Do you have any experience with them?
Or do you have a direct way to reach head of support staff?

I bought Red dead Redemption 2 on Epic Store at new year. I have been on a business trip for a month and once I came back I noticed game was played for 40 hours.
Once I tried to run the game Rockstar's launcher wanted to switch account to the linked account.

1- I opened a ticket and didn't receive reply for 1 week.
2- I opened another ticket after a week. It solved!! in three hours. Instead of asking me a simple question support staff assumed my social account was stolen (which I never said) and kind of mentioned I am a liar and closed the ticket even after I sent them screenshots of ticket from Epic Store, error I receive when I try to run the game, receipts, my credit card and id
3- So I tried the chat option hoping I can explain my situation. He said he can't help because they are already investigating referring to my first ticket which never had any response like "we are investigating" or "thank you for waiting, we will solve the issue just before RDR 3 is published" for 8 days.

So I would like to contact someone who might solve the issue, rather quickly.
I will be going for another business trip in 6 days and I really would like to got rid of this problem since it has exhausted me.

4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

What do you think of Rockstar Support?

View Results
They are potatos
They are poor humans who works in torture chambers called spoort
They are groupies since they are working for a rockstar
Hey, at least I haven't been wasted yet
They are french fries
Support? What support?
Newspapers are right! Rockstar must be root of all evil since they can't even providea simple support!
Support is run by GTA Online players who likes to attack anything that moves
They rock!

thats the sin for buying games on epic games
and nope i dont know any rockstar employees .
just a bump ,i hope somebody can help you ,but i guess you should try making a reddit post .

4 years ago

i guess thats not caused by epic account. Most probably his rockstar account hijacked and sold.

4 years ago

Actually I am not sure what happened.
I never had a chance to merge my Epic account with my Rockstar account.
Somehow when I try to launh the game it says it belongs to a different Rockstar account.
Steam used to give keys when you buy something on a different launcher.
That was very usefull because you could add the game to that account without hving to download 120 GB in a extremely slow internet.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

If you would have been ever in contact with epic support you would know that they are fast. You even get answers of real people and not some copy and paste stuff like on steam

4 years ago

Oh really i had the worst support after 4Weeks of waiting getting suspended ,because my account had Epic in the name before they even named their store and i needed to change my name and than they had a massive leak you could login with the URL after store release into the account from people and they just laughed it off with some stupid questions .thats only the beginning ,they even blocked me on their social media accounts ,because truth hurts hard ,so im boycotting it complety .

4 years ago

That is harsh.And definetelly a bullshit experience.

You should share your story with IGN, Kotaku etc.
They can make news with it and you might get a response from that.

It is funny if you have enough followers suddenly brands are more willing to solve your problems.

You can also try Alienware Arena too.
If you don't have an account just write your story in the third person and I will put it on their news page for you.
Yet I am not sure if it might get enough attention there.

4 years ago

I agree yet they failed to understand what I am asking this time.
Still most of the time I can feel they try.

Strangely my best experience with a support crew is with an EA member.
Even EA is famous of its loot boxes they can easily win an award for having the best support.
I had two issues. Once they gave me a discount coupon (which is a tactic to make me buy more stuff) but another time he said he feels bad for me and wants to give me a gift. And let me choose a game. I picked Dragon Age Inqusion. So they gifted me a pretty good game.

4 years ago

Thank you.
Can you suggest me some reddit forums?
There are lots of different ones.
Do you have a specific one or two on your mind?

4 years ago

When I bought RDR2 directly from Rockstar, they billed me twice because of bugs in their launcher / store. It ended with them cancelling the 2 orders and removing the game from my account. I had to buy it again. I never got any word of apology or even anything remotely like that.

4 years ago

It always amazes me how hard it is to do it correctly.

I bought my RDR2 with a huge sale and I am worried they might just decide to refund istead of solving my issue.

4 years ago

I have GTA V account and it had been hacked 3-4 times. But i contacted them fast since i was on pc everytime, they were really quick to respond me, got my account back in a couple of hours everytime. I am keeping last support's mail incase something happens again might that help you?

Edit: Oh sorry i thought it was a mail belonged to a human since i talked to a human but it's not. It's generic rockstar support mail.

4 years ago*

It is a silly question but have you deep scanned your pc for viruses?
After that happened I remembered my subscription has ended while I was away.
I installed Kaspersky and it found 3-4 viruses.
I hope something like that never happens again.

4 years ago

I formatted my pc after 2. time. Changed all my passwords including my mail with random generated passwords. Activated 2 step verification for social club and it happened twice after that. I don't think problem was on my side. :D

4 years ago*

Wow.

But you forgot to torch your hard drives. :)

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

I am using the same email.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

Haha.
I just wish left hand was into communicating and solving problems as much as right hand wants too.

4 years ago

I had my Rockstar account hacked by some Russian, support helped me recover my account very quick. So IMO they're not the worst support out there.

4 years ago

I believe my main problem is I never had a chance to merge my epic account (which I bought the game so it has the game key) with my rosckstar account.
Probably that is why it is taking so much time (10+ days) and they can't even say how long it takes.

Still it is silly that they can't be even bothered to say "hey, we are working on it"

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.