I'd like to introduce the first beta for SG++.

There is no need to reinstall, it will continue to update automatically.

Edit: Unfortunately settings can't be automatically imported, because localStorage isn't shared between http and https pages. It can be done manually, but isn't trivial task.

Firefox guide for manual transfer.
Chrome guide for manual transfer

Latest Changelog

• Fixed Gridview not working

0.4.8 (few days ago)

• Fixed missing settings link

• Revert CSS changes from 0.4.6 as changes to site were reverted
  • Settings page CSS url fixed

• Settings links did not appear after layout changes
  • Fixed http-url in EntryCommenters

Fixed https

Requirements

Browser compatibility: Chrome, Firefox.
You must have Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey installed.

Installation

The install file can be found here.

Issues

Please report issues to our github project or this thread.

Contributors

In no specific order, these are the people helping to shape SG++:

patetico
eagleclaw6
madjoki
djfe
cymerio
msdot

Enabling Modules

SG++ is modular, therefore, only two features are enabled by default: Fixed Navbar and Scrolling Sidebar.

You can enable more modules by going to the account dropdown and clicking "SG++ Settings" ( check screenshot attached).

After saving the page will be reloaded.

Known Issues

• Scrolling sidebar might break on some pages.
  • Fixed footer bug on FAQ page.
  • Submit + Enter doesn't work (Comment not saved) [Being investigated]
8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Mark Games function doesn't work for me anymore.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

7 years ago

They work together just fine, what's the problem?

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

I use them both and the reply box is on top, but the Submit + Enter doesn't show.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

The button seems not fully functioning atm anyway but you could try to activate endless scrolling in sg++ that gets you the box on top as well and should display the button (if activated).

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

In reference to https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/o8g8iw5

The script uses this code rendering class UserTags (/Modules/UserTags.ts, line 120):

$('body').on('click', '.SGPP__tagIcon, .SGPP__userTag', (e) => {
    var name = $(e.target).siblings('a[href^="/user/"]').text();
    if (name in this.usertagsCache) {
        var config = this.usertagsCache[name];
    } else {
        var config = ['', '#FFFFFF', '#465670'];  // Default
    }
    this.tagConfigModal.update(name, config).show();
})

It fails in places like this one:

<p><span title="March 2, 2015, 9:06am">1 year ago</span> by <a class="table__column__secondary-link" href="/user/perrolijo">perrolijo</a><div style="background-color: rgb(203, 232, 174); color: rgb(70, 86, 112);" class="SGPP__userTag">ME</div> <a href="/user/perrolijo/feedback" class="trade-feedback">(<span class="trade-feedback--positive">+10</span>/<span class="trade-feedback--negative">-0</span>)</a></p>

.siblings() is returning not only the name, but also the text in the rest of siblings (the feedback). Use .prev() instead to just get the previous sibling (also in line 158, function updateTags)

EDIT: Added pics

View attached image.
View attached image.
7 years ago*

Hey guys, I'd like to ask for a feature: I would love to have some simple formatting "buttons" (click the button insert stuff into a window -> it will come to the comment field or mark something in the comment field, hit the button, tags get applied). I've no idea whether this is something big or rather easily done but I'd appreciate it (maybe Im just getting old but I somehow manage to screw up the []link() every single time...).

Do you think that would be possible without to much time put into it (or would it be helpful enough for others as well)?

7 years ago

7 years ago

Like the original steamgifts+ ;)

View attached image.
7 years ago

D: I want it!!!!1! (also that 'ignored user' thing)

7 years ago

Is it possible to turn off popup windows on this pages: https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaways/won and https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaways/created ?

7 years ago

When I click on the instillation file link, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit closes closes the script and displays a warning message.

View attached image.
7 years ago

Hello there. Since yesterday I have a memory leak within Chrome when I visit www.Steamgifts.com with SG++ enabled via Tampermonkey. Chrome slowly snatches every memory it can get while it hangs (let it go to 12GB of memory use). This process is repeatable with the same results.
When I disable SG++ - like I did now - I can use www.steamgifts.com and Chrome without any problems.

Edit: Seems like a simple re-install of the script let everything return to normal behaviour.

7 years ago

Submit Comment + Enter gives errors.

7 years ago

Yeah, used to work fine...

7 years ago

It seems that I have a problem with 0.4.7 since today. It simply doesn't seem to be there on SG anymore, even the options menu is missing. Furthermore SG++ also prevents that any other SG scripts function. Deactivating SG++, brings those other scripts back to life.

I reinstalled SG++ and put it on position 1 in Tampermonkey, that didn't fix the issue though.

Edit: Weird. I first deleted and then reinstalled it now and that fixed my issues.

7 years ago*

Hi, I was kind of tired of the manually hide games in steamgifts function because I cant toggle it on/off. So I wanted to try the setting "Mark games".
But it doesnt seem to hide when I check "Hide Not Interested". Doesnt this work or is it just me? I am logged in on steam on same browser and even tried to sync steamgifts just in case :)

It doesnt show up as hidden inside the GA either.

Edit: Or is there some kind of delay. It filtered my whislisted and I added a new game to wishlist on steam and synced my steamgiftsaccount. It showed up as wishlist in steamgifts whishlist category. But it didnt show up in the scripts list when I tried to filter.

7 years ago*

Hi madjoki. First of all, thank you for your awesome and remarkable work... the reverse comments feature is my reason to stay so many time on this forum.
Well... I came here because I'm having a issue lately.
I use this script mostly to reverse the comments everywhere... The problem is that comments are being duplicated lately. When I load the page, it loads the last comment to the first one and then it continues to load in the comments in regular order (in the same page)... In other words, the page loads comments in crescent PLUS decrescent order in the same page, the comments starts with the last and ends with the last at the very end (the first comments are in the middle).
I don't know why this happens but I'm using ESG too... maybe it is some incompatibility with endless scrooling.
Is it possible to activate just the "reverse" sub-option without mark "discussion replies" and "giveaway comments"? maybe these endless scrooling main options is causing conflits with some other script...

7 years ago

For some reasons comments are not depicted at all if I open giveaway in a pop-up window; I can't add any comments as well.

7 years ago

Everytime I restart my computer, all the settings are reset to default, any idea why that's happening ?

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

Not sure if development is still active for this. I seem to be having an issue as of today. Running Waterfox 52.0 (Also present on 51.0) and GreaseMonkey. Screenshots included of the issue and my current plugins. Issue is only fixed by disabling SGPP.

View attached image.
View attached image.
7 years ago

Update SGv2 Dark and it should fix the problem.

7 years ago

I didn't think about that. I've been using it for so long, I didn't consider any Stylish scripts as the possible cause. Thank you! It makes me quite happy that you went out of your way to post here and let me know. :3

7 years ago

Steamgifts change log

March 18, 2017
Added XSRF tokens to logout links

Which in turn does not let the settings page link get added. Once navigated to https://www.steamgifts.com/sgpp you will find https://raw.githubusercontent.com/leomoty/SGPPSettings/0.4.0/head.html still tries to pull nonexistent CSS from the CDN.

7 years ago

Fixed

7 years ago

Forgot the version number in SGPP.meta.js ;)

P.S. topic title too

7 years ago*

Link to SG++ settings is gone. Where i can find it now?

7 years ago

It will be back the next time the script is updated. (Bug in 0.4.7)

You can force the update from the Dashboard if you're using Tampermonkey, that's what I just did.

7 years ago

Hi, i got some trouble with use. How to make this pop-up information window more visible?
Update: It Stylish trouble.

View attached image.
7 years ago

can't find changes for 0.4.8 :O

7 years ago

Is anyone working on getting this to work with MS Edge and Tampermonkey?

7 years ago

Just reinstalled Chrome, Tampermonkey, and this script. Endless scroll and reverse work seemingly everywhere, except not in giveaway comment sections.
Any idea why this is or how it could be fixed?

7 years ago

Works fine here, you sure you have it enabled in the settings?

7 years ago

Very sure, yeah.
Have tried turning it off, back on, turning reverse order on and off, and pretty much every combo of those, endless other lists on and off, and discussions and its reversing on and off.
Works everywhere but in the comment sections of individual giveaways.
Pretty sure it worked for me before, too. So really odd that it just isn't now, after fresh installs.
I'll try closing and restarting the whole Chrome browser.

EDIT: Well, that changed nothing. Also, tried toggling Chrome's third party cookie setting, and that also changed nothing. Weird.

7 years ago*

Reinstalled the browser (Vivaldi). When I try to install SG++ with ViolentMonkey and go to its settings page, I get a 404 error. Interestingly, it works fine if I add it with TamperMonkey.

6 years ago*

Thanks for that script guys :)

Is there a reason why the Submit + Enter button stopped working a while ago - or is it only me?
I'm on Win10 with Opera, btw.

6 years ago

For some reason today the script stopped working on the main page. (It also disables opening the top navigation dropdoown menus.) I didn't change or install anything.

I'm using Firefox 54.0 x86 under Win 7 SP1 x64.

6 years ago*

Are you running any other scripts at the same time ( like sgv2Dark ) ? If yes, try disabling all else and reload.

6 years ago

I have two other scripts running (namely Augmented Gamelist and Group Info Hover), but I haven't installed any new scripts for at least half a year, and I never had this issue before, while using the site every day.

Edit: I tried it out with the two other scripts disabled, and it still doesn't work.

Edit 2: Ok, seems to be something with the whole site is bugged, as even disabling ALL userscripts, the top navigation menu still doesn't work, neither the hide GA popup window.

6 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.