9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Yeah same story here.. I can run those games but on low with 25 average fps :D.. GT 9800 :|

9 years ago

Was pretty decent card some years ago. Had one on my old PC

9 years ago

i had to upgrade my videocard that supports directx 11 to play newest games got a 640gt but the ddr2 4gb 800mhz are slow and low :P want to upgrade to 8 gb ram but ddr2 is 2x more expensive that ddr3 :)

And about if your wallet hurts no it dont because i dont pay full price why would i ?

9 years ago

Or I am too slow, or your reply goes to another post :)

9 years ago

Ohh now I got what you said.

IMHO I think upgrading such an old PC with GT 9800 or similar is waste of money. No matter how much money you put into it, it will never perform for that kind of money.

Btw, my old PC had 3gb DDR3 333Mhz ram :D

9 years ago

It will hurt in 3 weeks.

9 years ago

this guy knows the drill

9 years ago

aye

9 years ago

What's in 3 weeks?

9 years ago

you dont wanna know

9 years ago

For the sake of your wallet, it is better that you don't know :)

9 years ago

This has got to be some Steam Sale ain't it? Autumn sale or sumthin'.

9 years ago

Yeah, Halloween sale. Sorry for your wallet :)

9 years ago

my wallet is scared

9 years ago

i dont have a wallet :D

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

9 years ago

Thank God, my patience is bigger than my wallet.

I wait 2-3 years to play every game since the day it is getting launched so that i can afford it. Cause with 500 Euros a month, you don't have another choice :D

9 years ago

even with a bigger budget, it is a wise choice to wait for discounts and spend the saved money on other things like going out with wife/girlfriend.....

9 years ago

That's been the story for me, too.

"Oh, look! A shiny, new game! Can I buy it for five dollars? No? OK, then I'll just buy this old AAA game that I can finally afford."

I get to play all the games everyone else does, just much, much later. D

"But Khalaq," I hear you say, "what about those brand-new games you give away?" Kickstarter, my friend. Kickstarter.

9 years ago

what do you mean kickstarter? i know what the website it is and everything but how do you gain money from there to donate here? or however you do it

9 years ago

Fund KIckstarter project --> acquire two keys --> give one key away in a giveaway.

9 years ago

Then you are/should be part of the proud Patient Gamers and Game Deals subrredits, right? :)

9 years ago

Mine doesn't. I can wait. Bundles rule! Discounts too.

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

Agree! :D

Not having TOO much money has its plus sides, like you rarely regret buying something because you think twice before you but it. And the occasional disappointment doesn't hurt that much when you got the game on a neat, big discount :D

9 years ago

so much this

9 years ago

exactly ... thats how the professionals do

benefit on top: most bugs are fixed

9 years ago

Agreed.

9 years ago

Mine will not hurt. I bought Alien Isolation, will buy The Evil Within Limited Edition and Borderlands The Pre-Sequel. After that, I will still have 30$ for the Halloween Slae. Maybe after that, my wallet will hurt :D

9 years ago

What you are doing isn't recommended . Autumn and Winter sales are coming near too.

9 years ago

Yeah, but probably at Halloween horror games will be discounted more :P

9 years ago

well, Bought Alien: Isolation, Evil Within, Civilizations beyond Earth, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, The Wasteland 2(All these for PC) and Far Cry 4 (For PS4). I must admit my wallet is beginning to hurt but it keeps within a limit :P Still gotta buy Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments, AC:Unity and maybe Shadow of Mordor later on :D

9 years ago

How many of those games have you even started yet?

9 years ago

Started Alien: isolation yesterday. the others I can't because they ain't out yet. Well Wasteland 2 is out but that I will only play later :)

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

9 years ago

It hurts but not because of video games sadly :/

9 years ago

A bit. Though I built new PC a week ago I dont really find myself getting new games,especially AAA.Though after new year will get GTA V asap. Also 2 months and a bit till xmas sale and I got quite a lot of study so not much to think about spending money.

On the other hand I find myself easily spending money Dota 2 on tournaments(currently The Summit 2,will keep me up till 7th december) or in TSW(when there is some kind of promo,yesterday spent 10euros and no regrets).

Lately though that will spend money only on games I am gonna play out ASAP instead of letting them get digital dust. There are bundles but rarely I see something that interests me.

9 years ago

Well I hope to get Qbeh-1: The Atlas Cube for under five bucks. I'd like to get my hands on super time force ultra, and of guards and thieves because I hear that you need to execute perfect stealth to be the top dog, which is awesome. Because i've been looking for a game where stealth wins and not who can hold down m1 longer at the general enemies to win. And perhaps Ether One, because dat game looks beautiful hopefully the puzzles in it are good too.

edit: I think i'll have to buy another steam card to cover the costs of the games I desire. But ultimately I don't think any of this will "hurt my wallet" as you say. I'd prefer not to spend the money, but at the same time it's not horrible to finally get the games I desire and would like to play.

9 years ago

my wallet doesn't hurt. Unless those games are very good i doubt i'll buy them since they are "big expansions" for existing franchises (i'm looking at naruto, NBA, borderland an CIV). The rest need to prove they are worth money (i bought DR3, Ryse and Shadow of mordor). I enjoyed shadow of mordor a lot. I might buy dragon age (if it's similar to mass effect or Dragon age origins) and evil within, but i'll wait and read/see reviews about those games.

9 years ago

You can just buy a new PC and then buy all of the new games. That will hit your wallet hard.

9 years ago

Sometimes when I sit for a really long time my wallet does hurt

9 years ago

When I do that my butt hurts

9 years ago

I will buy a new Pc for 500-700 bucks also I buy Borderlands the Pre-Sequel + The Evil Within. And on the same day I will buy a second knife for CS:GO. I already own Karambit Vanilla (200$ value).
Probably I am going to sell my Black Alistar skin in League of Legends (500$ Value).

9 years ago

All my side-money goes to upgrading my PC, so I have to rely on 75% sales.
Since new games don't go on sale with that discount, I'll just finish any existing games on my backlog.

9 years ago

It quite hurts really. I just had a crazy giveaway rush last month, it's like hooked up on drugs. But it's coming down, now.

9 years ago

my wallet is fucking begging me for mercy lol.

9 years ago

My pennies hurt

9 years ago

My GPU doesn't support DX 11 so no, my wallet doesn't hurt. I am however making a new computer configuration, but it turns out that in the 6 years that i had the same computer not many things got better so any reasonable upgrade is expensive as hell. If i buy a new computer my wallet is probably gonna cry or bleed profusely all over the place for a very long time

9 years ago

Sometimes my wallet chafes my leg when it's very full.

9 years ago

ac unity, fc4 and tboi rebirth killed my wallet.

9 years ago

Not yet, I can't run any of those anyway.

It'll start hurting once or if I get a new external hard drive to back up my computer, then a new computer, then new peripherals and fancy keyboards and upgrades then I have to buy all the games I couldn't run before...

9 years ago

My ankle kind of hurts. I stepped on the sidewalk funny and it sort of bent to the side at an unnatural angle. I did the Peter Griffin thing for about 5 minutes.

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.