The good, the bad, what did you bought, what did you miss... Steam, GMG, Gamersgate, Amazon, Origin, GoG or any other distribution platform.

Personally, I bought a few games that where sitting on my wishlist for a while, Awesomenauts (pretty amazing MOBA), Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (slashy slashy and stabby stabby), CS:Global Offensive (I think we all know what that is), Civ V GOTY plus a ton of Fortix and Bad Rats for friends on Steam. Also got FTL and Giana Sisters on GoG. Pretty disapointed I din't pick up Sleeping Dogs (when it was 91% off), XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Gods and Kings Expansion on GMG and Scribblenauts on Amazon.

Overall, it was a good winter sale, spent a few euros, got a few games that we'll keep me occupied for a while. What about you?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

a piece of shit, I'm bummed I missed the hidden frozen synapse sale and I got sleepy dagz for a friend so its aight. I bought most of my shit from gmg or amazon this sale.

1 decade ago

Mass Effect!!

/happy dance

I'm already 12 hours in =/

1 decade ago

Actually, make that 17 hours... /facepalm

1 decade ago

I liked it of course, sales are always great. I bought Serious Sam BFE (for giveaway), Condemned Criminal Origins(for giveaway) and for myself F.E.A.R and Assassins Creed 2.

1 decade ago

I have bought Magicka...unfortunately Chuck Norris is not in it....

1 decade ago

Seemed most of the better sales were not advertised ones this time around, but I ended up with Awesomenauts, Condemned: CI, Ship Sim Extremes, and Toy Soldiers. I won Grotesque Tactics: EH, Sega Bass Fishing, and Sniper: GW: Second Strike dlc.

I also didn't spend a cent. I trade for everything. XD

1 decade ago

Awful sale, still have like 50% of my budget

1 decade ago

I paid around $50 for well over $200 worth of games and have enough to last me the year now. I'm happy enough.

Though I got sick of the repeats fast, would have been nice to see some of the indie games get some repeats but most of them got one shot at a flash sale, if that.

1 decade ago

I bought way to much to list. Tons for me and tons for gifts. From all sites too. I spent quite a bit of money but it was fun. There were some games that I wish would of got sales or even better discounts but oh well. I also can't complain to much considering I already have a crap load of games.

1 decade ago

• Condemned so I already have a game to play next Halloween.
  • Jet Set Radio, 'cause I like the style.
  • Rocket Knight (bought through a canadian friend of a friend, since the game is not available in France. I thanked him by gifting him Awesomenauts).
  • Hero Academy during the -75% flash sale during New Year's Eve.
  • Sleeping Dogs, thanks to the -91% (lolz) sale error.

And I received Chivalry from a friend (almost received Secrets of the Magic Crystals too from another friend, I rejected it).
Overall, it was so-so. Mainly because I already had much of the games I've wanted from previous sales. :p

1 decade ago

I'm kinda dissapointed expected more...

53,38 spend... Could be worse considering 20 of that is Sleeping Dogs...

1 decade ago

Meh
I wasn't really happy with it, but a sale is a sale.

Was able to pick up a few games to add to my backlog of games.

1 decade ago

My thoughts? I either own most of games that interest me or they were too expensive.
I was disappointed, there wasn't Fallout New Vegas on sale - I was planning on buying some DLCs. Aside from that - I'm satisfied from buying Awesomenauts (3 pack). But... I regret buying Dead Island... 2 copies actually, since I wanted a friend to play with me. We've got so bored, we started playing Terraria once again.

I kind of wish, I was able to get Sleeping Dogs on glitch sale, but well - I was visiting friend.
There were obviously few more games that I bought - but, hell - I don't like people showing off, how many games they have bought, so why should I do it?

1 decade ago

New Vegas most certainly was on sale.

1 decade ago

Not on any daily deal.

1 decade ago

But it was discounted. How does that not count for being on sale?

1 decade ago

"It's not a sale until you know it gonna be 75% off".
Which unfortunately didn't happen in this winter sale for FO:NV. Dunno why.

1 decade ago

Yeah, too bad, a sale is a sale, no matter the discount.

1 decade ago

Pretty neat sale, despite the many repeats. The most annoying thing during the sale was the "gamers" who were constantly asking for higher discounts ("It aint on sale, its only -50%" sigh..)

1 decade ago

I have bough many things, but cheaper than any other time before:

• Gamersgate: Fallout 3 Goty, Oblivion Goty and Borderlands 2.(7€ in total)
  • Amazon: Hotline Miami, Spec Ops The Line, The Darkness 2 and Tomb Raider Anniversary, and a whole pack of Borderlands Goty + Bioshock 1&2 + Duke Nukem Forever (for gifting purposes). (0€ in total, thanks to Amazon gift cards earnt by testing apps on iphone).
  • Steam: Splinter Cell 1 (1,24€) and Simcity 4 (2,5€ for gifting).
  • Forums: Victoria 2 for gifting (3€).
  • Traded for games that I bought for free on Amazon: Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, and Two Worlds 2 VE.

Plus i also have won on steamgifts a copy of Mirror's Edge and another one of Resident Evil 5, during the private groups events.

To sum up: 13,75€ spent, 13 new games. :)

PS: I'm still waiting for my BL2 key from GG... :S; And I missed (cos i have no money) Batman AC Goty, Alan Wake, and Mass Effect 1&2.

1 decade ago

Not spectacular in comparison to other years and the many new bundles popping up, but there were certainly some good deals.

I ended up picking up a slew of new games, though not all as cheap as I'd have liked. Still, I now have a library chock full of games I want to finish (but probably never will), so I'm happy enough.

Plus I was not expecting Darksiders and Spec Ops to be as fun as they are, so yay for the sale making me buy them.

1 decade ago

Picked up Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition for free on the 1st day of GOG's Holiday Sale. My lack of Internet access prevented me from doing much else over Christmas break. However, I went to my grandma's over break and got Humble Indie Bundle 7 (above average) & the Build a Greenlight Bundle over at Groupees (mostly for La-Mulana).

And then came the Encore Sale today. I ninja'd the HELL out of it! In the last 5 minutes of the sale, I bought The Witcher Extended Cut, Hitman: Codename 47, and Portal (wanted to pick up the Portal Bundle, but I was 20 cents short:(. )

All in all, a pretty good haul for me. Not bad for a rookie Steam user, huh?

1 decade ago

Steams Winter Sale really disappointed me with the steam support twitter account posting, that we should brace ourselves for something epic. I didnt see anything epic happening during the steam sale, nothing.

1 decade ago

Sad it's over. Might not have been amazing, and there may have been a lot of repeats, and other sites one-upped Steam this time around... but it was so much nicer then just seeing everything at full price all the time. :-[

1 decade ago

I'm happy. I got everything from my list :)

1 decade ago

Was the worst sale I've seen on Steam. That being said, I still spent a lot of money >.<

1 decade ago

I got a lot of games with my dota2 profits (the community market).

1 decade ago

Bought Transformers: War for Cybertron
I wouldn't call this sale good one. Barely any games had 75% off (compared to last year's) and only a few games had more than 75% off.
2/10 would not shop again.

1 decade ago

I can only say one thing about Winter Steam Sale, It was the crappiest one. Elsewhere, like GMG or GamersGate? AWESOME. On Steam, I've only bought The Witcher 1 and a DLC for Homefront (because, I didn't bought The Witcher as a gift so, It didn't count as a achievement for the badge). On GamersGate, I've bought Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout New Vegas, a lot of games I've got from trade and also I've got myself a Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Sleeping Dogs and Hitman: Absolution. If Steam plans its sales just to put some regular daily deals discounts but for more titles at the same time, I think they will have to fight with stores which offers same games but A LOT cheaper. Sorry.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by NoSideStep.