Still working on it... But I think I got an idea on how to do this. I think, not sure considering that my brain is half frazzled already.
Comment has been collapsed.
As a foreigner I dont understand your straight forward post. This whole thing is way too technical for me, if I check wikipedia there are so many strange words I can't be bothered to read it all.
Comment has been collapsed.
Do I have the game in the giveaway too? please say yes and I can give up after 8 hours of sleep deprived work... oh God I have to go to work in an hour.... :(
Comment has been collapsed.
regional restrictions prevent the game from being displayed when I search for it :) Your hint, however, reminded me of what it was. :) once the giveaway is over, please share how we were to solve it :) I am dying to know.
Comment has been collapsed.
Interesting, too many of them and no time to do em.
Comment has been collapsed.
Finding out what game it is was really easy took me a few seconds.
Comment has been collapsed.
Google and Wiki has helped ) At first I tried to brutefoce combination, but then... http://i.imgur.com/0Y1jm.jpg
We need more puzzles like this one. Its much better than "ban x" or "I can't win" discussions >.<
Comment has been collapsed.
Nice one Peach! I loved it. I did manage to find the paper but didn't think there would be a wiki article on the algorithm in the paper (should have thought of that)... Thanks for posting the sol.
Comment has been collapsed.
uhm.. I.. feel.. dumb!
WTF? I didn't understand one word :D
Comment has been collapsed.
48 Comments - Last post 10 minutes ago by Khodyrov
105 Comments - Last post 12 minutes ago by madjoki
1,928 Comments - Last post 28 minutes ago by drschnell
33 Comments - Last post 1 hour ago by gudetama1
163 Comments - Last post 2 hours ago by Foxhack
7 Comments - Last post 6 hours ago by skycycle
49 Comments - Last post 11 hours ago by Bababuuey
87 Comments - Last post 2 minutes ago by fedordolohov
33,115 Comments - Last post 7 minutes ago by DevilSharjeel
37 Comments - Last post 8 minutes ago by IbetheTOP
61 Comments - Last post 8 minutes ago by DevilSharjeel
1,900 Comments - Last post 14 minutes ago by GraVe23
114 Comments - Last post 23 minutes ago by wigglenose
7,782 Comments - Last post 42 minutes ago by Oppenh4imer
I like all of these puzzles people are putting up so here's one from me! A little work is involved, but Google and Wikipedia would definitely help! Good luck!
SRC-RR-124
@fz5va
44320
Start 1312171200
End 1312257600
Solution:
SRC-RR-124 (Reference to the original paper for the Burrows–Wheeler transform (BWT) algorithm I used)
@fz5va (The 5-character + marker string to be decoded using the example on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burrows%E2%80%93Wheeler_transform)
44320 (Steam App ID for DiRT 3)
Start 1312171200 (Unix timestamps for the Start and End times)
End 1312257600
Alternatively, you could also brute-force all 5! = 120 possible permutations of fz5va and try them all.
Walkthrough: http://privatepaste.com/5f2601c095
Comment has been collapsed.