Thinks mine would be the Bioshock & Half-Life series. I've evenn own these same titles on xbox360 and still to this date have not played them. With the exception of playing Bioshock Infinite a couple of hours the day of its release on PC.

Sooo do any of you have anyy particular game(s) that keeps getting pushed further and further into possibility of never getting played?

Can be something ya haven't played at all, never completed (either story / achievementss) or one that always has interest but somehow the "PLAY" button never receives a clicky

(@=

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Will ya ever get around to playing them?

View Results
Yap
Nop

I know I'm going to get judged for this.
Judge away.

I have never played anything from the following series:
Hotline Miami
Half Life (Kind of, I played like 20 minutes of it)
Grand Theft Auto
Saint's Row
Just Cause
Edit 1: Assassin's Creed
Edit 2: The Witcher
Edit 3: Max Payne
Edit 4: Far Cry
Edit 5: Mass Effect
Deus Ex

8 years ago*

I haven't played any of the Hotline Miami, Saint's Row or Just Cause series either. :)

8 years ago

Or Witcher series.

8 years ago

It's so good to know that I'm not alone.

8 years ago

I've yet to play the Witcher series as well =S

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

Go go go! Now that you're almost graduated. You should have more time right, Professor123? :P

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

McDonalds is a pretty successful restaurant chain.
Looks like you're on the right track!

8 years ago

I haven't played over 400 games in my library, but other than GTA and Half Life, I haven't really played any of the games you mentioned either, and I own all of them XD

8 years ago

I've never played Counter Strike and I think I own all of them

... I've also never played Team Fortress, I was in college when it was released, and I own both Classic and TF2. Let the smiting and chastising begin.

...and so it begins!

8 years ago*

If we're speaking games I started but never finished then my most procrastinated on would be Real Myst. My first game on my account was a gift copy of Borderlands but the first game I ever bought on steam was Real Myst (Dec 1, 2010). Started but never finished.

If it's a game that I've never touched at all it would have to be Portal 2. Purchased Nov 23, 2011. Haven't touched it because I started Portal but never finished it (Steam says I haven't played Portal but I did... on steam. Not sure why it doesn't have my time logged).

8 years ago

Enjoy that cake! :)

8 years ago

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

8 years ago*

The achievements are actually stopping me from playing it. I played it before I could play it on Steam. Tons of fun, but the amount of effort required to OCD every level is a little absurd.

8 years ago

Gray Matter, Of Orcs and Men, Bloodrayne, Still Life.....

I've had these games installed since I bought them, and have every intention of playing them...but then something always pops up.

8 years ago

Still life is a great game. I really enjoyed that one, but have been procrastinating in playing its sequel thoughh. Ehh

8 years ago

The sequel is known to be rather crummy. I played the first one many years ago, but have not bothered with the second one. Actually, I should say third one, as Post Mortem is actually the first game in the series.

8 years ago

I heard about that one, and was pretty intrigued about it. Ill add it to my wishylist so I can remember its name

Thankies for that

8 years ago

I have yet to play Skyrim. It's just there, installed, but I keep putting it off in favour of more casual/short games.

8 years ago

I'm doing that right now too :P
But in my case, I'm replaying it for the Steam achievements...
I spent like 3-4 hours setting up all the mods, then proceeded to not play the game. I am the best.

8 years ago

I spent a full week following the STEP installation instructions. Tested it and worked fine. I decided I wanted some other mods; search for them, installed them, and I broke my game. Even going back to the STEP basic mods didn't fix it. I eventually uninstalled the whole thing as I needed space. :facepalm:

8 years ago

HAha this happened to me a few days ago. Decided to make my skyrim more pretty since I bought my new Viddy Card, and decided to add to the addition of 100+ mods I already had installed. Believes I added a few more, then Booom!!.

Now I have to start modding all over again which will probably make me lose interest in doing so. Ehh

8 years ago

The Witcher 1&2

8 years ago

This multiply by 100

8 years ago

99% of them

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+99%

8 years ago

Never played at all, never beat, or simply never made a serious attempt to play?

8 years ago

All the abovee

Thinks ill add that to my topic above, thankies (#=

8 years ago*

Well, my backlog is massive, and has been for quite some time, so I'll limit it to the games that I actually care about and really feel like I need/want to play.

Never Started Started But Never Really Played Need to Finish
The Darkness II Overlord II Skyrim
Binary Domain The Witcher Bioshock
Warriors Orochi 3 STALKER: Shadow of Chernobal Valkryia Chronicles
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time Beyond Good & Evil Just Cause 2
Ni no Kuni Jade Empire
AC III
Darksiders II
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
LEGO Star Wars III
X-Com: Enemy Within
Lots of Adventure Games

There's a ton more, but that's what comes to mind, especially finishing Bioshock and Skyrim.

8 years ago

I'll take "most procrastinated" as "game which I own for the longest time and which I haven't played / played only a little of but still have some interest in playing".

I just recently started The Dig for the umpteenth time (well, probably fourth or so) and immediately had another game trump it. I bought it in 1997 (LucasArts Archive Vol 3). But this post made me realise that it's about time I finished it. So I'll put The Last Express aside (it doesn't look that fun so far anyway) and get back to The Dig. If I remember this resolution at all the next time I want to play.

I have some adventure games older than The Dig that I still want to play, but except for Full Throttle (which was in the same pack, so ties for the title of "most procrastinated") I think I bought them later. I also somewhat want to play Baldur's Gate, which I bought at release and played very little, but that's a lot farther down my list (and is a newer title anyway).

There are games I own for longer and haven't played yet, but I don't remember any of them that I have a real desire to play. The Dig is unique in that I dig it up occasionally and think of playing it, but somehow never get far into it.

Taking into account only Steam, then Sam and Max Season One + Two Pack, which I purchased in May 2008, is the first game which I'm still interested in playing. I finished 4 episodes of the first season (including the season finale), but none of Season 2, so Sam and Max Season Two is the winner of "most procrastinated Steam game".

8 years ago*

I reallly need to get my hands on the first 2 seasonss of Sam and max. Can say I've been procrastinating on buying thosee even after seeing them on sale numerous times. I even have that small thought that sometime soon, they will disappear from steam. Will make it a plan to buy them the next time i see a sale (=

8 years ago

I'm mostly worried about the series of which I own 3 or more games and haven't played any:
Deus Ex
Hitman
F.E.A.R.
iBomber
Overlord
PixelJunk
RACE 07
RIP
Runaway
Star Wars
Supreme Commander
Tex Murphy
X-COM

8 years ago

View attached image.
View attached image.
8 years ago

I started using Steam in early 2009, after I got a copy of Portal for Christmas. I liked that game.

But one of the first titles I bought on the Steam store was Universe at War: Earth Assault. I still have yet to even install it.

I have many, many games in a similar scenario, but that is the oldest purchase I haven't touched.

I didn't buy anything Half-Life related until Fall 2014 when I got the Valve Complete Pack on sale.

Other than briefly playing a leaked Dreamcast version of Half-Life, I have never played a Half-Life game.

8 years ago

Everytime I play through a game, I decide to play through something else, I want to play The Witcher 1 currently but everytime my computer goes to the desktop for whatever reason, the game freezes.. I want to fix it :(

8 years ago

I have a habit of burning myself out on long games, especially RPGs. They'll be played until I'm a fair way through, then they will never see the light of day again, almost regardless of how much I want to finish them. These games come to mind:

• Final Fantasy XIII
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (DLCs)
  • Fallout: New Vegas (DLCs)
  • RAGE
  • GRID 2

There are more; these are just the most recent.

8 years ago

I didn't consider half played games for this question, but if I do, then Star Control II would be there. I still have a bit of an inclination to play it again, but it's farther down the list than Baldur's Gate.

8 years ago

Lots of em, well you know
latest one is GTA V, Wolfenstein and Witcher 3 :D

8 years ago

is time ya gets to playingg em, atleast GTA and Wolfystein which is goood. Dunno about witcher since i've yet to play any of them

8 years ago

i hope when i get time to play gta your band will still be live so i join :)

8 years ago

One of the first games I got on Steam was Killing Floor. I got this as well as Payday-the Heist and Payday 2 and Dead Island Riptide all for a 4-people-LAN-Party as coop games to play. I heard so many good things of Killing Floor and I was actually the one who got the others to buy this game but we didn't get around to play it. I at least started it once and tried to play it for a while but well...
Another game I was really keen on is Bioshock Infinite so I got it at the top tier when it was in a HumbleBundle. I told myself to play the first two games before Infinite, but never finished the first one so didn't even start Infinite...

I stopped at one point to add more games to my account (didn't stop me from buying though XD) unless I want the game really hard (or won it here)

8 years ago*

The Witcher 2. I want to play it, but everytime I say to myself "Ok, let's play it" I' not in the mood. Will I ever play it? Who knows

8 years ago

A lot but i've come to the realization that those "worthy my time" will be played someday-soon otherwise their simply not.

8 years ago

Anachronox.. I remember looking forward to the release for years.. then it finally was released 14 years ago and I still haven´t played it, but always wanted to xD I now own it on GOG and Steam and I´m still promising myself that I´m gonna start playing it any day now.. and I´m still convinced I´m gonna love it.

8 years ago

IN Alphabetic Order.

100% Orange Juice
99 Spirits
Agarest ( all of them )
Akane the Kunoichi
Alice Madness Returns
Akane the Kunoichi
Analohue A Hate Story
AR-K
BANZAI PECAN
Bastion
BloodRayne Betrayal
Chantelise
Deponia
Chery Tree High
Crystal Story II
Dislusion Manga Horror
Dreamscape
Dungeon Defenders
Dust An Elysian Tail
eXceed 1,2,3
Fairy Bloom Fresia
Final Dusk
Flower Shop (Summer and Winter)
Fortune Summoners
Freedom Planet
FTL
Go!Go!Nippon
Heileen 1,2,3,
Hyperdimension Neptunia
If My Heart Had Wings
Kami
Labyrinthine Dreams
Last Inua
Life is Strange
Little Inferno
Lume
Luna Shattered Hearts
Magical Battle Festa
Magical Diary
Mirror's Edge
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
Nights Into Dreams
One Way Heroics
Party of Sin
Paranautical Activity
Pixel Puzzle ( all of them )
Princess Evangile
QP Shooting Dangerous
Quest Run
Quest for Dungeon
Recettear
Rime Berta
Roommates
Sakura Spirit and Sakura Angels :)
Samudai
Shan Gui
Skyborn
Spoiler Alert
Thomas was alone
Transistor
Unhack
Valkyria Chronicles
Venetica
Wanderlust Rebirth
War of the human tanks
Winged Sakura Mindys arc
Wings of Vi
World end Economica
X-Blades
X-Note
The Yawgh
Year Walk

Holy... fucking...shit.

Thats alot of games :c

8 years ago

Out of all those games, I'd say you should give The Yawgh a chance first. It's a really quick story based game that you can play multiple times in an hour and end up with outcomes and endings that are completely different from each other. Plus your decisions matter; they're not just shoehorned in to give you a sense of false importance.

8 years ago

Okay , so thats the game of choice for tonight :)

Thanks for suggestion !

8 years ago

You should play Life Is Strange next. :-D

8 years ago

All of my games are installed and I have no time to play...

• The Witcher 1 and 2
  • Alien Isolation
  • Bioshock serie
  • Dark Souls
  • Dead Island
  • Dragon Ages: Origins
  • Endless legend
  • Fallout 3 and New Vegas
  • FTL: faster than light
  • Goat simulator
  • Half-life serie
  • Hotline Miami
  • Van Helsing
  • Just Cause 1 and 2
  • Pillars of eternity
  • Saints Row 3 and 4
  • South Park
  • Terraria
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Wasteland 2
8 years ago

Bioshock triple pack, I also have 2 achievements left for Tropico 4 but I'm not feeling like 100%ing that game yet :v

8 years ago

Fez.

Bought it after many friends told me how amazing it was. It still sits untouched, but installed onto 3 PC builds/upgrades so far.

8 years ago

• Rise of Prussia The game looks great, but it also has quite a learning curve. I need to find the time & energy to force myself past that learning curve.
    -Sub Command Same as above, game looks great, I just need to find the time & energy to force myself past the learning curve.
    -Space Empires V DITO
    -S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series I need to find out which mods to use, and from what I've gathered, the games are not exactly "friendly" to new players. So time & effort again...
    -Dangerous Waters And yet another game with a massive learning curve. I should really not buy as many of these.
8 years ago

• Amnesia series - Not a fan of horror games, but heard lots of hype about these ones
  • Skyrim - Too. Many. Bloody. Quests!
  • Borderlands - I'll get to it eventually.
  • Fallout New Vegas - Don't feel like starting over on the PC version.
  • Sleeping Dogs - I'll get to it eventually.
  • Civilization V - I have too many games to play first.
8 years ago

Ehh, I think i will never get around to Sleeping Dogs.. Still needs the dlc for the game, which will cause me to buy the whole thing over again since only the 'definitive version' exists now' Anddd I think i even preordered that game.

8 years ago

Far Cry 3 - been playing it on and off for a while now. LA Noire (non steam version), started never finished.

8 years ago

Ayy, I've been playing both of these on and off. Think I've enjoyed LA noire the most though, guess because I live in LA.
FC3, I'll finish eventually, eventhough I enjoyed Blood Dragon 110% moreeee and completed it

8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago by s1N.