Hello m8s, it's good to see that steamgifts is back up again :D

Unfortunately while SG was down my Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver stopped working, it probably was a fuse that burned out :s
Without the receiver I can't play with my two Xbox 360 controllers on PC :x
My first thought was to buy a Xbox One controller plus it's receiver but after doing some research I found out that the receiver only works with Xbox One Controllers, it doesn't work with Xbox 360 controllers which is strange because it should work on PC out of the box in the first place :o

I can't find any store that still sells authentic Xbox 360 wireless receivers, I can only find Chinese replicas and some people are having problems with those :s
Do you know where I can buy an authentic Xbox 360 receiver? :3

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

What would you do in my situation if you couldn't find a store where you could buy an authentic Xbox 360 wireless receiver?

View Results
Buy a Chinese replica and see if it works well
Shelve the Xbox 360 controllers and buy a Xbox One Controller plus it's receiver. I rarely play local multiplayer games so I'd use a wired uncomfortable controller in those occasions :s
Buy a Steam controller

I've been using my knock off for 4 years now, no problem. Sometimes they're off the same factory line, just didn't end production when they delivered the quantity. Grey market...

8 years ago

Do you know if the replicas work with Windows 10?

8 years ago

Yep, I've got in on my living room box running 10

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

8 years ago

option 4 missed in the pole,
just solder over the fuse its tiny and on the back side of the circuit board and only takes a second and you'll be up and running again, i just had to do the same thing to mine a few months back,apparently that fuse was only added to make the product fail after some time so you would have to buy another one, most usb devices dont have fuses as they are only 5 volts but if your extra paranoid im sure you could buy and solder in a micro fuse,but that said most people just solder over the fuse some people have even taped tinfoil over there fuses on those receivers(just if you go this route make sure the foil isnt touching anything other then the fuse).
http://www.fixya.com/support/t1393388-help_microsoft_xbox_360_wireless
https://replayproject.wordpress.com/2010/10/09/how-to-repair-microsoft-xbox-360%E2%84%A2-wireless-gaming-receiver-for-windows%C2%AE/

8 years ago*

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I don't have solder tools.
I ended up buying a Chinese replica on Amazon, I hope it'll continue working well

8 years ago

Just as a heads up, you may have to use sonme manual driver installing when using it, but after that they should work fine.
And as i see that no one mentioned it, official 360 wireless recivers can only be bought when shops still have them, as MS stopped making them a few yeras ago.

8 years ago

Thanks everyone for the answers :3

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.