Comment has been collapsed.

Also still available on Chrono.gg for 7500 coins

5 years ago

7500 coins is what, two months of spinning, or close?

5 years ago

of free spinning

5 years ago

Time is free?

5 years ago

A few seconds a day to load the page and click a button seems reasonable to me.
Do you consider that the games you won here weren't given for free to you ?

5 years ago

A few seconds a day to load the page and click a button seems reasonable to me.

Whether taking time out of your day for two months is preferable to paying 1 Euro (or whatever the equivalent in your region), is a personal assessment. Anyway, quoting from another reply:

7500 is on the high side of the spectrum for Coin Shop games, so personally spending them on a game that's currently on sale for that cheap doesn't seem like a good trade-off.

Again, YMMV.

Do you consider that the games you won here weren't given for free to you ?

What's that supposed to mean?

5 years ago

Yes, for someone who's not already getting the daily coins there, it's not worth starting to do so just to get a game in 2 months (assuming it's still available then) instead of getting it cheap right now. But for someone who already have the coins and might not have noticed the game is available there, it's worth pointing it out.
So yes, YMMV, I'm usually sitting well over 20k and just get a game every now and then. If you get games there more often, it might be best to get here. But like I said, it can't hurt to point out that it's also available there.
And I would barely call it "take time out of my day", I usually get them while dinner is cooking or waiting for something.

What's that supposed to mean?

I mean that entering giveaways also takes time. Assuming you never comment when entering of after winning, entering a giveaway takes roughly the same amount of time as getting coins on chrono.gg (not taking into account that you also have to browse giveaways and pick the ones you want to enter).
On average you have won every 321.16 entries, so that would be around 5.35 times the amount of time spent on chrono.gg to get the 7500 coins.

5 years ago

Yes, for someone who's not already getting the daily coins there, it's not worth starting to do so just to get a game in 2 months

Oh no, that's not what I was saying; as you note, the game's going to be gone by then.

My point was that's a relatively high cost for a cheap game, and thus those coins could be spent on a different option with a more favorable profile; of course, an abundance of coins and/or a dearth of palatable games would make HLM a perfectly viable option.

It's a great game, FWIW.

And I would barely call it "take time out of my day", I usually get them while dinner is cooking or waiting for something.

Yeah, I can understand that. However, there's a ton of things competing for our attention, these days; even the small ones pile up and add clutter, it can be surprising how much time can get wasted that way.

IMO the Coin Shop makes the most sense if you would look at their daily deals, anyway.

I mean that entering giveaways also takes time.

That's a valid point, indeed.

I have been browsing public GAs almost exclusively in wishlist mode for a long time now, and most days it takes very little time; for sure more than to spin the coin on chrono.gg, though. On the plus side, there are a few things in favor of it:

• I would visit SteamGifts anyway
  • It's not manipulative: I can browse the GAs, or not, for how long (or little) I want, that's entirely up to me; Chrono.gg aims to ingrain a habit.
  • SteamGifts sometimes gives me a chance, albeit minimal, to get games that are unlikely to be featured elsewhere.
  • While the community has its highs and lows, it'll always be more interesting and enriching than spinning a coin while looking at game deals.
5 years ago

It means that one probably invests more time entering the free giveaways here than the 30 seconds a day it takes to do the Chrono thing.

5 years ago

Yea it comes close to 2 month, but it's still an option to consider. ;)
I got it from chrono.

5 years ago

7500 is on the high side of the spectrum for Coin Shop games, so personally spending them on a game that's currently on sale for that cheap doesn't seem like a good trade-off.

Of course, YMMV.

5 years ago

Bump for this great game!

5 years ago

Also Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number for 3,37€ & Hotline Miami Pack (Hotline Miami + Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number) for 4,27€.

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.