On Amazon US the base games are $2.49 (£1.49) atm, I think they're the cheapest I've ever seen them. But they're only for US residents only :(
Is there any legal way to get the same deal from UK?

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Same prices over at GMG. Have you looked there?

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

9 years ago

there is a 20% voucher that works with any price purchase. Or at least it did with FallOut NVEU and thats in NA, I think they have Aussie codes, not sure abou8t EU etc.

9 years ago

That voucher works only if you buy smth for at least 10 smth. Like 10 usd/eur/gbp etc

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

9 years ago

£2.49 atm,maybe £1.99 with discount code?

9 years ago

You discovered the water.

9 years ago

thank you for sharing your opinion

9 years ago

I bought Fallout 3 GotY for less than 2.49€(2.21€ exactly suing a discount code) from Ubishop, Steam key, Fallout New Vegas was at similar price, but I didn't got it, seems now they only go for like 6,8€ the GotY, to buy from Amazon.com you need a US address, just Google one.

9 years ago

ok thx!

9 years ago

GMG has them for $2.49 as well, just use a proxy.

9 years ago

Is easier using a US address for Amazon than proxy for GMG, using proxies may give you problems while paying.

9 years ago

good to know it's that simple, I guess it's been tried and tested so I'll try a us address and pay with paypal :)

9 years ago

You can't pay with Paypal there's only Credit Card, for Paypal use http://www.nuuvem.com.br/ you also need a Brazilian address here., Fallout 3 GotY is just 4.3€ here and New Vegas UE too, just base game is even cheaper.

9 years ago

Thanks for the heads up!

9 years ago

You don't need brazilian address for nuuvem ;)

9 years ago

Is weird but not long time ago my friend was buying there and needed one. But I didn't bought lately there.

9 years ago

i can perfectly buy with my Latvian address ;)

9 years ago

Paypal can lock (temporarily) your account if you're using a VPN, they say it's against their rules. It happened to me once.

9 years ago

Reminder: If you think that one day you will want the DLCs for any of the games from Bethesda, do NOT fall in the trap of buying at low price the base game, you will regret when you'll realise that any DLCs are more expensive than the base game, even at 50% (which is the best reduction you can expect for a DLC from Bethesda)

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

Agree, is better to look for the goty/complete editions for those games, it will save some money (and the DLCs are quite good).

9 years ago

+1, I bought Skyrim when it was released, and couldn't afford the DLC at the time they were released... I ended buying the Legendary Edition because it was cheaper than the DLCs themselves... So basically, if you have the chance to get a GOTY edition, don't even bother with the base game...

9 years ago

Good point. I decided to wait to get the GOTY/ultimate editions, not right now. Thanks for the recommendation :)

9 years ago

Just use a US address it's simple

9 years ago

thanks, never done before so I didn't know

9 years ago

Put in any US address as your billing address (i.e. a Hotel/Motel/B&B in a state with no tax).

9 years ago

Like Montana? Alaska? Delaware?

Thanks, will keep that in mind

9 years ago

Oregon also doesn't have a sales tax.

9 years ago

thanks!

9 years ago

They're $2.49 directly from Steam also. Like they've been plenty of times before.

9 years ago

ok I didn't know, the cheapest I've seen them in UK is £2.49, like now, but that's equivalent to about $4.15 so that's quite a difference. And I don't think I could buy directly from Steam US from an UK account so I'll go the amazon+us address way :)

9 years ago

they always do that crappy pricing disregarding currency diffrences

9 years ago

Yeah, avoiding regional pricing is often a valid reason to buy outside the Steam store. :)

9 years ago

What's weird to me is that the "classic" Fallout games are 75% off, but the bundle for those games is only 66% off, normally a bundle where all the games were 75% off, the bundle itself would be 75% off too... The only thing that I could think of is that this is "Bethesda's Choice" I guess they're being greedy bastards as usual :v

9 years ago

A bundle is already cheaper than the games bought one by one, so... even thought it seems "not as cheap as it should be", it still be a good deal...

9 years ago

It is an ok deal, but the point is that normally it wouldn't be that way and it's probably because Bethesda thought "why give the usual discount? when we could give a less convenient discount and win more money" that's all.

9 years ago

Well, that's true. This said, I saw this a lot on Summer Sales, and not only from Bethesda... In this case, one could even say that it's quite expensive, considering the games are "classic" for sure, but old ones...

9 years ago

I think I've seen this happen before, and I see it as the usual race to see who's the greediest: the seller or the buyer ;)

9 years ago

They know that some people would buy the Steam version, even owning the old ones... They offer a discount, and see who takes the bait... it's not normal, but... it's part of the game ;)

9 years ago

Will Fallout 3 GOTY work properly in Windows 7?

Steam spits out a warning if I visit the game's page that the game isn't "optimized" for Windows 7.

9 years ago

It works perfectly fine if you tweak the INI

Read this:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/22370/discussions/0/828937546147175081/

9 years ago

Ah, I have some past experience with modding here and there so a few .ini tweaks is nothing too scary for me. Thanks for that.

9 years ago

They're not on sale on Amazon anymore btw. It was a one day thing.

9 years ago

I hated Fallout 3 for some reason. It seemed boring and I couldn't get into it. Fallout: NV is fun, but the game is as buggy as heck and I've fallen victim to the eternal loading screens.

9 years ago

I was the complete opposite, I loved fallout 3 but couldn't get into NV. However I just got NV again and am going to give it another go and hopefully it I will like it better

9 years ago

I prefer a hundred times F.New Vegas !!!!

9 years ago

I liked both, still have a preference for NV because it seems more "open". I was sick of all those metro lines and confined spaces of Fallout3, claustrophobia maybe ^^ And both worked without too many bugs, for me...

Best thing about NV ? Mods. Just like Skyrim, "base" games are great, but once modded, damn. I nearly don't want to fast travel, because the Mojave is so beautiful now...

9 years ago

interesting, I'll keep that in mind :)

9 years ago

So much better!

9 years ago

i got it for free

9 years ago

best regional price ever :D

9 years ago

Ciao vecio, da feltrinelli hanno il dvd di nv base a 2euri...

9 years ago

ciao!!

non trovo feltrinelli a londra ;) ma grazie della dritta, ci faro' un salto la prossima volta che sono in patria

9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago by tciulo.