Guys,I wonder how to play in DMC3 by using Xbox 360 controller...Should I use special programm?If I buy it on steam will it work with it?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

You need to use something like Xpadder

1 decade ago

I don`t know how to use it =/
Is there anyone who used it to help me set it up?

1 decade ago

Every time I try to use a program like that, it either doesn't fix the controls, or the program doesn't work in the first place. Xpadder simply doesn't work in the first place.

1 decade ago

Do you know other progs?

1 decade ago

An alternative is JoyToKey.

If I had the game myself, I'd be willing to put together a profile for you, but since I lack it, be I can do is walk you through how to set up stuff if you need it.

1 decade ago

There's also Pinnacle Game Profiler, which costs $20 but seems to have the easiest set up with premade config files available for most games. There's a demo if anyone's curious.

1 decade ago

If you can i will be very plesed)Let me know if you created this profile)

1 decade ago

Sorry, as I already said, I can't create a profile. I lack the game, and so can't do anything to test such an attempt.

1 decade ago

you need to set compatbility mode to windows Vista to run Xpadder v5.3

1 decade ago

Even after doing that, half of the menu options don't display, and when they do, they don't work. I've tried xpadder more than once. I've tried a few different ones that I can't even remember the name of. I have yet to be able to play DMC3 on steam with my controller.

1 decade ago

Don't even bother with the PC version of DMC3, it's terrible. You're better off emulating the PS2 version.

1 decade ago

only played the new DmC with xbox360 controller... that worked perfectly.

1 decade ago

It (and I imagine DMC4) was released after the 360 controller was around and games were using XInput. DMC3 is a bit older than that. :P

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by LynxieTTV.