Hey, peoples!

This morning I noticed all my holiday and summer sale items (cards, BG's and emoticons) from 2013-2015 have disappeared from my inventory. Even when I pull them off the market, they ain't showing. Anybody else have the same problem?

Also, anybody know why?

Small update:

The items are most likely still in your inventory, as the emoticons and backgrounds are still displaying in chat and on your profiles. Also, whoever has the Summer Getaway 2013 cards, there's an option to craft more badges, even when you've maxed that badge.

2013 Summer Getaway badge

Personally, I haven tried crafting it yet.

So, this is probably just an annual Merry Glitchmas card from Steam.

Update #2

As Hageshisa pointed out, it's now possible to level your 2013 Summer Getaway badge above level 5. It remains to be seen whether this is a glitch or it's permanent.

Most likely, all of this is caused by the upcoming winter sale and the special cards/items that come with it.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Omg you're right, same for me. WTF.

7 years ago

RIP :2016roasted:

View attached image.
7 years ago

Gaben is hungry?

7 years ago

items from 2013 are still here, so thats strange.

7 years ago

Can you actually see them in your inventory?

7 years ago

No, they are not there, I only checked in chat so i supposed it was fine.

7 years ago

I'm assuming it's just a bug with inventories atm. Can still use the backgrounds and emotes, they're just not showing in the inventory.

Edit: May be issues with changes being made for upcoming holiday sale actually. Typically they work in card drops before the sales begin, so who knows, they might have messed something up. There are reports old holiday badges with level 5 limits are bugged atm too, allowing people to craft higher then level 5 if they still have cards remaining.

7 years ago*

I can confirm the crafting glitch. My 2013 summer getaway badge is at level 5, but I have the option to craft more, which more or less proves that the cards as well are still in the inventory.

7 years ago

The sale cards do expire at the end of each sale (and it is clearly stated in the cards' descriptions in your inventory), and it is a bug if they remain in the market or the inventory. But emoticons and backgrounds shouldn't expire. I'd report that to steam support. But it might also just be temporary while they add the new holiday stuff.

My market doesn't work either, but it has to work for some people as I keep getting emails that I've sold cards ...

7 years ago

The cards from previous sales expire with the sale, but the 2013 summer cards don't have an expiry date and are free to be traded, sold or crafted as people please. But they've also disappeared.

7 years ago

Ah, okay, I didn't realize that. But the 2014 and 2015 cards should have expired (though not all of the have), so there would be no problem. But I still think it might just be a temporary thing.

7 years ago

In my case, the backgrounds and emoticons from the two previous holiday sales were gone from the inventory. I agree with what you've said, that it's probably a bug caused by them adding new holiday stuffs.

7 years ago

Same here. That's a disaster. I hope they would fix this soon.

7 years ago

Has anyone with a level 5 Summer Getaway badge actually tried to craft it? Just because the option is there it doesn't mean it will work.

Edit: nvm, already found someone.

7 years ago*

I'd take all of today's glitches as a positive sign if they mean that later today we will get this year's holiday cards for crafting badges. I've got so many badges to make :-)

7 years ago

My Steam Summer Getaway Trading Cards is missing too. I crafted one badge today(not the summer gateway). Anybody who has missing items is crafted today?

7 years ago

Market works again for me. Any news on the disappeared emos and BGs?

Edit: Oh, hell, worked for me for a second, and then again doesn't ...

7 years ago

The items that are already posted seem to be okay, they can be bought normally. But you cant post new ones.

Emoticons and backgrounds seem to work fine. Emo's can be used in the chat normally and backgrounds can be displayed on your profile as well (just tried both). Looks like only the inventory (and consequently - the market) is glitching.

7 years ago

I cannot even reach any item on the market place - doesn't load. So no, I can't buy any item at all. My sister who goes online via the same router (so same IP, same everything) has no such problem whatsoever ...
So it seems very different for every user.

7 years ago

Interesting, but it makes sense. If every user had the problem, there would be a more widespread panic, I guess. :)

7 years ago

All the emoticons and backgrounds are back and you are free to trade and sell them as you please.

However, 2013 Summer cards seem to be floating between their real names and the famous "mystery card" label, meaning they still cant be traded or sold properly.

Can anybody confirm this?

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.