Now that the awards are over and the REAL 2019 movie season has started, what upcoming 2019 movies are you looking forward to seeing?

At the moment, I can't wait to see
Avengers Endgame
Dark Phoenix
Godzilla 2 King of the Monsters

All that I can think of at the moment.

5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

5 years ago

Yeah. Let's see what's cooking Mr. Tarantino.

5 years ago

Don't really know what movies are out this year but interested in how to train your dragon 3 and that alita battle angel movie looked interesting

5 years ago

alita looks indeed interesting, I re-started to watch movies these years after many years of no cinema/movies at all so I don't really even know which movies are supposed to premiere in 2019.. definitely, Alita looks awesome! I wanna see as many new movies as I can, maybe even in 3d =)

5 years ago

I'm on a short movie break too. Last time I saw a new movie was...2011. I watched all the Oscar nominees back then. I can't say I miss movies much, my attention span has dwindled, even my goldfish has a difficult time keeping me on-topic.

5 years ago

well, I definitely went through a looong period totally relatable to yours.. I couldn't watch a single movie for years, I had no attention and I could only watch series like Family Guy that 1. are funny 2. are less than 20 minutes long.. fortunately after so many years I managed to re-start watching movies and now I couldn't spend a week without watching some of them.. I even have a huge desire to go back to the cinema, which was one of my biggest passion as a teenager.. but it took so many years, and this means that I have no clues at all for what concerns all the new movies.. I just saw Alita that looks great and it's advertised everywhere, but I don't really know which movies will come out in 2019 so I'm gonna browse this topic a bit =P

5 years ago

I've watched Alita last week and I absolutely recommend it. It's nothing short of amazing. The visuals are great and the world is so detailed it really feels alive. At first I was a bit worried, because it seems to be based on some anime/manga (and I really dislike anime) but the story is really intriguing and drew me right in.

5 years ago

thank you so much, and well - it's quite the same for me. I never read manga, and I liked some anime but it was back when I was a teenager, it's been 10+ years that I don't watch anime of any kind.. I saw a video in which some guy talked about the manga upon which the Alita movie is based (some '90s manga if I remember well) and yeah he praised the movie too, it should definitely be great and I'm gonna see it in the next days for sure, thanks a lot for the recommendation =)

5 years ago

Let me know, what you think of it, after you've watched it. ;-) I can definitely say, the last time I was so immersed with a movie, was back then with Avatar and I just realized that's 10 years ago already. I did watch Avatar 4 times in cinema, the 2D version, the 3D version, the original English version (it's a really bad habit over here in Germany they hardly show any original language versions in cinemas) and the extended special edition half a year later. I'd definitely watch Alita a second or even third time as well, but I fear it's not been very successful over here in Germany, as they already moved it to a smaller screen and a bad timeslot after 3 weeks.

5 years ago

wow, here in Italy on the other hand it seems that it's quite successful, I see it promoted everywhere and we've got lots of cinemas =P thanks a lot for your feedback, I won't miss this one! and I'd love to see some 3D movies too, I missed so many things in these years =P

5 years ago

This.

5 years ago

• Captain Marvel, feel like I can't watch the newest Avengers without watching that first.
  • Avengers Endgame
  • How to Train your Dragon 3

No idea about any other movies because I don't really keep track of them.

5 years ago

I'm still looking forward to watching Spiderverse with my little son.

5 years ago

Same ... err, except not with your son.

5 years ago

Yes.

5 years ago

Looking forward to movies that nobody is hyping.
I found that the most hype there is, the more disappointing the result is, usually.

I am, however, looking forward to Marvel getting their hands back on the X-verse and wiping that horrendous slate of a franchise clean and starting over. Dark Phoenix is yet another stain on my beloved X-men universe. One of the best comic book in the Marvel universe and they have managed to screw with it twice.

Of course it's a hard one to bring to life when you invest only 4 minutes in every movie to characterization since what makes Claremont's writing stand out in anything is the character story, and Jean Grey at this point is a Sansa Stark cameo and nothing more, her relationship with McAXavier is non-existent, as is her relationship with Scott Sommers, Wolverine or any other character.
You cannot tell a good Dark Phoenix story without any humanity going into it. Not to mention they've been stuck in their little corner of a little planet in the entire X Galaxy so far so expanding the story in one movie beyond Earth is going to feel completely tacked on.

I'm not sure about Avengers Endgame either. They're either going to spend the whole movie canceling the previous one in the least surprising twist in cinema history, or cancel everything in the first 10 minutes, in the most anti-climactic twist in cinema history. Either way it's a lose lose situation. Should have been one movie.

I'm looking forward to Captain Marvel though, as it could be the first step of reintegrating the X-verse into the Marvelverse, Carol Danvers being a big part of both.

Beyond that,
Blood Moon (if you haven't seen A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night and The Bad Batch, you are missing out)
The Trial of the Chicago 7
Jay and Silent Bob Reboot just because of Clerks nostalgia and because it looks like it's going to be skewering Hollywood trends but I think it might be a 2020 movie
Machete Kills in Space

What? I'm eclectic :P

5 years ago

Yeah, I've always felt I could do as good a job writing X stuff, and I've never been a big fan, just a casual reader. I loved the love triangles, forbidden loves, and impossible relationships, blended with deadly powers :P
People used to ridicule (and enjoy) Michael Bay, but suddenly the same kind of movies are at the highest echelons of entertainment, just because its got a marvel coating, and its hip to be a marvel fan. :)

5 years ago

This is a good thread cause I was checking the upcoming films in my area from march to august and I couldn´t find a damn thing...
I´m hoping something good gets added to that list next months. If not, I think It´s gonna be the worst movie theater year for me.
It´s not like I was going that much anyway. The last movies were Blade Runner 2049 and Sicario: Soldado, this last one was very bad imo.

Any good Sci-Fi film for this year? I watched Prospect 2018 and despite being a low budget film It keeps you on the couch.

[Edit] John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum. Totally forgot It.

5 years ago*

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
The Kid
Spider-Man: Far From Home
The Irishman
Toy Story 4
John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

5 years ago

The Irishman

5 years ago

+1 Only movie I'm pretty hyped about right now

5 years ago

Captain Marvel is the only upcoming film on my radar at the moment, but hell, I still haven't had the time to go see Spiderverse and Glass, which were very high on my watch-list. :/

5 years ago

HELLBOY!!!!! did you know the guy who voices Johnny Gat is gonna be in the new Hellboy movie?? SAINTS ROW AND HELLBOY ARE SET IN THE SAME UNIVERSE NOW, I DON'T MAKE THE RULES.

and uh the 3rd John Wick movie just because Keanu Reeves is precious and must be supported at all costs.

5 years ago

That Hellboy trailer felt horribly off.

5 years ago

yeah it legit gave no info about the plot or anything. still gonna see it cos HELLBOY tho, which i'm sure the distribution company is counting on.

5 years ago

Avengers: Endgame
Star Wars: Episode IX
Dark Phoenix
Frozen 2

I recently watched the new animated spider-man which I was excited for but I ended up disappointed.

5 years ago

F r o z e n 2

5 years ago

Looking forward to seeing US and The Beach Bum this month. Later down the year Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,Midsommar and The Irishman.

5 years ago

Endgame and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood are easily the 2 i'm most looking forward.

Then i can add :

John Wick 3

Joker

Ad Astra

Triple Threat

Also Chaos Walking was supposed to release this month but got delayed i believe, really looking forward to this one aswell.

5 years ago

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Us

Brightburn

Welcome to Marwen

Shazam!

Midsommar

John Wick 3

Joker

Avengers end game

Dark phoenix

Toy story 4

5 years ago

I don't watch TV or commercials anywhere, so I don't know what is coming out until I do some research after they have been released. So far I am only aware of 3 movies being released in 2019 that I want to see and they are:

Alita: Battle Angel
City of Lies
The Lion King

5 years ago

Pokémon Detective Pikachu!

5 years ago

The only true answer is the Sonic The Hedgehog Movie.

5 years ago

Ma
Toy Story 4 (PLS RASHIDA DON"T RUIN THIS SERIES)
Frozen 2
John Wick 3

5 years ago

The nominees for next year's Oscars:

"Whoops! I put my Foot in my Mouth - The Sequel"
"Racially Motivated Gender Bender"
"A-lister on the way out 3"
"Disney vs Marvel: Exit, stage front"

Can't wait.
Spiderverse and the new Tarantino I guess.

5 years ago

in order of interest:

spider-man ffh
star wars 9
mib 4
captain marvel
zombieland 2
hellboy
terminator 6
httyd 3
ad astra
joker
tory story 4

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago

Avengers: Endgame
The Lion King
Frozen 2
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
Captain Marvel
Dark Phoenix

5 years ago

it was released already in some countries this year but not in my country yet so...

Iron Sky 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG7Mg9Qr9nw

5 years ago

IT 2

5 years ago

• It: Chapter Two
  • Pet Sematary
  • Zombieland: Double Tap
5 years ago