Seriously, is it only me, or giveaways have their own spirit?
Sometime it is some humble attack and later on GRID floods the screen? :-)

Thanks to all people that submit a giveaway, of course. Just thought to hear you opinion:-)

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

maybe cuz it's for charity and it makes people feel warm inside

1 decade ago

This. I'll gift what I want and can afford, thanks. If someone dislikes seeing a flood of a certain game, then they can find something else and gift it themselves.

1 decade ago

Unclench and breathe.

1 decade ago

i was born without opinions

1 decade ago

That's an opinion!

1 decade ago

no it's a fact

1 decade ago

No, it's based on the opinion of the definition of opinion.

1 decade ago

Only Sith's deal in absolutes.

1 decade ago

Do or do not. There is no try.

1 decade ago

i love pfk

1 decade ago

pf chang

1 decade ago

It has to do with the daily deal / midweek madness obviously.

1 decade ago

Indeed. Cheaper price, than there''s going to be a flood.

1 decade ago

I can't believe people are actually so generous. They buy the deal and give it away?
Wow, high quality!

1 decade ago

people buy what's on sale and give it anyway. I don't mind, i'd like one, it looks great.

1 decade ago

yep, there will always be more games given away, which were on sale recently, which is kinda obvious and I mean, I don't buy undiscounted games for myself and neither do I for give-aways

1 decade ago

Yup. The Steam games I only bought 1 game at 50% discount, rest I have been buying at 66% or more.
I bought several games during summer sale that I sent to myself just incase I decide to give it away later instead.

1 decade ago

I bought Dark Messiah Might and Magic at full price to giveaway, just because I was sick of seeing so many bogus ones lol, and felt people needed a chance to win the real game.

One of the few times I've bought a game at full price on Steam. Another was Lego Harry Potter... lol

1 decade ago

I look at it as this(using GRID as an example): It's on sale and there are quite a number of people who might not have the game due to not having the funds for it. By having the wealth of copies available in the giveaways, some of those people will get a chance to get it. There is also the fact that proceeds of the sale go towards charity. So in a way, it's a win for the charities and those lucky ducks who win a copy.

But I won't lie... To see a wider selection would be nice though I appreciate the ones who are giving the games away.

1 decade ago

but the advantage of having 99% Portal and Half-life is....my points would actually stay above 30, lol.

1 decade ago

Lol, so would mine. But my points are slowly being chipped away by those rare Cthulhu Saves the World/Breath of Death giveaways. xD

1 decade ago

More this specific game, and not to knock the people giving them, but didn't they take the multiplayer servers for Grid offline? I was surprised to see it featured in a Midweek Madness.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by ManiacB.