SteamGifts Library Checker

Who has that game already? Who really wants it?

UPDATE:

I'm discontinuing support for this. I haven't had time, energy, or drive to focus on it, including some of the ever present functional bugs.

If you are looking to continue using the script, I won't disable it, but no guarantee it will work forever. You can always make your own fork if you are so inclined, but...

If you want another option, ESGST has nearly the same functionality and is much better supported (and has a plethora of other features baked in as well).

What's this about?

I was looking to give away some games to my whitelist and, to make it as worthwhile a giveaway as I could, I wanted to see how many people already had the game. If everyone on my list had it, it wouldn't be worth giving. Likewise if only 10 out of the list really wanted it (wishlisted), that's still not doing the greatest service to those on my list. There was no way I was going to manually look up every user to find out if the GA was going to be worth it.

I looked to see if there were any scripts out there to do this for me, but alas, there were none, so I set out to fix that. A few days into the process, someone else on the forums asked for the same thing. Well, that kicked me into higher gear to make something useful for anybody else who wanted this functionality, and at this point, I think it's ready to show. It may not be 100% yet, but good enough probably for most.

As the script has gotten use, there have been a few different additional suggestions for improvement and I've been trying to add them all in. I will continue to add features based on your feedback!

What does it do?

The script will scan through your whitelist or a group for an appID (only one game at a time, and no subs at this point), and report a count of how many in that list have it or want it, and what the ratio to the overall list size is. It will work from any active page of your WL or group page on SteamGifts, or from the Steam store for that particular app.

It will also work with m0l0's Whitelist Wishlist and Tools with no (obvious) conflicts, though your header may get a little crowded if you use both.

Steam API Key

The script uses the Steam API key (you can get yours here). From the Steam site, you can enter any value you like into the domain field (even invalid domain names), so long as nobody has already used it. Once done, you'll receive your API key. Plug this value into the appropriate field on the script's form and the rest should work without needing to re-enter it in the future. If there are errors, the script may prompt you to enter the API key again. If you've lost it, the API key should still be accessible to you via the link above.

Stop blabbing and let me at it!

You can get to the script HERE, and it should auto-update when I post changes, based on your userscript tool's update scheme.

How to use from SteamGifts:

• Step 1: Go to your whitelist page or a group page (either the main giveaway page or the user listing - either works).
  • Step 2: Click on the new "Check game ownership button". (see first screenshot for WL page, second screenshot for group page)
  • Step 3: Enter the App ID for the game you want to check and make sure your API key is posted. (see third screenshot)
  • Step 4: Click the "Check it" button and wait a moment. The progress will be displayed on the right. (see fourth screenshot)
  • Step 5: When done, the text box at the bottom will tell you how many users have the game. (see fifth screenshot)

How to use from Steam store:

• Step 1: Go to a game page on Steam (i.e. http://store.steampowered.com/app/######)
  • Step 2: Click on the new "SG Check" button. (see sixth screenshot)
  • Step 3: Wait a moment (check the progress on the button). (see seventh screenshot)
  • Step 4: When done, the button you just clicked will tell you how many users have the game. (see eighth screenshot)

Changes/Updates

• 2018.05.23 - v 0.23: Fixed searching when on a /search?q= page. Thanks, Tristar.
  • 2018.05.02 - v 0.21: Adjusted @match parameter from "http*://" to simply "*://" as the former worked with TamperMonkey, but not GreaseMonkey. (Thanks, Corran!)
  • 2018.04.15 - v 0.20: Fixed incorrect http/https matching for Steam store search. Should now work on both, whether logged in or not. Thanks, enigma9q
  • 2018.04.06 - v 0.19: Fixes done by Tristar(THANK YOU!) to address changes in Steam's http/https handling, fixed a bad group listing check (after searching for a user in a group), and added a new feature to ignore inactive group members.
  • 2018.02.23 - v 0.17: Updated the wishlist scan to track properly on Steam's new wishlist. (Thanks, x4mer!)
  • 2018.02.15 - v 0.16: 0.15 update was unnecessary and I managed to break the code. Reverting to 0.14 state until I can fix.
  • 2018.02.12 - v 0.15: Minor update. Fixed a few typos/comments. Changed http to https in a few instances.
  • 2017.05.31 - v 0.14: Fixed an error with the Steam Page not loading the game ID correctly, added a new feature of displaying the results in progress. (Thanks, stlpaul!)
  • 2017.05.08 - v 0.13: Fixed an issue with the API key not storing/retrieving properly.
  • 2017.03.31 - v 0.12: Makes the button load more consistently on group/WL pages, allows searching of games removed from Steam store (this also allows searching for non-existent games/bad IDs), cleaned up some of the mess with tabs/spaces in the code.
  • 2016.11.07 - v 0.11: Adds the ability to scan user's wishlists to see who really wants a game, in addition to who owns it. Fixed some minor issues with scanning groups and from the Steam store (change in Steam store UI). Added caching to the Steam store, so should run faster. Fixed some caching issues across the board.
  • 2016.10.31 - v 0.10: Now can scan groups for user ownership of games.
  • 2016.10.05 - v 0.09: Revamped UI quite a bit (ease of use, set up for bigger changes in the future), corrected a caching issue, added more debugging console logging.
  • 2016.09.14 - v 0.08: Fixed stupid typo.
  • 2016.09.14 - v 0.07: Corrected problem with script not running when user has only one page of users (<=25). This should now work whether you have 1, 10, or 100 users on your whitelist.
  • 2016.09.08 - v 0.06: Added APi caching for SteamGifts site. No caching added when running from the Steam store as there would be a separate cache, unlinked to the SG cache, plus Steam uses up much of the storage space already.
  • 2016.09.02 - v 0.05: Added integration with Steam store. Now you can check a game before buying to see how many people on your WL already have it.
  • 2016.08.28 - v 0.04: Corrected 'null' name when nobody owned a game. Added progress tracking (will display in button) and more console logging to help identify issues.
  • 2016.08.25 - v 0.03: First release.

Plans

• Allow searching ownership and wishlist status from Steam store.
  • Displaying details about ownership, such as who has/wants a game (rather than only summary statistics)
  • Want something else? Let me know and I'll see what I can do!

Compatibility?

I have only personally tested on Chrome with Tampermonkey, but should also work with anything else.

• Drevorn reports that the script works with Opera and violentmonkey.
  • MrAwesomeFalcon reports it works with Firefox and Tampermonkey.
  • Vlmbcn reports it works with Firefox and Greasemonkey.

If you use the script under other configurations, please let me know (whether there are issues or not!) so I can make a note of it. Also, if you find any bug, problems, or miscellaneous weirdness, please report them on the GitHub issue log.

Other feedback

If you have any other comments, suggestions, or other feedback, please share! I want to make this as useful and user-friendly as possible for all of you.

One last thing

I need to give a shout out to a few users in particular here:

• Sighery: A GINORMOUS thank you for helping me get going (and allowing me to tear apart his fine work for myself), plus lots and lots of testing/troubleshooting.
  • ShandyAndy for offering early testing and feedback!
  • vonRaven for changing my code and allowing me to plug it in to the script.
  • d3m4n for pre-release testing.

Thanks guys!

Thanks also to everyone else who has offered suggestions for improving and whatever other feedback you have provided! I'm am slowly but surely adding in what I can and I appreciate the support from the community. <3

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Will you find this script useful?

View Results
Yes!
No.
Maybe?
Potato!!!!!!111!11OMGWTFBBQ

First, thank you for contributing something useful to the SG community. You have made many people's lives that much easier, already. )

Second, there are many of us who are waiting (patiently, or otherwise) until your script is able to check wishlists. While there have been scripts which managed this function in the past, I anticipate that yours will not only replace them, it will surpass them. The day that happens, you will become known as "The Script Guy," and everyone will wonder how they ever got along before you saved the day. D

Third, I will begin the process of replacing references to past/defunct scripts with your new script. (People often need to be pointed to such helpful things.) I will, of course, give you all of the credit for your work. )

Keep on keeping on.

7 years ago

Thank you for your kind words, Khalaq.

But, oh noes! Do I really want the responsibility of being TSG?!?!? ;)

I will dutifully press on and add as much and as many useful features as I can.

7 years ago

Yes, I agree on Khalaq words. You have done a great service to the community, I think.
My sincere thanks for all your work!

7 years ago

Fantastic mate!. Better than swl :)
It works using firefox and greasemonkey 3.9
Thanks!!!

7 years ago

Not sure how I missed this o.0

Either way it's super useful for me rn, thanks! (also bump)

7 years ago

Not sure what I do wrong but it freezes to me.

7 years ago*

A few questions:

1) What brower/script tool are you using?
2) Are you checking your whitelist or a group?
2a) If a group, which group?
3) From which page are you running the script?
4) Which game are you checking (app ID, please)

Thanks!

7 years ago

1) Chrome / Tampermonkey
2) Group - 150 King
3) From group giveaways page
4) 312960 - Starion Tactics

7 years ago

I just ran with an updated (beta) version and it worked ok. I'll try in a minute based on the public version and see if I can't reproduce.

In the meantime, here are some stats for you in this case:

47/108 have it, or 43.52% (0 have it in their wishlist ^^)

7 years ago

Hmm, that's weird.. the script is up-2-date...

At the first try; script passed the group users check and started the scan but froze around 21%.

When I refreshed the window and tried again, it does not get past the group users check anymore.

Could it be related to those private profiles? Because I know at least of one person with private profile.

7 years ago

I had an issue on my first run with the current version of the code as well. I cleared the script's cache (button on the launch window) and tried again. It worked.

Note, this worked from the main group page, but not from the user listing page (it should work from both no problem, so there's a bug here)

I am already more then knee-deep on the next update, and my testing version already seems to have resolved this, so I'm going to say keep an eye out for an update by sometime next week.

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the trouble.

7 years ago

I've reset the cache but nothing changed. Never mind though, I'll try to keep my eyes open for new version.

Thanks for your time and work you're doing around here, Gaffi!

7 years ago

Update: Steam store has changed, script does not appear to be working. Fix coming in next update.

7 years ago

Steam store issues fixed, new updated posted. Now comes with wishlist checking!

7 years ago

Thanks for this script! It's working great for me so far :)

7 years ago

It still freezes to me :(

7 years ago

Sorry you're still having issues. :(

Care to add me on Steam so we can chat it out?

7 years ago

Now that I've tried the script again, it worked for a while but froze again when I've tried it in a different group with different game.

It's better but still seems glitchy, it's okay to add me and discuss this in private.

7 years ago

are you consistently getting "undefined" inside the API field and have to add it every refresh?
i was experiencing constant glitchy-ness with most attempts freezing when that api field would not remain after applying until i removed the script and reinstalled (not just reinstall over itself). then the api field remained after first use, and it no longer seems to glitch-out.

i did test a beta 0.11 though so unsure if it was related to that test or the update. - might be helpful though.

7 years ago

Yes I do. Tried to remove Gaffi's script from Tampermonkey and re-downloaded but first attempt prove no change in script's behaviour.

7 years ago

only other thing i can think of i left out of my steps was clearing cache with the button inside the script prior to the uninstall. thought it might of been insignificant, but maybe it was an important step (unsure).

7 years ago

Thanks for trying to help, d3m4n!

There is some problem with the API key if you use the script with a bad value (even if you fix it later). Your work with the beta update and how you were forcing the update basically resolved (and thus hid) the problem.

I'm looking into it but won't have much time this week to devote to coding.

In the meantime, a complete uninstall/reinstall may help, but no guarantees at this point.

7 years ago

Here's a kludge: what if you forget your Steam API key?

I have yet to find a way to recover a Steam API key once it has been forgotten. It seems that information is "so well-known" that there are no instructions to locate it should anyone wish to do so.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

I tried that, before. Odd that it didn't work the first time. Anyway, thanks for the info. )

7 years ago

Not sure why that wouldn't have worked. However, if you do remove/clear/lose the value from the form, the script will prompt you to go to that URL. :)

7 years ago

I might be missing something cause I don't see the buttons that can do the check on steamgifts but it shows up on the steam page of the game.

7 years ago

Hm. Are you checking the whitelist page, a group page, or both?

Edit: Also, are you using any other scripts that may or may not interface with SGifts?

7 years ago

I've tried checking on both.

I'm using SG++, Add links to SGtools, SGLinkies, SG Game Tags, SG v2 Giveaway filter, Whitelist tools, Library Checker.

7 years ago

That's quite a bit more than I've tested with. :D I don't want to jump to conclusions, but it may be an interaction with one or more of those. If you feel like testing by turning others on and off in turn to see how that impacts, that would be awesome. If not, that's cool too, but you'll have to give me just a little bit to get to it.

Out of curiosity, is this problem new/did it work in the past? Have you just started trying mine out?

7 years ago

Oh I just tried it out around the time I asked lol.

Seeing your other reply, it seems that could be the case? :D

7 years ago

Ok, I'm actually a little confused. I updated Chrome this morning to v55 (stable), and the buttons went away. Tried all sorts of stuff to fix, but nothing was working, and for no reason I could tell. Then I tried a CTRL+F5 refresh (on Windows), and it came back. Can you try a similar refresh on your end? (More info)

7 years ago

Huh weird. The CTRL+F5 did it lol

7 years ago

Tested and I am missing them also. Not sure if its something to do with Chrome dev client.
Chrome V57.0.2950.4, no add on's (except Tempermonkey) and no other scripts.

7 years ago

DING DING
I think we have a winner. I JUST upgraded my Chrome this morning, and now it seems mine's missing as well. D'oh! I'll take a look ASAP. Thanks for the input!

7 years ago

Ok, I'm actually a little confused. I updated Chrome this morning to v55 (stable), and the buttons went away. Tried all sorts of stuff to fix, but nothing was working, and for no reason I could tell. Then I tried a CTRL+F5 refresh (on Windows), and it came back. Can you try a similar refresh on your end? (More info)

7 years ago

It seems to work with stable and beta releases but not with the dev for some reason.

7 years ago

Is this working? Because I couldn't make it work. One time it showed that 6 of 10 people had owned the game as the same number of people also had had it in their wishlists. One time it stucked at 5.3% or 0.8 different times and now it's just saying "Checking group users...` but nothing happens.

7 years ago*

AFAIK, it works, yes. I use it all the time myself, and I've not heard other widespread issues. Do you mind sharing some info?

• It sounds like you are running this on a very small group, Which group is that so I can test on the same?
  • What game(s) are you trying? I see you are posting a number of games that aren't released yet. I don't think that should matter (but I'll try testing that out as well).
  • What, if any, other scripts are you using/are installed?
  • Have you just started using the script, or have you been using, but now the script has started to fail?
  • Which OS/browser/script tool are you using?

Thanks for your feedback!

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Some of the examples:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/414340/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/411300/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/414700/

But I did already test these and they worked fine (for me).

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

It was just a whitelist which I added some randomly people to try this. Now, it just says "Checking group users..." but nothing happens. I've tried to reset the cache, both from the script and the browser. Also, when I click to the button, it shows my API key as ...98695undefined, but I deleted that undefined word every time I tried to check, does this cause the problem?

• Last group I've checked was Simultaneous Giveaways.
  • I've tried The Long Dark as an example.
  • Not much: Hide Giveaways from Users and Simultaneous Giveaways script.
  • This is my first time.
  • Firefox 50.1.0 and Greasemonkey 3.9.
7 years ago

bump for being here cuz looking to see why mabako wasnt working lol. sadly im too lazy to get this one to work xD the website one by kt spoiled me and made me lazy

7 years ago

For some reason when i search for group's who owns and who has wishlisted i get the same result for both. I have tried re-installing and using reset cache button but neither works. 😭

If anyone knows how to solve this problem it would be much appreciated! 😃

edit: Seems like only remedy to this problem is to fully refresh the page, clear cache and then do it. Have to do it for both have and want.

7 years ago*

Not sure I've run into this problem, sorry for your trouble. Sounds like you've fixed it, though?

7 years ago

Well if that can be called fixing, more like a band aid :] Now when i search i go to group page open SGLC, do the check for who owns and after that it takes 1-3 ctrl-f5's and few reset caches to get it to search WL and then i have to do same procedure for the next game except now i have to do f5/cache when looking for owmed ones too.

So i can do things like this but i always have to check few times to be right and it is much more time consuming when trying to create multiple GA's and you are searching for game canditates.

An true fix would be nice :]

7 years ago

But of course. :D I'll look into that and see what I can do, then.

7 years ago

Okay, thanks alot! I will reply if i find anything that could help you isolate it.

7 years ago

Hi there, have the same problem. Whatever query is used first (own or want) is always used afterwards no matter what you press until a cache reset + site reload.

e.g.: press "owns" first and it always checks library even when pressing "wants" (and same other way), even for different games.
thus giving wrong results (same number for both).

It is a caching issue, seem what gets checked is "stuck" and not get correctly selected on later tries.

Cool script otherwise ^^

7 years ago

Hi there. If you are still having this issue, can you please send me your console output when you notice the behavior? (A pastebin dump is fine.)

Thanks!

6 years ago

um, that was 5 months ago ^^
I haven't noticed that lately, thought you fixed it since then.

6 years ago

It was 5 months ago! But I just got a new report that it's still happening. :/

All good then that yours is working, at least.

6 years ago

Okay just retried and yes the bug is still there. Now I remember to have used 2 browsers, 1 for each type, to check to avoid the issue.

Console is empty on FF, I suppose you use some special incompatible output function.

Retrying on Opera and Chrome, console output is there on Opera, Chrome filters them out and I can't see how to display them on that junk browser.
Also the own scan hangs at random points on both. Can't even complete a single owns run. (Shit browsers these chrome based things are.)
Want works and bug happens there too when trying own then.. I can't see how you aren't encountering it at all, tried on a fresh browser profile?

Log shows no errors. As it contains all user ids I don't feel comfortable to send it around.

I tried to find the issue looking through the code back then, but it is structured very confusingly. I couldn't find any clear errors, though you switch content of same variables with own&want caches, so I guess it hiccups there for whatever reason.

And now a funny discovery, I have a slightly customized 0.11 version that does not encounter the issue..

Soo, and found a way to render oneself inert to the issue:
Load the wl page, checker: run one check.
Then reload the page, run the other check.
Once caches are separately filled the bug doesn't happen. Some overwriting happens on the first try when doing both.

6 years ago

Well, that's something, thanks. Did you modify the v0.11 yourself? Mind sharing what you changed?

I'm using Chrome on my end, and I have not run into any consistent issues there, so ¯\(ツ)/¯ ?

As far as the console output not appearing on FF, I don't use/haven't tested there, but I'll see if there's something different I need to be doing. Out of curiosity, which script tool/extension are you using? I write to the console using GM_log, which is not a default javascript function, but I have not heard of that not working on the big script tools (Grease Monkey, Tamper Monkey).

Since you've mentioned odd code construction, I have to admit that all my coding ability is self-taught, so I may have missed some best practice tips. Add to that some of my code is ripped from others and modified to suit my needs, so styles may not be 100% consistent. Is there anything specific you would be willing to share that you think would improve the readability?

Thanks!

6 years ago

I'm experiencing the same problem as well, though refreshing the page and resetting the cache haven't helped me.
No matter which game I'm checking, it will always say the same number of people as owning it or wishing for it.

EDIT: I'm on Firefox if that helps at all.

7 years ago

Hi there. If you are still having this issue, can you please send me your console output when you notice the behavior? (A pastebin dump is fine.)

Thanks!

6 years ago

I have the same issue (with Firefox). If you need more information, I could do some tests.

6 years ago

Hi there. Sorry you (and others) are having this issue. I don't get it on my end, so I'm not really able to address directly right now.

If you could send me your console output when you notice this behavior, that would be helpful! (A pastebin dump is fine.)

Thanks!

6 years ago

Hello, I don't if you still are updating this or care anymore but it doesn't work for me. Is there any chance that it stucks when checking private profile's library?

7 years ago

Hi there. It shouldn't get stuck (should just skip that person/not count towards ownership).

Are you looking at a whitelist or a group? In either case, how big is that group?

7 years ago

It's a group with 220~ members. I stops at %3.6 or %1.4 everytime I try.

7 years ago

Can you give a link to that group's SG page, so I can try myself? Thank you!

7 years ago

sure: https://www.steamgifts.com/group/mfUoP/playing-appreciated
The game was Victor Vran ant its API is 345180

7 years ago

Worked for me, so I've got some more questions... In the meantime, here's the result:

Out of 222 users in this group, 53 have "Victor Vran ARPG" in their library (23.87%).
Out of 222 users in this group, 31 have "Victor Vran ARPG" in their wishlist (13.96%).

Some more questions for you:

• Have you used the script before with or without issues, or is this your first time?
  • Is your API key correct and populated?
  • When you click on the button to begin the process, does the game's name populate in the grey box (below the app ID field)?
  • Are there any messages displayed in the larger message box? What are they?
7 years ago

http://prntscr.com/dwxxuu this is my screenshot, I never used the script before. API is correct.

7 years ago

Thanks. Are you able to tell if the API switches to undefined immediately, or does the script process partially before that happens?

You shouldn't have to do this, but have you tried clearing the cache and trying again? I have had a few other bug reports that might indicate there's a problem with how I handle the cache.

7 years ago

Just before that screenshot I reseted the cache and forgot to put my API key. Can you explain what API key actually is? Because the only difference between you and me is our API keys (I believe). Since I don't know these kind of things much, I can't think about it.

7 years ago

No problem! To use the script, you have to have an API key from this link. If you do not already have one, you can set one up there easily.

Once you have that set up, you should have a page which shows:

Your Steam Web API Key
Key: B*****F

Take that value and plug it into the first field on the script's form. (There are some other user scripts here on SG that use the Steam API key, and they should all be sourced in the same way.) Once you have that in place, try the script again and let me know what happens.

7 years ago

I've been using my API key properly and tried randomly games and still same. http://prntscr.com/dwygx3
And everytime I wait arround 5 minutes to be sure if it's my connection or something.

7 years ago

Your API key should fill out the entire field, so if what you've scribbled out is it, then that's not long enough. I won't ask for you to share the API directly, but can you please confirm the value is correct?

7 years ago

I had been using my domain instead of API key but still seems not working with my API key. I suck at this so bad sorry.

7 years ago

Thanks for the script, and happy cake day!

7 years ago

Thanks, and you're welcome. :D

7 years ago

Happy Cake Day!

View attached image.
7 years ago

Thank you, too!

7 years ago

Thanks for the great script, Gaffi! WL'ed.

Wasn't able to use it with Firefox and Tampermonkey, but with GreaseMonkey. Also games removed from the store don't work, though they can still be in libraries and wishlists? When I tried it, it only led to "unknown app ID" or freezes.

7 years ago

Thanks for the report. Can you give me an example of one of the removed games/IDs?

Was there any particular error message when trying with FF/TM? Did it partially load (i.e. buttons showed up, but did nothing when clicked) or did nothing happen at all?

Unfortunately, I expect there's not much to do about it if the Steam API is blocking/hiding those entries. I will have a look, though!

7 years ago

I tried it for Dirt 3 Complete and tested it regarding for Dirt 3, too. Currently at work, so I dont have the app IDs.
Partially it resolved the game name and tried to load it, but freezed at low per cent (2-10%).
Partially it stated that the game name couldn't be found.

7 years ago*

Ugh. I'm getting exactly the same thing. The problem is the API doesn't return any info (see this (good) versus this (bad)) I'm pretty sure there are ways around this, but it may take some research on my end.

Thanks for catching this!

7 years ago

You're welcome! Thanks for investigating!

7 years ago

I've patched the code, so you can search for unlisted games. I'm not grabbing the title, yet, but at least for now you'll be able to get the ownership counts.

7 years ago

Thanks! I'll try it out. Would be even better if Steam would keep removed games in wishlists. I only have currently not purchasable in mine.

7 years ago

Not sure if I got how the script works... So what I wanted is to see how many of a group of mine, own a game while I'm on that game's store page. Is that possible?

7 years ago

not from the steam store page, that portion of the script only checks whitelisters. but from the steamgifts group page instead you can scan the group for specific appids. same end-goal, just done differently

7 years ago

d3m4n above is correct. If you want to get group stats, please go to the group page on SG.

7 years ago

Not sure if already requested, but I'd really like to have the option to check for a group from the Steam Store. SG group pages also have past members no longer in the group.

What I'd like is to set a group link URL and when on the steam store page of a game have it check who owns it or who wishlists it... Is that too much to ask? :P

7 years ago

Too much to ask? Not necessarily... However, that's a whole new set of code to program, and that will take a quite a bit of time if I get to it.

I'll add it to the list, but probably won't get it right away. :/

7 years ago

Thanks!

7 years ago

SG group pages also have past members no longer in the group.

just fyi, even if the store page group checking option is added, it would still check people who are no longer in the group if they have not yet synced steamgifts.com since they left the group. that can't really be helped either way unfortunately, due to the way steamgifts.com functions.

7 years ago

That's why it should get users from steam groups directly ;)

7 years ago

those people are still capable of joining the GA in their current state anyways though, they mine as well be known if they too own it or not since they are capable of joining it.

7 years ago

We discuss for a tool to find out who owns what on a group not that I worry about people joining my giveaways :P

7 years ago

Other feedback
If you have any other comments, suggestions, or other feedback, please share! I want to make this as useful and user-friendly as possible for all of you.

You have both 4spaces and tabs in your code, maybe you can fix that :P

7 years ago

Maybe. ;)

It's the fault of me copying code examples from elsewhere, using multiple editors (that aren't configured the same), and most importantly, being lazy,

It's on my to-do now

7 years ago

Small patch released. This should be better, but I'll keep an eye for future changes as well, thanks.

7 years ago

Great script but I have Rachart and I have to enter my steam API everytime I use this script. Says undefined.
I have firefox/tampermonkey and using v 0.12

6 years ago

Yeah I am finding this as well.

Gaffi, is there a way to "store" the Steam API key somewhere so the script won't ask for it each time it's run?

EDIT: to say that I just tried to run the script without the API key -- I left it as "undefined" -- and the script seems to run just fine.

No idea what this means. :)

6 years ago

haha, never thought of to test without entering anything, it worked.
Do you also have to press the button twice to get it to search?

Mine says "Checking group users..." first time I press and nothing else happens until I press again and then it shows game name in the box and it starts to search.

6 years ago

I've been hitting the Reset Cache button instead of pressing the "Who Owns" or "Who Wants" button twice. But I suspect it has the same effect.

6 years ago

As far as hitting the button twice, I need to look into that some more, however the API key should be fixed as of 0.13!

6 years ago

Thanks for the fix, now my API is still there after I reload the page.
Had trouble once that it got stuck at 67% or something and another time I had to press button twice for it to search.

But the other 5 times i tested I could just press once. So maybe it is fixed now.

6 years ago

Well, FWIW I tested the API thing after fixing it and had to push the button twice myself.. ;)

6 years ago

There is a way, and the script does it, but it does it poorly, it seems. :P Fix in the works.

6 years ago

Thanks for reporting. Honestly, that's really surprising to me that nobody has called this out before. The code DOES write the API value to a cache that shouldn't be cleared unless you do something like remove the script. However, I've got a bad label in one spot that pulls something different.

It should be an easy fix, so I'll take a look.

Thanks again!

6 years ago

Well, regardless, it's a great script -- in fact, the first userscript I've ever installed. So thanks!

6 years ago

Well, thanks!

6 years ago

Oh wow this is definitely useful. Thank you!

6 years ago

I have one suggestion/request. Almost every time I check ownership with this script, it gets stuck before reaching 100%. It only shows the results after reaching 100%. I usually have to reload & retry 5 or 10 times before it finally gets to 100%. (I'm using Chrome)

If the window could show current results as it goes, then even if it froze at 85% I'll still probably have enough data to know whether or not this group is a good target for this giveaway.

Thanks! :)

6 years ago

Mostly fixed! I can't seem to recreate the halt, so I'll keep looking, but in the meantime, you'll still be able to see your results at whatever stage you got to.

6 years ago

Awesome, thanks for your quick work :) I'll give it a try in the morning at my PC!

6 years ago

Just gave it a try, it's exactly what I had in mind. Thank you so much! :)

6 years ago

Glad I could help!

6 years ago

Noticed that on Chrome too. Use FF, way more reliable.

6 years ago

lately it doesn't show as it should, in its' designated place. what should be done?

6 years ago

Do you mean on the Steam store or within SG itself? Where is it appearing, then?

6 years ago

both it would seem

6 years ago*

It seems to be working for me. Would you be able to post a screenshot?

Also, what browser/script tool combo are you using?

6 years ago

the same as usual chrome/tamper-monkey. I can post a screenshot no problem.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

6 years ago

still working? I tried here and not worked. Show that 0 have the game, but I have the game and two friends of the group also have it.

6 years ago

just tested working here for me. did you add your api key into the first section of the dialog box? or is it still "undefined" there?

6 years ago

Can you give me the game ID and link to the group page you are checking?

6 years ago

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

So, you mean the opposite of the owned check? Or do you mean a listing of the actual users?

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Ah, I see that other post, so he's asking for a list of friends from the friend list. Do you happen to have more info on that AJAX call?

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Oh yeah, that looks pretty simple. Just pick up all the "friendsown" and match against all friends.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

There is apparently an incompatibility with RaChart Enhancer. I've seen here a report about that script by madsession, but I don't know if it's the same thing. If I click on "check game ownership" the whole screen gets darker as it should but nothing pops up. It happens since a while (I think 1 to 2 months), only now I tried to deactivate other scripts and found out that it works if RaChart is off. I'm using the latest Firefox.

6 years ago

Closed 5 years ago by Gaffi.