January 2021 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

📅 Important dates

• 💳 January 29th, 2021: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 February 5th 2021: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey

Total Tank Simulator

• Japan receives {449434} - can be redeemed only in Japan, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, Israel. It's unknown whether the other countries from this list receive the same region-locked sub or a ROW key.
  • Everyone else: {192045} (can be activated anywhere)

Premium and Classic customers receive all games.

It is the 6th month in a row for this promotion.

Free DLC to claim:

!addlicense asf 252822,323317,518529,512234

🎮 Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
PC Building Simulator 94% of 23303 🏆 3.00 CV app/621060 W 1 $19.99
Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey 79% of 2485 - 🏆 6.00 CV app/536270 W 0 $39.99
Pathologic 2 92% of 3724 🏆 5.25 CV app/505230 W 0 $34.99
Warhammer: Chaosbane 52% of 1883 🏆 4.50 CV app/774241 W 0 $29.99
Total Tank Simulator 79% of 2610 - 🏆 3.00 CV app/674500 W 0 $19.99
SONG OF HORROR COMPLETE EDITION 83% of 805 - 🏆 4.50 CV sub/451636 W 0 $29.99
Not Tonight 86% of 1028 🏆 3.00 CV app/733790 W 0 $19.99
Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York 80% of 321 🏆 1.95 CV app/1279630 W M L 0 $12.99
Tales of the Neon Sea 81% of 975 - 🏆 2.55 CV app/828740 W 0 $16.99
Minoria 85% of 865 🏆 3.00 CV app/940910 W 0 $19.99
Deleveled 100% of 27 🏆 1.50 CV ⚙️ app/1045580 W M L 0 $9.99
The Ambassador: Fractured Timelines 100% of 16 - 🏆 2.25 CV ⚙️ app/1171660 W 0 $14.99

⚙️ - Steam is learning about this game, therefore some features will be limited (no card drops, achievements won't count, the game will not give a +1 to your library etc.) More Changes Addressing Fake Games

Retail:

• $269.88

CV:

Humble Original / Extras: Heeey! Park-Boy

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

🎊 Happy New Year, everyone! 🎉

View Results
[Recurring subscription] It’s maybe time I stopped buying games and started committing to playing the library I have. But not today...
[New subscription] Ancestors and Pathologic 2 are some amazing headliners and a good start to what I hope will be a successful year. It would be silly not to subscribe, even if past months had better promotions.
[Maybe subscribe] I am 50/50 about the games featured in this month's bundle. Will need to think this one through.
[Pause / Backlog] Here we go again, playing "Pausing My Subscription Simulator"…
[Cancelling / will not buy] I find it better to spend the money on a game or two off my wishlist (especially due to ongoing winter sales) than on these monthly bundles.
Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

I like this one. First two are wishlisted. I don't get why people are offended by it?

3 years ago

I'm guessing the fact there isn't one big well-known AAA headliner?

3 years ago

There's so much AAA you can get before they are either too old (and people would complain about that even if they were excellent titles otheriwse), or publishers request a price to have them in bundles so high, it's not worth it.
I'm ok with that because to me, bundles are still mostly about the mid-to-small productions, altthough I can understand the need for some traction.

3 years ago

I do like getting AAA games cheap, but I appreciate all the hidden gems I discover every month

3 years ago

Seems like there are a lot of games in this bundle with horror aspects / themes.
Last month was filled with games with anime aspects / themes.

Wonder if they're slowly moving towards turning choice into a theme'd bundle?

3 years ago

I'm in favor of this. I was pretty calm about pausing last month - there was so little I wanted, it was an easy call. Having loose themes to the bundles, which is probably partially a coincidence based on what developers they're working with, is a pretty good way to go for the customers.

3 years ago

I was regreting it for a bit, seeing that i don't recognize any of the titles except vampires (well there are some others, but the top 4 doesn't interest me in particular). But after seeing it again, it seems that the bottom ones are pretty good so i'm okay with it. Not sure how it goes tho. Hopefully it won't be that bad.

3 years ago

Is it worth taking this for pathologic and pc building sim alone?

(Not super into horror due to nightmares I get.)

3 years ago

The worth of any game really only boils down to whether or not they're worth it to you. If you like those types of games, really want them, and want to play them then go for it, if not, pass.

3 years ago

this is worse than last month, and it was a bubble month for me. I have Ancestors, and building computers is work not fun. It just doesnt hold enough water for me.

3 years ago

Ancestors. Nice. Been a wishlist game for some time now.

3 years ago

Ancestors was on my wishlist, so I'm happy, and it's only slightly above historical low price (I'm on Classic).
Tales of the Neon Sea and Pathologic 2 also look fun. World of Tanks is not my thing but It's made a friend happy, so good enough. The rest goes on the (admittedly no longer playable in one lifetime) backlog.

Overall a decent deal.

3 years ago

Vampire:Shadows of NY makes me wish I hadn't missed Vampire:Coteries of NY... sure they're supposed to be standalone, but I like doing things in original order.

Who am I kidding though, it's not like my backlog isn't already decades long, heh.

3 years ago

is an awesome bundle for my tastes, song of horror+pc building simulator,+minoria+pathologic 2 are enough for me

3 years ago

Was definitely a lot more excited about last month's, but this has some games that look like they could be cool. Not bad for $6, though. :)
Activated Ancestors, Chaosbane, and Minoria to start with, but will probably activate at least a few more, haha.
Probably not the Horror or Pathologic, though.

3 years ago

I feel you. Pathologic 2 is very long game, 28 hours long according to howlongtobeat and lets say its not your cup of tea, you likely gonna drop it. For some other games that are anywhere between 5-10 hours, you can at least force yourself to finish it. Like Ancestors is 11 hours long, Chaosbane is 10 hous long, Minoria is 5 hour long. I swear there was so many times, where boredom hits you at around 5~ hours and I don't see myself playing 20 more in Pathologic 2 case :D

3 years ago

OK, getting better even get $4 off ($8 for this month)

3 years ago

What's a RUN LOCK again? You can't run the game if you're in another country? What?!

3 years ago

3 years ago

I had a dream that this month's humble choice was completely DRM free, no Steam keys at all. That would be the biggest troll to people who took the $6 offer because pausing voids the offer.
So yeah, this bundle isn't too bad I guess.

3 years ago

Oof. That's a skip.

3 years ago

Skip

3 years ago

No wonder they made the $6 offer.

3 years ago

Song of horror is worth 6 dollars by itself. And there are a lot more good games but i understand they are not for everyone.

3 years ago

This bundle is decent actually. Ancestors, Song of Horror, Pathologic 2, and Chaosbane are on my wishlist.
December bundle was worst though, even at $6 i feel ripped off.

3 years ago*

Now I'm glad I didn't took that 6$ deal

3 years ago

Same.

3 years ago

Silly question but I would appreciate an answer.
Region locks are a bit confusing to me, but I bought the HB monthly in the US, does that mean it can be activated anywhere?
I assumed it was like ROW: RU (Can be activated anywhere except RU.)
The term run lock is also unfamiliar to me, does that mean I can only trade it with people in my region?
thank you for reading.

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️
Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey

RU/CIS: {491193} + RUN LOCK!!!
China: {491194} (or {491195}) + RUN LOCK!!!
SEA: {491195} + RUN LOCK!!!
LATAM: {491197} + RUN LOCK!!!
Everyone else: 491198 (WW, no run locks, can be activated anywhere)

3 years ago

If you bought it in USA (and not Latin America), you received WW - Worldwide.
Can be traded to anyone anywhere.

3 years ago

Ok, thank you both for clearing that up!

3 years ago

Think of it like this:
If you're not in the regions listed as locked (RU/CIS / China / SEA / LATAM), then you're in "Everyone else" which receives "WW" (="worldwide" = anyone can activate it).
I usually use ROW to express the regions that are not locked (ROW = rest of the world) which is pretty much equal to WW. I noticed that people prefer to use "ROW" instead of "WW", so I usually go with that, but the more correct term to use is "WW".
There are cases in which ROW is not equal to WW, namely when a key can be activated anywhere, except from one country (encludes only Japan for example).

"Run lock" means that it can be run only in the countries belonging to that specific region.
So for example a Russian customer will get a RU / CIS key that he activates on his RU account, but if he goes outside RU/CIS region, he won't be able to start the game.

I hope this is a bit more clear now.
US receives keys without any locks in most of the cases. When US receives a locked key, you'll see "NA" listed among the regions lock, in the OP.

3 years ago

Thank you both, suddenly this makes more sense.

3 years ago

They should remove the "choice" in the name, it just confuses people

3 years ago

True. I found "Monthly" to be more catchy anyways.

3 years ago

How does it confuse people, though? I mean, depending on your subscription you have the "choice" to pick whichever game(s) you want. Even if you have a subscription that grants you all games, you still have the "choice" whether you want to redeem all of them or not. :)

3 years ago

Hello i need helps
i get ANCESTORS: THE HUMANKIND ODYSSEY key from friend live in Puerto Rico
i just want to know with region is
LATAM or row

3 years ago

LATAM is

Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Paraguay, Uruguay, Nicaragua, Panama, Bolivia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Guyana, Suriname, Belize

There is a description and links in OP.

3 years ago

Pretty good bundle from my point of view. It does cover very different genres with interesting titles.

3 years ago

I wanted ancestor legacy and actually enjoying pc building sim atm. Since I'm only paying $6 I can't complain regardless

3 years ago

Something with "run lock" means that I can't run while I'm on EU for example, even having the game?
Additional info: I'm from SA.

3 years ago

Yes, that's correct. For the first 90 days after activation, that is.

3 years ago

I see... Thanks for the info!

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.