One controller instead. The 360's wireless receiver is not sold separately other than third party knock offs and mine did stop working after a year. Wired controllers are also becoming harder to find as well. Either way, I have to order them online since no local stores seem to carry either.

The Xbox One controller seems to have resolved most of these issues and can be used as a wireless or wired controller without the need for a receiver from the looks of things. Haven't tried one myself, but I'm definitely planning on getting one when my wireless receiver goes out again.

1 decade ago

There's no support for XBox One controllers on PC so far.. only community drivers.
How would one use a wireless controller on their PC without a receiver ? Could you please explain that ?

1 decade ago

Most computers have wireless adapters and bluetooth these days. Also the Xbox One controller has a USB cable, as long as that cable can also send the data over, then it would work like a current wired controller.

1 decade ago

Most computers don't have bluetooth.. not even most laptops, also lan wireless can't be used for lan AND some other devices. You have to understand that the XBox One Controller will need to be used as a wired controller unless they come up with some wireless adapter for it and that's only once they come up with the proper drivers.

1 decade ago

That's really fine by me. The issue I have is that I can't easily buy a wired 360 controller in store or a wireless controller for windows any longer and if my current controller goes out I have to order from amazon and go without a controller until it arrives. The reason why the Xbox One controller looks enticing is because it can work as wireless and wired so it should work like a wired controller does and is currently being sold and can be replaced by going to any store that sells games. So I could go to Walmart if needed at 3AM and replace the controller. I can't do that with a wired 360 or the wireless 360 controller for windows. Plus the Xbox One controller appears to be superior in other ways as well.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by CarlEric.