In the poll I put Tv shows debuted on 2019 that I watched or heard good things about, it's not complete probably greater shows are missing
Feel free to add your opinion
May do a giveaway related to the winner of the poll if i have any money left in January
Have a nice day.

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Best Series 2019

View Results
Watchmen
The Mandalorian
The Witcher
The Umbrella Academy
Our Planet
Chernobyl
See
The Boys
The Purge
Others ( please state your choice in the comments)
[Potato](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUzPwuOtJUE)

North America, Australia, New Zealand and the Netherlands have Disney+ but that doesn't help you either unless a Dutch VPN would allow you to register an account.

I think the only other way is to pirate it and those kind of services aren't allowed to be advertised here.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Yeah, they should have started with Nordic countries like HBO.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

More like "too slow and expensive Internet", the exact opposite was used by HBO as a reason and the Dutch are quite similar to Nordics.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Or complete non-neutrality of the net so those streaming companies have to pay ISPs extra so their customers will get enough bandwidth even from a gbit line. Or did that go through, can't remember since it didn't affect me in any way, just remember all the online campaigns against it.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

How about cheap uncapped mobile Internet to watch those streams while traveling? And free roaming on top in most of the neighboring countries? If it helps any to alleviate the soreness, I only have a 100/100 line at home and it costs whole of 10€. The only other option would be 1000/100 at 40€ so I haven't bothered, I can wait a bit longer for things to load with huge backlogs of everything. :)

4 years ago

It will be on UK, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Germany and France March 2020 but still no word for my country wich means it could arrive only in 2021

4 years ago

Voted for Chernobyl but that's a mini series. For best regular series of 2019 I'd have to go with Mr.Robot Season 4.

4 years ago

+1 for Mr. Robot

4 years ago

I was going for New Series but I heard Mr.Robot is very good and as did not sayed only new is a valid answer

4 years ago

Happy cake day

4 years ago

+1 to the whole comment.

PS: happy cake day! :)

4 years ago

Same for me. And i would like to add Mr Robot easily won the best episode i've seen this year, that episode 7, damn. In fact it was one of the best episode i've ever seen, somewhere in my top 5.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Thanks, found a good site with content that is not available almost anywhere

4 years ago

Almost everything is available if you just know where to look. The problem with pirated streaming services is that the more popular and better it gets the more attention it gets as well and has a higher risk of getting shut down at any moment.

4 years ago

But there are some movies and Tv shows that are really difficult to find, especially of its animated
For example I wanted to watch the Bionicle movie trilogy but cant find it anywhere
Also the new War of the Worlds serie is hard to find

4 years ago

Both found easily, it helps a lot to not use crappy random quality streaming services. But like I said, piracy isn't allowed here so I can't offer any help beyond that.

4 years ago

I eventually found War of the Worlds but the Bionicle movies i wasnt able to found even on torrent sites
Thanks anyways for offering to help
I decided to ask here cause there are some new platforms that are legal and free and use ads to gain money, basically Youtube but with movies or Tv shows

4 years ago

Very few if any of those platforms are any kind of legal other than legal to watch for users in most countries. The maintainers can and often will still face consequences from trying to profit from piracy which is why they keep going down one after another.

4 years ago

IMDB has a platform that allows you to watch for free but its restricted to the USA and I was triyng to find some similar
Of course that I stil use the other ones but will not discuss that here(if any one wants to suggest not legal ones, you can add me on Steam)

4 years ago

Yeah being run by some well known company like that and not 2 guys in Eastern Europe should guarantee it's legal or that at least they are able to handle the legal issues. The easy suggestion is to go private, public illegal services are usually quite low quality and quantity. :)

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

O' valley of plenty, O' O' Oh...

4 years ago

NOT TODAY

4 years ago

Am shocked nobody mentioned Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. It is so awesome seeing Jim Henson's lost art of puppeteering making a come back on the center stage again.

4 years ago

that series is awesome, i was so happy to see it...

4 years ago

Isn't it though? I'm stoked for season 2!

4 years ago

they announced a season 2?
i really don't pay much attention to things
super excited...

4 years ago

Dont like puppets very much

4 years ago

you're a puppet, muppet...

4 years ago

It was great visually, but I lost interest, because storywise it's clearly meant for a very young audience.

4 years ago

i generally switch between hulu, netflix, etc...
pay for a few months, cancel, switch to another for a few months
wait for an email to return for a free month...

4 years ago

I had netflix for a while but it isn't cheap if you want to watch in a decent quality
Hulu isn't available outside US, it's even more restricted than Disney+

4 years ago

seems you got a link that showcased many sites that offer "streaming"...
this subject is dead to me as it should be to everyone anyways
you should close this thread...

4 years ago

Keeping it openwd cause of the giveaway, also Im thinking of doing a giveaway related to the winner of the poll

4 years ago

heresy...

4 years ago

...??

4 years ago

'Dark' on Netflix is brilliant.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

4 years ago

Hell yeah, so far so good, hope it doesn't end up being garbage :D

4 years ago

Never heard about it can you explain what it is about

4 years ago

It's a German series set in a town where some children go missing which sets off a chain of events that exposes the secrets of the families who live there. It's hard to talk about without giving away too much because of spoilers but definitely worth a look. The second season was recently released but it's best to go into it without knowing too much about it.

4 years ago

Great series! Perhaps my favourite after Chernobyl.

4 years ago

I voted for Chernobyl but my friend and I really enjoyed watching His Dark Materials.

4 years ago

When I saw the trailer for His Dark Materials I though it was a show related to the Golden Compass

4 years ago

Too. Old. to Die.Young.

4 years ago

The premise looks good but heard its very slow paced

4 years ago

+1

4 years ago

yes!

4 years ago

Well, if it doesn't have to be newly premiered, there's at least one more to consider (not my personal favorite season, but a great show overall with memorable characters).

"By order of the Peaky *** Blinders" (read with deep Birmingham accent)

View attached image.
4 years ago*

I didnt include shows that premiered before 2019 because people get influenced in their decisions by previous seasons even if the current one is bad as it gets, also older shows have more harcdore fans

4 years ago

Barry

4 years ago

Sounds fun

4 years ago

My favourite this year was Good Omens. Possibly the best book adaptation I've ever seen :D

4 years ago

Dont like the premise but the showi got good ratings

4 years ago

I liked Doom Patrol, it's niche. Mandalorian is just okay with some bad casting choices imo. Haven't seen Witcher yet.
I cry watching the Watchmen.

4 years ago

Forgot Doom Patrol, still have to watch it

4 years ago

I barely watched TV shows that started this year.

Chernobyl was an 8/10. Solid stuff, a bit slow at times, but really good.
Surviving R. Kelly was a 7/10. Again, good show. Though the 360 minutes could've easily been lowered to 300 minutes (a.k.a. one episode fewer) for the better impact.
Swamp Thing was a 3/10. Honestly, I wanted to give it less, but making a show like this demanded some balls since Swamp Thing just isn't an interesting... thing... to make a show about. Crystal Reed did a great job and Kevin Durand and Will Patton were great supporting cast. Otherwise the show was almost complete garbage imo. Uninteresting plot, bad writing, uninteresting characters and just everything's so dragged out. The show should've been 4 episodes instead of 10.

4 years ago

I was expecting Swamp Thing to be good but the harsh reviews made me postpone it and now its on the end of my watchlist
Surviving R.Kelly- didnt know about it but still not interested in watching

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

Cant wait for Disney to launch season 2 but in the meantime we will get season 7 of Clone Wars

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

When I saw the title "V-Wars" i thought it was related to V

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Fleabag and Mindhunter were also great.
The Witcher was bit of a let down, because of the way they structured the narrative. I feel like some side quests in the Witcher 3 had more going on storywise than in the individual episodes of the show.

4 years ago

That might have been interesting a series in which each episode is a side quest but also contributes to main narrative

4 years ago

I don't know, that would feel like a police procedural. CSI:Velen sounds cool, but I'd say character driven stories are better.

4 years ago

Kingdom
Russian Doll
The Boys
Killing Eve - yeah, I know, 2018, but i binged watched in 2019 and it's just that good. The fact that I can't abide Sandra Oh and yet still think the show is outstanding, says it all.
Chernobyl
Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes
Leaving Neverland
I Love You, Now Die: The Commonwealth v. Michelle Carter
The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley
Lots of good docs this past year.

The Mandalorian was mostly mediocre and rambling, with a few bright spots - baby Yoda steals every scene he is in and the ending credit screens are beautiful (want those desktops). Witcher's writing is not as good as it could be and the characters mostly unengaging, but at least it moves along at a decent clip which is more that I can say for Watchman, which is really dragging so far for me.

4 years ago

Gotta agree with you on both the Mandalorian and the Witcher. Both could've been better if they took a few more risks.

4 years ago

I think The Mandalorian isn't supposed to be epic, it is just about seeing the life of a bounty hunter but doesn't has a main purpose like saving the galaxy or overthrowing the Empire or something along those lines

4 years ago

I haven't been able to keep up with most of these shows here but I can see that more people need to watch Watchmen (pun intended).

4 years ago

Probably they need to watch the movie first to get a little context, since in the series they dont explain much in the beginning and that can be confusing

4 years ago

Voted for Chernobyl.
The Witcher and The Boys I really enjoyed, but Chernobyl definitely deserves the best of the year.

4 years ago

Still have to watch it but most people say it was great

4 years ago

Witcher,Chernobyl and Mandalorian... yeah I love those,but decided to give my vote to Mandalorian,just because,even though Chernobyl was better overall,I love Star Wars,and after all the disappointing movies,the mandalorian series,finally brought back some life to Star Wars.

4 years ago

Mandalorian is better than last movies and next seasons probably will be awesome

4 years ago

Chernobyl and now "Toss a coin to a Witcher! O'vally of plenty ..."

4 years ago

Still have to see both

4 years ago

you will definitely love them :)

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

It seems like most people liked Chernobyl

4 years ago

Good Omens is the only thing I've seen, I think...

4 years ago

You have to get more time to watch some of these

4 years ago

^ after The Mandalorian.

4 years ago

Closed 1 year ago by Captwookie.