While I knew I was approaching 4000 games, I didn't realise how close I was until today when I was told I have 3999 games currently in my Steam library. I enjoy celebrating these milestones sometimes, but haven't quite decided what to buy or activate for number 4000 yet. It's kind of a personal thing, but suggestions are welcome. :) I have decided, however, that I'd like game 4089 to be 4089.

Along the same lines, I figured this would be a suitably ridiculous idea for a giveaway!

The prizes:
140 (won by hotshot21)

The rules:
To win, you must be the first person to reply who meets the following criteria:

1:Have 1 game less in your Steam library (according to the counter on your profile page) than the number in the game's title.
For example, to win '140', you must have exactly 139 games.
2:Don't already own the game.
3:Agree to add the game to your library (strictly speaking I can't force this, but hopefully I can trust whoever wins :) )

Note that I'll judge your game count by going to your profile page (screenshots won't count) and you must have the correct number of games at the time I read your post and the time I give you the key, so please don't buy/activate any more games until you've received your prize.

Deadline:
I'm expecting '140' to go quickly, but the other two games might be more difficult to find a winner for. Just in case it drags on, the deadline for this is 22:00 GMT on 21/11/2015, roughly 48 hours from now. If there's no winner for any of the above games by that point, then I'll give them away in a different way.

(Technically 3089's full title on Steam is "3089 -- Futuristic Action RPG", but it's close enough.)

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Don't know what it is all about...
Okay, I get it but don't meet the criteria nor games are on my wishlist :)

8 years ago

aw im have 172 games in library _
bump

8 years ago

There's still time to quickly add 1676 games to your account and win! :D Thanks for the bump. I'll probably do another giveaway after this is done, since this one's a bit too specific for most people to take part in.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

8 years ago

Yeah, should be interesting. I was thinking of doing some kind of "finder's fee" (if you help to find someone eligible, then you would also win a game) but I wasn't sure how well that would work, or what would be a suitable prize. If there's no winners by the deadline then I'll work on that.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

8 years ago

Found an 1850 in my friends list, but otherwise, nothing closer than 125, 17xx and 27xx without going over.

8 years ago

i have 149 right now but considering i have 2 free to play game the number it's 147 in reality.

and if we consider that "expansions games counting like 1 then i have..... let me count..."
139 games in total if that's enough for you :).

8 years ago

It's a nice try, but unfortunately only the count on your profile (which is currently 147) counts.

8 years ago

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :( well at least i'm the nearest xD maybe you change the 140 requeriment for the nearest?? :P

8 years ago

i have too many to get only game 1849 i don't have... like 824 too many :(

8 years ago

I have 883 games

8 years ago

303 here

8 years ago

Congratulations and bump.

8 years ago

I really like the idea. But there are also bundle games with 123 199, 300, 500, 1000, 1942, 1953 and 1954 in it. Maybe I gotta snatch your idea for further usage. =:>

8 years ago

I was focusing on games which are just numbers (or, in 3089's case, where the stuff apart from the number isn't really part of the game's title), but was also considering expanding it for future use like you say. Ideas are free, feel free to use it. :)

8 years ago

Whooooat, ideas are free?! You surely didn't met a lot of copyrightists in your life. =:D
Thanks, nevertheless. =:)

8 years ago

I've never quite understood the difference between the profile count and the library count.

My profile count = 141

Library tab = 139

Maybe certain DLC packs are counted on the profile as separate?

8 years ago

ah I have 3098.. almost made it :D

8 years ago

lol you actually do D:

8 years ago

Wow a lot of people have a ton of games! Here I was thinking that i had a bunch of games at 89.

8 years ago

You do have a bunch of games! I have just 66! :p

8 years ago

Why didn't you gift 10000000?

I've got 9999999 games on my account... :(

8 years ago

Yeah, I noticed that one too. :D I don't have any spare keys for 10000000, but if I do this event in future, that'd be an ideal finder's fee prize - it fits the theme, it's cheap enough that I could stock up on a few copies, and it's a great game that I genuinely recommend.

8 years ago

Hahahaha, if only there were as many games on steam... xD
Nice event, by the way, I'm not eligible for any of the games, but thank you anyways, ;)

8 years ago

Library = 140 Games
Profile = 141 Games

I feel sorry for the people just over the requirements, as you can't do anything about it. Ah well. Good luck to the others who may be close, or hit the requirement.

8 years ago

I have 139 games :)
http://prntscr.com/94upq3

8 years ago

Looks like we have our first winner! I'll add you on Steam in a moment - remember not to buy/activate any more games before you receive your prize. :)

8 years ago

Thanks for 140!

8 years ago

Unfortunately I don't meet the criteria, but congratz on reaching 4000 games, it's quite the milestone:) Have a bump!

8 years ago

F**k I'm in the middle of 2nd and 3rd :D

8 years ago

207 games to go... Not going to get that many ;D

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

Bumping for just under 24 hours to go. 1849 and 3089 still available.

8 years ago

Another bump, just over 6 hours to go. Also, here's something for everyone (who's level 1+ and doesn't already own Uplink, so I'm guessing that's about 3 people)

8 years ago

Final bump for 2 hours left. If nobody wins the other two games then I'll probably just hold on to them for now and do something like this again in the future, but with a wider range of games-with-numbers.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.