Check out redalert1.com. It's a client with fully working MP and SP including 64bit os and windowed mode. Many settings to customize. Also 32bit color.
Comment has been collapsed.
Age of Empires 2 with the conquerors expansion. I have spent THOUSANDS of hours playing that game in multiplayer. My favorite game of all time.
Comment has been collapsed.
Age of Empires II.
Red Alert II.
Empire Earth.
Edit: Ninjas.
Comment has been collapsed.
aww yis. Too bad we always got network problems cause of overheated hardware (lol) after a few hours.
Comment has been collapsed.
Yes! This is what I always think of when people talk about RTS games or old games, but so few have heard of it. This thread actually made me search just now (before seeing your comment) and Liquid is making a TCG, Battle Realms: Genesis. They fixed the issues for new OSs and have it on GoG, and if they secure the funding, they might also make a new game.
Comment has been collapsed.
Look up a service called Tunngle. It allows you to play LAN games with friends over the 'net, and you can still keep it private like a typical LAN (ie. it doesn't have to be some publicly advertised server). Pretty cool. They're still in beta right now, but that works in our favor, since during this period you can get a lifetime premium account for one cheapo payment (something like ten bucks --I forget what the conversion was when I did it, but it's right around there).
Comment has been collapsed.
Way too many problems with that program, not to mention that's all it is, --a program-, not a dedicated service. I dunno, I just think Tunngle is really damned cool. :)
Comment has been collapsed.
Hamachi isnt game oriented. Tunngle albiet having the biggest player-base, isnt the most effecient and best working system. Lan bridger is a basic tool that works great and Evolve is made from the same people who made Lan Bridger. Essentially the same thing on steroids that works simmilar (imo) to steam for lan. HAving used them all, Id recommend evolve for everything unless you wanted to find more people in which tunggle will shine.
Comment has been collapsed.
Starcraft 2 has no LAN mode, just online mode. But if you have a good internet connection on your LAN party, this should be no problem for a few people. I think it's the best RTS at the moment.
Comment has been collapsed.
Also I keep hearing good things about Moonbase Commander, I think I'll pick it up at some point. It's turn based though.
Comment has been collapsed.
139 Comments - Last post 2 minutes ago by MeguminShiro
6 Comments - Last post 3 minutes ago by CheeseDealer
156 Comments - Last post 5 minutes ago by Chris76de
5,809 Comments - Last post 19 minutes ago by Gamy7
1,510 Comments - Last post 2 hours ago by BauerBoy24
7 Comments - Last post 4 hours ago by Gamy7
4 Comments - Last post 5 hours ago by wigglenose
326 Comments - Last post 5 minutes ago by PantherZ
72 Comments - Last post 8 minutes ago by CrabdaddyLonglegs
123 Comments - Last post 22 minutes ago by FragolaPorpora
7,780 Comments - Last post 28 minutes ago by Oppenh4imer
11,170 Comments - Last post 50 minutes ago by CurryKingWurst
123 Comments - Last post 54 minutes ago by Coolerbox
2,427 Comments - Last post 1 hour ago by MeguminShiro
.
Comment has been collapsed.