Mordern Warfare 1 Steam $4.99
Scroll down a bit,click the specifications tab, then scroll all the way down to the declaimer it says needs steam account to play.

It might be mac version, but the game works both windows and mac on steam,MW1 on steam usesSteam play

Link to Steam MW1 showing steamplay button MW1 Steam page

WARNING: Black Ops 1 Though on sale and is steam @newegg does not support Steam playcurrently.So BO1 is truly a mac only version. Also COH Complete is non steam and is mac only.

Other Games on Sale By Asper all steamplay do same as above check specification tab scroll down to disclaimer

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

cool

1 decade ago

"NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended" mac only :(

1 decade ago

it might be mac version, but the game works both windows and mac on steam,Steam MW1 usesSteam play MW1 Steam page

1 decade ago

It's steam play on steam, but the question is if the product on newegg is a steam code or not. They don't say anything about it there and I don't know how it works otherwise, from what I found Aspyr has their own digital distribution platform, GameAgent.

EDIT: okay the tab "specification" does mention Steam, so indeed this works for non-Mac

1 decade ago

Yea changed the description after you asking about that so others will not be confused as well.

1 decade ago

clicky

It is both pc and mac because of steam

1 decade ago

really mac only?

1 decade ago

mac & pc

1 decade ago

but not BO1 sadly :-(

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

Just warning: It's Mac only version of game.

1 decade ago

Thank you sir.

1 decade ago

Still prefer my non-steam retail version.

1 decade ago

How many are still online in this one?

1 decade ago

I play Modern Warfare one daily there are always servers with people playing, some servers have "user number phishing" to fake the number of people playing but empty servers the only ones that are truely empty.

1 decade ago

I've encountered plenty of servers faking the number of players and are actually empty when I join. So servers displaying 0 players are not the only empty servers. However, since I installed my copy from disc the other day and updated to 1.7, I've had no issue finding a populated server to play on. I am pleasantly surprised how active this game still is.

There are plenty of people still hacking though. It probably doesn't help that the majority of the servers are not PB secured. Also, a lot of servers seem to think it's a good idea to host 40+ players on tiny maps (Vacant, Showdown, etc). Typical COD players. I was never a fan of cramped maps like Shipment and Nuketown though.

1 decade ago

I played it recently (got it for $5 from somewhere else) and there was plenty of people online.

1 decade ago

If you buy it, keep it in your mind, you have to disable Steam in-game (Steam Overlay) for this game to prevent PunkBuster kick while playing multiplayer (PunkBuster sucks).

1 decade ago

Really? I use an in-game overlay for my chat client and I've never had PB kick me when playing BF3.

1 decade ago

Me too. I'm using Steam overlay on BF3 as well.

CoD: Modern Warfare is different.

1 decade ago

they actually have a few more steam games on sale there from Aspyr, like 75% off KOTOR, Quake IV, Call of Duty 2.. interesting

1 decade ago

anyone with rep or something willing to buy me a copy ?
ill send the money to paypal or something

1 decade ago

i'd like to join this, because newegg says my paypal address is "unconfirmed". in germany i have no option to confirm this.. wierd..

1 decade ago

"We apologize that we are not able to authorize payment for your order now."

i cant put valid billingadress, cuz there aint other countries

1 decade ago

Important notice: Black Ops ISN'T Steamplay. They have separate Windows and Mac editions (and Mac version doesn't have all DLCs to buy). It might change one day, but who knows.

Don't know about other games outside of CoD4: MW.

1 decade ago

I will add that to the top just in case anyone assume BO1 is steamplay like the others I posted

1 decade ago

I just bought it and it works on pc just fine

1 decade ago

I bought CoD 2 and worked fine.

1 decade ago

Demn, "We apologize that we are not able to authorize payment for your order now."

For US only I guess. ;-(

1 decade ago

do most of those games work for windows?

1 decade ago

All the ones I posted do read the description about steamplay

1 decade ago

mw1 is the best of all call of duties ;/

1 decade ago

Besides COD2.

1 decade ago

USA only i think :X

1 decade ago

How long will this sale last?

1 decade ago

They charged me the 4.99$ to my credit card and then voided my order :/ Be careful!

1 decade ago

I doubt that you won't get refunded, Newegg is a pretty well established website.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

Thanks dude! I just ordered it; and it works for PC by the way.

1 decade ago

I just wanted to bump this thread because the sale it still going on; and the game is totally awesome. Best COD game. Here's my review

In my opinion this is the best Call of Duty game. It has all the original guns and the guns are very balanced. There are many player's still online to play with.

MULTIPLAYER:

Pros:
-Very balanced gun system
-Little to no hackers
-Very fun
-It's has a extremely active community
-The game was very well optimized for PC, I was able to run it at 62 FPS on my PC

Neutral:
-In the PC version you can have up to 60 players per map; which makes the game complete havoc; but you can easily change to another server

Cons:
-None I can really think of.

CAMPAIGN:

In all honesty I didn't like the campaign of this game in any way. The best campaign in my opinion is Black Ops II. In this game almost everywhere you go it's extremely dark (I even turned the brightness up) and the campaign is quite bland.

Verdict:

In multiplayer it shines. Although not so much for the campaign.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by GeneralChaos.