So the AMD computex event has come, if you want to watch them completly, you can do it @ AMD youtube channel

so here are the most notable points:

• AMD A9 APU coming to mobile platforms, aim to make gaming on mid ranged laptops a thing :v
  • New AMD APU coming with a decent performance boost.
  • Doom will use Vulkan
  • Zen, new AMD desktop CPUs, come with 8 Cores and 16 Threads, completely new architecture, sounds good, but no price nor performance was showed.

And probably the big one was:

• the AMD RX 480 4GB/8GB will cost 200$, aims to bring VR to the masses, and by AMD owns performance graphs , it offerst FuryX performance and 2 480s can beat a single GTX 1080.

*Available mid Jun, early July for the partners.

Linky to a good article about it

So, what are you guys thoughts, i was literally browsing the market for a 200$ atm so this comes great for me.
Top of the line performance its good and impressive, but these are the cards that sell the most.

Still AMD has yet to unveil its top of the line GPUs later this year.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Will be buying!

7 years ago

Nah, I'll go with 1080 later this year... I'm done with AMD.

7 years ago

For my needs R7 260X 1GB is still enough * Witcher 3 is playable in 1080P :)
I personally will wait until 2018 when they release another gen for budget gaming :)

7 years ago

I think you implied your needs and then answered your own question o_O

7 years ago

Just bought the 380 ~3 months ago :/ I paid even more than 200.

7 years ago

I did the same in november, i dont't regret it btw

7 years ago

Final cost here $500 USD taxes and conversion.

7 years ago

Yay! AMD!
Go! Go! Go! Red Team!

I'm eagerly awaiting for the mid-range Zen CPUs and Radeon R7-400 GPUs to build my new PC.

7 years ago

I want actual benchmarks for it. Though I won't be buying another gpu from this generation. I'll wait for the 500 and 1100 series, to see if that'll be worth upgrading to.

7 years ago

Beautiful. A Zen rig with a 480 for less than 500 dollars would be just perfect. We need AMD back on track.

7 years ago

I totally agree. Whether or not you actually like AMD, its only good for everyone if they're competitive. Low cost performance is crucial for me since I have 3 gaming kids too.

7 years ago

There's still the cost of VR itself ;)

7 years ago

Not for me... old-school gaming is more than enough for this guy

7 years ago

Got to at least try before burying it! I hope I will be able to someday.

7 years ago

Anandtech
It looks like it will have DP 1.4, might be a great card that will last competitive for more than 2 years :O

7 years ago

"New AMD APU coming with a decent performance boost."

can somebody explain me this ? what is apu ? will this help me if i have a graphis amd card ?

7 years ago

APU means "accelerated processing unit", it means any kind of additional processing unit added to the CPU.

GPUs are accelerated processing units that handle graphics = Graphical Processing Unit

APU is just more general than GPU. GPU is one kind of APU.

7 years ago

You can pair APUs with a PCIe graphics card for increased performance (A10-7xxx APU with R7 240/250, for instance), and that's about it.

AMD APUs used to deliver more than Intel's integrated GPUs, but that's not the case anymore.

7 years ago

Will probably cost around 250 euros hero in Europe. Damn you VAT :D

7 years ago

A bit of a necro because I only just heard about this yesterday and it made happy reading for me.

I think I'm highly likely to get a 480. Been looking at a new GPU for a good while to replace my HD 7850 and didn't really want to spend more than £250. That's about the price bracket of a GTX 970. or a R9 390.

At today's exchange rate the $200 price tag would only be about £145. I'd be very surprised if actually cost that here, and it wasn't more like £180-£225 because of vat and shipping etc, but that's still less than I was going to spend and really nice performance too looking at benchmarks.

Quite hyped for this!

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.