I have this giveaway Here with some restrictions, it's been up for about a week. In that week 8 people joined but I know by checking the profiles that only one truly fits my target audience, I blacklisted the other 7. Now I want to either delete this giveaway or make it public but I haven't heard back from support. I don't really care about CV but I do care about honesty. My point is I don't want to give away games to bots, I do want to give away games to people that really want my game. Now my question is "how can I make sure bots don't join my giveaway?"

Don't be sad if you couldn't join the previous giveaway and click Here.

7 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Rap album of the year 2016

View Results
De La Soul - And the anonymous nobody
A Tribe Called Quest - We got it from Here... Thank You 4 Your service

sgtools perhaps? or by simple creating a puzzle, i doubt any bot can solve puzzle and join gib automatically xD

7 years ago

dont underestimate ArchiBot

7 years ago

Now I want to either delete this giveaway or make it public but I haven't heard back from support.

I can't view the giveaway because I'm not a member of the required group(s), but special rules and requirements aren't allowed for rerolls so support won't help you. However, you can delete a giveaway if it hasn't ended yet. You'll lose a slot, of course.

7 years ago

You better just delete the giveaway (no need for support for that, since it didn't end yet).
If you want to avoid bots, I guess make your own group/whitelist and add only whoever meets your criteria (I'm not sure how you determined the other users were bots? They didn't the description? Or it's unrelated?)

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

7 years ago

Happy cake day! :)

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

7 years ago

well since im whitelisted by u, I guess the majority of them had a bad give/receive ratio...
Who are your target audience? Personally i dont really care who enters my GA, its the winners that I check

7 years ago

The people from that group. I don't know if you can see which group this giveaway is for, but it's a group from my country then I check where these people are from and they are from other parts of the world. Whitelisted can enter of course but some of these people are part of 500+ steam groups. When 7 out of 8 are ppl that don't really live here then what's the point of doing a giveaway for my country?

7 years ago

is your group membership invite only? if it isnt, u should make it so if it bothers u that people from everywhere is joining it.
but if it already is, just kick them out.

7 years ago

Some local named groups on Steam (not founded only for Steamgifts) were involved in mass giveaways (Gleam.io etc.), thus they're having members from all over the world (e.g Jogos do brazil). You could use the regional restriction to further narrow it.

7 years ago

You can set the giveaway have region requirement. Even your gift are worldwide.

7 years ago

Yeah but I can't my country isn't listed on there.

7 years ago

how can I make sure bots don't join my giveaway?

direct gift it to someone that you know would truly play it and completely cut steamgifts.com out of the equation since you additionally stated you don't care about the CV.

7 years ago

I don't see any actual written restrictions in the description there.
If you mean you don't want people with a specific sent/gift ratio range or some other similar user statistic, then your only hope is pretty much SGTools or whitelist-only.

7 years ago

Bump !

7 years ago

Bump ( I guess I should have read the rest of this thread before I asked my question in the new giveaway... D'oh!).

7 years ago

Bump! I guess, if you want to limit people based on ratio, then sgtools would be your best option here.

7 years ago

Bump!

7 years ago

I will delete it.

7 years ago

Bump!

7 years ago

B00mp