Something I always try to remember to do if I finish a game I won on SG is to post back on the thread and thank the giver for the game, letting them know I've played and finished it. Not that I finish many games of course; far more are abandoned short of completion or are still sitting on my backlog.

BTW, I'm not saying its right or wrong to do so and don't want to get into this whole thanks debate all over again, just curious if its common practice or not.

7 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Do You Post Back On Your GA Wins To Tell The Giver You've Finished The Game You Won?

View Results
Always
No, they probably have enough spam to deal with
No, why on earth would I do that?
Sometimes, if I can remember
Potato

I think I've tried only two games I've won here (don't judge me, I'm playing very little in general, took me 3-4 months to finish Talos Principle) and no, I didn't tell about it to the GA creators. Although I've received feedback like that from winners of my GA's and it was cute :)

7 years ago

I won't judge you if you don't judge me ;)

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

I've never watched Twilight so I don't understand the reference fully :P

7 years ago

It's from Harry Potter D:

You're owl and don't know this?! |v-v| hedwiga is not pleased.

And it's from dialogue, where Snape says that he ALWAYS loved mother of Harry, tho she choosed James and Snape was #foreveralone

7 years ago

I haven't watched Harry Potter neither :P Snape was good or bad?

7 years ago

Dunno. I'd say both? xD

7 years ago

Haha u made my day! Snape from Twilight! would Love to see that

7 years ago

Are you sure you'd like to see that? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

7 years ago

I started to do so, but I'd do it to the people who looks like they would appreciate it. If someone looks like he wouldn't care then I wouldn't bother. I would also love it if people told me they played my games.

7 years ago

Can confirm you does

7 years ago

<3

7 years ago

How do you judge if someone look like they'd appreciate it? :o

7 years ago

Well the first pointer is that they tell you "have fun" when you thank them for the game.
And build a profile if they are active on SG/Steam. If someone has only like a 100 comments, s/he probably doesn't care.

7 years ago

I don't, unless I know the GA creator on some level (ie. know they'd probably like to hear it) or if they've said on the GA something along "please enter only if you intend to play".

7 years ago

I don't usually do that unless I was VERY excited about both the win and the gameplay itself.

7 years ago

I still didn't tell the person I won Shadow Warrior (2013) from that I did even though I wanted to.. instead I just have a lame entry comment about the entries 24 minutes before it ended.

Honestly, I doubt a majority of people care either way.. or so I think.. but now I feel even less capable to leave that comment that I finished it. It doesn't look like I left any comments for the games I finished, though.

7 years ago

Honestly, I doubt a majority of people care either way

From my experience some do and some don't. Without going and actually checking my judgement is that people who made the Ga I won & finished seem to care if its on a whitelist of small group but not if its a public GA.

7 years ago

I did it one time. I think it's actually a nice idea :)

7 years ago

I do give feedback on my playthrough experiences if two conditions are met:

1) If the game left some sort of impression on me -- could be good, bad, or just something I found interesting.

2) If I think the person who made the giveaway would actually appreciate or care to read my thoughts.

I also tend to only enter in giveaways in which I think I will actually have the time or desire to play the game within a month or so of winning, as I feel it is kind of wasteful to just win games that I don't intend to play for a long time. I don't really mind if others are just collecting or entering for some unspecified time in the future or whatever, but I personally would not want to deprive someone who is really anxious to try a game the chance to do so if my level of interest isn't as high.

7 years ago*

Glad I took the time to thank you for Her Story ;)

I also tend to only enter in giveaways in which I think I will actually have the time or desire to play the game within a month or s

I won't go there in this thread, maybe when I want to monitor how creating a discussion is related to blacklist additions .. :-)

7 years ago

I don't do it just because I feel it will annoy the GA creator to hear back from a winner weeks/months later.

7 years ago

No, I doubt they would care.
I just go back to the GA to post a thank-you comment when I win a GA and the creator delivers the key.

7 years ago

I doubt they would care.

From my experience some do and some don't. Without going and actually checking my judgement is that people who made the Ga I won & finished seem to care if its on a whitelist of small group but not if its a public GA.

7 years ago

it will take some time now

7 years ago

All done yet? ;)

7 years ago

Sometimes, when I really enjoy the game. It would be nice if one of my winners did that.

7 years ago

It would be nice if one of my winners did that.

Post a GA for No Man's Sky for your whitelist with just me on it & I promise to post a comment back when I've finished it ;)

7 years ago

I'm afraid that's not happening anytime soon. xD

7 years ago

I really enjoyed Max Payne 3 (unfortunately I can't get all of the achievements 'cause they're foolishly hard) and Pixel Puzzle Bird (that was time before jigidi when I like jigsaw puzzle).

7 years ago

That's really nice to hear, thanks! :) Ah yes, the days when I had patience to solve jigsaw puzzles, they're gone.

7 years ago

Occasionally

7 years ago

I did it only once. It was a wishlist game I've won from Yunie and I wanted to say "thanks" for a second time.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

7 years ago

Well shake the issues :) I can't imagine anyone being annoyed by your message, and much much much more likely to make someones day like you've said yourself.

PS.
I hope this comment doesn't annoy you :)

7 years ago

Well shake the issues :) I can't imagine anyone being annoyed by your message, and much much much more likely to make someones day like you've said yourself.

+1

Always nice to hear from Pete as someone who shares an interest in "unusual" games ;)

7 years ago

I did once. Because I was expecting a meh game but i enjoyed it more than i thought. Also I have never tried only 2 of my wins.

7 years ago

I'd love to do it but as an achievement hunter it'll probably take me a long time to get through some of the other games I'm planning to finish first and then complete the games I won here. It will all happen but it'll take time.

If someone replied to my post about finishing a game they won from me like 1 year later I'd be more than happy to read that but I can't be sure of how others might react so I'd most likely avoid doing that so as not to annoy anyone here (even though I personally wouldn't think it's annoying or consider it to be a spam).

7 years ago

If someone replied to my post about finishing a game they won from me like 1 year later I'd be more than happy to read that but I can't be sure of how others might react

I think I shall find out shortly as I'm currently playing a game I won here on SG back in Nov 2015 and I am likely to finish it next month ..

7 years ago

You're missing an option from your poll. Currently no. But that's a really good idea.

I guess even if you played it and enjoyed it but didn't finish. It's still worth a warm fuzzy back to the gifter.

7 years ago

I guess even if you played it and enjoyed it but didn't finish. It's still worth a warm fuzzy back to the gifter.

That's a good point, as I rarely actually finish a game but consider it finished simply when I have had enough of it - which could be tens of hours in ..

7 years ago

Did it once (1 year after I won the game).

7 years ago

Nice one & nice to see your comment was appreciated :)

7 years ago

I didn't do it before, but i will try now. You've got a brilliant idea :)

7 years ago

Maybe I will try it next time.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Aw, c'mon, 4 Elements was a lot of fun! Fun to 100%! =)

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Interesting...I finished it 30-Jan-2015 but didn't run into any problems.
It doesn't have to be one of your favorite games to tell the GA creator that you enjoyed it. You enjoyed it enough to finish it. :3

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago*

I've absolutely done it and will continue to do so, excepting "mass giveaways" I only enter from my wishlist, and many are appreciative that their game went somewhere it was enjoyed.

7 years ago

I do, or at least that I have given it a good shot. In fact, one game I absolutely loved and rushed to tell the GA creator and thank them for a wonderful experience. One I had to tell the GA creator I could not run the game due to errors, and some I haven't started yet. I can't remember any instances of anyone telling me that tried/completed it, but I wouldn't mind whatsoever.

7 years ago

Rarily, but yes.

7 years ago

I do every time. It's fun, it's a way to check a game off my backlog, and sometimes the GA creator appreciates it. They don't need to answer or anything, but it's fun to do. I just did one on Friday!

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.