EDIT: REMOVED THIS ALL

Worst of all, I double checked to see if it's him, and it all felt okay to me. What the fuck? Brain fart, I guess...time to move on

EDIT 2: Sent this to a friend, thought it could be fun to read :P.

"I have been on Steam for 6 years. I have fell for a scam only once in my life before and it was when I had no idea how Steam worked. I have been making fun of people getting scammed who fall for the phishing links and the impersonators, and what not, and that ends up being how I get scammed. I checked his actual trade rep site and there is a neat little button that takes you to the profile of the actual owner of those reps, and it's actually a guy who is 100 levels higher and has a lot more games. I did this step, of course, because I am a master trader and what not, but I did not ACTUALLY notice a difference at the time. Why? No idea."

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Thats not him lol you just got scammed really hard. The "REAL" one is level 147 on steam.

8 years ago

sensor the name. You will get banned for calling out otherwise
And i'm afraid you got scammed by an impersonator. In future make sure you check the person thoroughly before trading. Use websites like steamrep and SG. If you use enhanced steam you can easily pull up the persons profile. Not much you can do about it now though. Just learn your lesson and move on :(

8 years ago

First of all you should remove the profile link and stuff.
Calling out if against the rules.

Well and that's the typical "I'm a scammer, I make an duplicate of a good trader and link to his rep page"

Your scammer does not even have a SG page and is already reported for scamming at steamrep

8 years ago

Yes, Steam friends of mine warned me about him and I have him blocked on Steam; preemptive.

8 years ago

Get enhanced steam. It links their SG profile on the right hand side. The guy you linked doesn't have an account here.

8 years ago

This ^. Cant stress it enough

8 years ago

Best way to check

8 years ago

It's not him it's his " impersonator ".

8 years ago

Compare that Steam profile you were contacted by to the one connected to the rep you were linked to. The level 5 is an impersonator.

8 years ago

Yeah, I realized this. What's worst is that I DID CHECK it. I went to the 300 rep page and went to the steam profile and I didn't even notice the level or anything else, God knows why. Time to move on, I removed everything from the title and the negative rep I gave the guy.

Anything I can do tho? Will Steam refund it?

8 years ago

Maybe you can try to call your bank to cancel the transaction. I don't know if it will work since there are many implications. Also I think Valve doesn't like when you cancel transactions

8 years ago

Deleted previous comment. Saw this thread. Apparently you can do it, but they WILL close your account for doing that. My account is a lot more precious to me than 16€, so I will let it slide.

Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up. :)

8 years ago

Yeah... I got scammed a 100$ usd Amazon Gift Card by a moderator at Reddit, I have learned from that, you can't even trust in a moderator.
But as you said, better to move on.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

You might want to install http://enhancedsteam.com/ for the next time an impersonator wants to trade with you... Good luck...

8 years ago

that's really bad shit happens you know ,btw how much did you exactly lose or what the trade was about?

8 years ago

My Killing floor 2 deluxe (bought for 16€, wanted to play it myself, but eventually didnt have anyone to play with so wanted to sell) for 24$ paypal. I lost 16€ :/

8 years ago

I would have noticed they only had 35 games. 300 rep and only 35 games doesn't make much sense. Sucks you got scammed, though.

8 years ago

I noticed that too and I DID FIND IT WEIRD, honestly. But I checked the original guy and I didn't see any difference. Could be I'm tired, could be anything.

8 years ago

Have you tried activating the key yourself? If not, try that asap.

The scammer hasn't activated the key on that account.

8 years ago

It's a gift. :/

8 years ago

Ah ok. Well I hope something comes from reporting him, but I wouldn't count on it.

Maybe one day you can have a laugh over the fact that the only real 'rep' he has is from a lvl4 with a trade ban ;)

8 years ago

Well honestly, I don't really care as much anymore. I'd LOVE to get the money back, obviously, but there is nothing I can do. It's better for me to work for a few days and get it back, rather than being all depressed about it.

8 years ago

yea that's the best approach. Treat it as a payment for that person's lesson - you'll be more careful next time :)

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.