Just noticed this. Its a pretty good deal if you dont mind using uplay :)
(Store credit is only valid for 7 days! You get the promo code on sept 7th)

link

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Good deal?

View Results
YEAHH!
Uplay -.-
Meh
Nope
Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

6 years ago

Yeah i know, but what i mean is that some people (me xD) prefer to own games on steam. If i own games on origin or uplay i tend to play them a lot less + i like to track hours on my steam profile.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

6 years ago

not to mention, even if those titles on Steam come with the Uplay client, they still update via Steam, so I can actually play and don't have to download 2000 GB of updates when I want to play them.

6 years ago

This is really a great deal if you don't mind having the game not on steam.

6 years ago

Yeah, you can almost get the season pass for free with it :)

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

what you meen with Uplay -.- ?
is bad or what ?

6 years ago

No, steam launches the game through uplay too so its basically the same. You just dont have it on your steamprofile.

6 years ago

the store credit only stays valid for 7 days so make sure you spend it quickly :)

6 years ago

I forgot to add it to the post :) will do! thanks!

6 years ago

It was 20 Eur in some Steam sale (maybe at summer), and it was for STEAM..

6 years ago

True. I got it for 19.99 on steam but the past half year or so it has been -40% on steam :( Ubi is copying bethesda xD

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago

Good deal?
It's pretty much free!
For a UPlay user.

6 years ago

Only in the circumstance that you were planning on buying anything else for € 23,99 or more and from Uplay during this 7-day period could this be considered free

6 years ago

But keep in mind that you only have 7 days to spend the 23.99€ on uplay again.

6 years ago

you have only 7 days after the 7th september, so there won't be sales during that period, pretty much useless

6 years ago

You can get the season pass for 6 euros which is a pretty good deal imo + there is a sale right now on uplay.

6 years ago

The question is how long the ongoing Gamescom sale http://store.ubi.com/de/deals lasts. After that, there probably wont be any nice discounts, eh?

6 years ago

yeah, that's the problem

6 years ago

The wording is strange too.
"The store credit can be used on any game (excluding pre purchase games) sold on the Ubisoft store during a 7 days period from the date of receipt of the email, ending on Sept 14th at 11:59pm PST. It is a one-time use only code and no balance of unspent credit can be used on future purchases."

So it doesn't sound as if you can use it on multiple titles. Makes the deal more of a BOGO.

6 years ago

I think you can use it on multiple titles, as long as you buy them at the same time.

6 years ago

Amazing deal! Guess I'll be picking up R6 on Uplay then. Anyone know if you can topup additional cash on top of the credit for the other game? (Either Division Gold Edition or Wildlands)

6 years ago

It sounds like it is a code which you can enter at checkout, so you can probably add some cash :)

6 years ago

Already own it, rip

6 years ago

The real question is: what else do they sell that could be worth this money?
If you have nothing else to buy it's not a deal, merely a donation.

6 years ago

Far Cry 1, 2, and 3 is $20. Or you could get For Honor + R6S for $30.

6 years ago

In the end it's just games that also exist on Steam, and largely games not worth their money. I mean the only other good game they have (good for coop anyway) is Wildlands.

Ancient Far Cry games are too ancient to pay that kinda money for them. I'm aware it's virtual money, but...

6 years ago

Or you can get the season pass for €6 :)

6 years ago

Can i buy another copy of rainbow siege and give it to my friend ?

6 years ago

if this deal is up after or until the 7th of september sure

6 years ago

Store credit will be in the form of a promo code that will be sent via email on September 7th. The store credit can be used on any item sold on Ubisoft Store during a 7 days period from the date of receipt of the email.

I don't think you will be able to buy it for that cheap after promotion ends and you get the code, so nope. :)

6 years ago

probably yes and get another credit :D but uplay has no gifting options

6 years ago

I love their way of letting you think that it's free. You get 24EUR back but then again, you will have to buy full-priced game within 7 days in order to use it, which means those cheaper keys bought elsewhere (resellers) would become cheaper in the end if you bought both games from third party.

6 years ago

If you want to play RB 6 Siege it's worth it because later you can use said code to get season 2 for dirt cheap and save all that time grinding out operators and such.If I get this deal I will use the 24 credit to get Watch Dogs 2 season pass.

Also if you have 100 Uplay Units you can get another 20% off a purchase which would make RB6 20.00.I'm not sure you can also combine that with the credit if you have another 100 Units.If you don't mind just using Uplay.

I don't because Steam ends up being a half ass glorified launcher and you can't even add friend's using stream or join games directly within steam.So all you get are stupid cards, over lay and hours counted though really if your hour's count really matters maybe it's time to rethink your hobby.I do get why peopel want it on Steam though for keeping things all in one place but in the end you need two clients to run one game and twice the mess imo.

It took me a bit to figure out how to add friends using Uplay and so on and in the end, I said no more games on Steam that use Uplay it just too much of a mess I can add it as a nonsteam game and get all the same stuff minus the hours long.

I guess you cant use the 20% off on this well good to know that pretty much 20% off is worthless only good on full price and no pre-order I assume since It would not apply the code to the sale price.

6 years ago*

I never spent money on Uplay. So i'll pass. :)

6 years ago

Brazilian Users:

*Se você comprar Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege "Edição Standard", "Gold Edition do Ano 2" ou "Edição Completa", você receberá $48 em créditos na loja para sua próxima compra. Créditos na loja estarão na forma de um código promocional, que será enviado por e-mail, em 7 de setembro. Eles podem ser usados em qualquer jogo (excluindo reservas de jogos) vendidos na loja Ubisoft, durante um período de 7 dias da data do recebimento do e-mail, terminando em 14 de setembro, às 11:59pm PST. É um código de uso único e o saldo que não for utilizado, não poderá ser usado em compras futuras.

You will get the R$ 48 (not dollars I must say) only in 07/09/2017 that will be valid til 14/09/2017.
I must warn this is probably a (master) fraud because there were no promo between 07/09/2016 and 14/09/2016.
This year won't be different. Probably there will be no promo between coupon distribution and coupon expire.
So, be ready to get R$ 48 discount to use in full price uplay games.

Edit.:
As I thought. No. fucking. promo. at. all.
Uplay: Extortion at its best. :D

6 years ago*

If you purchase Rainbow Six Siege “Standard”, “Year 2 Gold edition” or “Complete Edition”, you will receive $24 in store credit for your next purchase. Store credit will be in the form of a promo code that will be sent via email on September 7th. The store credit can be used on any game (excluding pre purchase games) sold on the Ubisoft store during a 7 days period from the date of receipt of the email, ending on Sept 14th at 11:59pm PST. It is a one-time use only code and no balance of unspent credit can be used on future purchases.

6 years ago

I still don't quite understand, if the game I want to purchase is, say, 30 Euros, would I be able to pay the difference (6 Euros) with Paypal?

And based from their explanation is that the store credit/coupon does expire, so kind of reluctant on top of other things.

6 years ago

The credit will allow you to pay the difference so if you buy season pass 2 for 29.99 you can pay them 6.00 with PP or any other form of payment they accept the credit will deduct 24.00 from the purchase but will not carry over if you buy something for 20.00 you will not get 4.00 left it will use it all at once no matter the price.

So if you want to get the standard game now and use the credit later for season pass which is the best deal then yes you can pay the difference in PP or another form of payment they accept at the time.

6 years ago*

Interesting that they don't use real gameplay screenshots or videos to advertise on that page.

Excellent game, though, and that's a great deal for those who don't have the game yet (I do :)).

6 years ago

I don't mind the client unlike most people seem to oppose (although I often worded my intent wrongly). Their uPlay client is actually slick and pretty fast, although downloading can be slow at times even when I'm using my best connection.

The problem is I don't want to buy using USD/Euro when I have great main store ready with my IDR purchases aka Gaben's Store. They have everything uPlay has, so no point for me buying directly from uPlay with inflated prices.

And of course I prefer my games to be on Steam/Bnet. So yeah, there.

6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by vleker.