On Steam, Rust would cost me (in Germany) 39.99 Euros. On G2A, it costs 55.00 Euros for a global key. Barter.vg shows this game has been bundled 6 times, and ITAD shows it as once having been 0.00 on Steam, and lists no other seller.

Is there a popularity surge for this game?

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

https://gg.deals/game/rust/

I don't know about a popularity surge, but on gg.deals it has been bundled 4 times and last time was more than 4 years ago. So the keys from these bundles are probably super low in stock or all used now.

2 years ago

Not really, its peak has been way in the past though it's still very popular.
The higher price is the result of the game only being (officially) sold on Steam since 2019. Full price increased, sales and discounts are limited.

View attached image.
2 years ago

To give you an example this game has been in the BTA tier of Humble Survive This Bundle on HB in 2016 : https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/4wxjqr/humble_bundle_humble_survive_this_bundle_pwyw_for/

And BTA was 4$

2 years ago

Just a word of caution: only buy it if your friends already have it and actively play it.

2 years ago

other stores have it for 37,50 euro.

2 years ago

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate your insights.

2 years ago

the game is not worth it imo, try 7 days to die

2 years ago

i agree

2 years ago

I appreciate the tip, but it's a game my brother-in-law wants to play. He's heard there're non-PvP servers, and his interest is just the PvE, resource-hunting and building. I don't think horror/zombie are his thing. He saw a YouTube streamer playing Rust, and it looked like fun to him.

I was trying to trade for it, rather than see him pay full price. I just couldn't swing it with the titles I have for trading.

2 years ago

Rust is not a game, it's a full-time job. It has a toxic community but is as addicting as crack.
I learned this the hard way xD

But it's actually pretty chill on some PvE and role play servers. Just don't ever get serious on competitive official servers, you'll pretty soon find your job gets replaced with maintaining your base in the game. lmao, good luck.

2 years ago

Thanks for the warning!

2 years ago

Please move this thread from Deals to General.

2 years ago

okay -- I think I've done it.

2 years ago

It was never on my wishlist but I'll add to the ignore list now. The steam price for this game has increased 3 times in my region. Very abusive. Won't support Facepunch Studios ever.

2 years ago

ITAD showing 0 € as historic low is caused by a free weekend. One of the few flaws of ITAD.

2 years ago

Do you guys know why its more expensive to buy from the keyshops than the official store (Steam), it makes no sense to at all.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.