The classic boasting thread and almost the only reason why we still keep buying games during those sales, right?
You are free to include purchases from other stores or systems, besides Steam/PC.

2 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

How much did you spend?

View Results
Nothing
< $10
< $25
< $50
< $100
< $200
$200 or more
Spend? Ha, I actually earned me some potatoes!

Days gone for like 17euro.
DLC for Mörkredd and Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach for less than 3euros for both.
Got gifted The Henry Stickmin collection and Iron Harvest from a friend of mine.

So around 20euros this time.

2 years ago

well I had no real reason to get anything but some things popped up.

Humble ~$9 got an email from Humble about buying December choice for the first time for an end of year deal for $2. And then I picked up Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 for about $6.77 (after tax). The latter was ever so slightly cheaper than steam due to the aforementioned Humble Choice. I have no intention of continuing the sub though so I'll cancel once I'm sure I'm done for January.

Steam ~$10 picked up Jump Force Deluxe today. I see a lot of bad news for it and I'm aware of the online servers shutting down. But I figured I'd give it a shot anyway. If I really hate it, I'll refund within 2 hours. This and the above Naruto was funded off some "Bought Milk" settlement ($18.90) I got today anyway.

Amazon ~$10. Two weeks ago there was a very short period where Mass Effect Legendary edition was $9.99 picked it up on a whim. Now it's included in EA Play on gamepass. I'll consider this a so-so loss since one day the EA Play deal may get removed and I'm not playing ME any time soon anyway.

But like I'm still heavy on Gamepass stuff atm, a friend got me Pokemon Brilliant Diamond, and I won a holiday giveaway here so none of these purchased games are really getting time soon.

2 years ago

Valheim
Disco Elysium
Trover Saves the Universe
Islanders
Road 96

2 years ago

I bought a decent amount (all from Steam), though some are games I already own on Xbox (trying to move my game library over to PC).
It might be a while before I touch some of these, but at least they are in my library if/when I want to play them.

Myself Total: $94.15
Gift Total: $11.03
Overall Total: $105.18 (breakdown below)

Gifts (Prices include tax):
Portal $2.59 CAD
Portal + Portal 2 - The Final Hours $3.26 CAD
Portal + Portal 2 $5.18 CAD
Gift Total: $11.03 CAD

For Myself:
Neon Abyss (Deluxe Edition) $22.09 CAD
Salt & Sanctuary $5.64 CAD
Steamworld Dig $2.59 CAD
Steamworld Dig 2 $7.72 CAD
Undermine $12.87 CAD
Total with tax: $50.91 CAD

The Orange Box $5.14 CAD
Portal 2 (from Portal bundle) $1.94 CAD

Dungeon Souls $3.27 CAD
Gloom $1.23 CAD
Pinstripe $1.91 CAD
Torchlight $3.83 CAD
Zombie Party $2.59 CAD
Total with tax: $12.83 CAD

Eldritch $1.80 CAD
Overture $0.70 CAD
Spelunky $3.83 CAD
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut $5.64 CAD
The Walking Vegetables $1.23 CAD
Torchlight II $7.45 CAD
Total with tax: $23.33 CAD

2 years ago

Also ended up buying the annual premium Humble Choice plan with their holiday code before it expired.
That came up to $138.99 CAD.

2 years ago

Darkest Dungeon
The Shrouded Isle
Reventure
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Dungeons of Dredmor Complete
Fallout 76

Came to like £20, can't decide if it was an underwhelming sale or just already bought everything I want. Spent more trying to get my whitelist down below 50 but some jammy bastard went and won twice so even that was a bust.

Woe unto thee Winter Sale.

2 years ago

Steam:
Inquisition - Andromeda Bundle: $10.52
STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ Bundle: $11.19
Sub total: $21.71

Humble:
Jump Force: $7.03
SimCity Complete: $6.57
Sub total: $13.60

Total: $35.31 (6 games)

2 years ago

I spent too much. But I got to complete my Half-Life collection. got the Doom Classic Complete, and the Baldurs Gate Complete Saga. I think I spent too much due to how troubled (not really bad, just kinda stormy) was my end of year and beginning of this year. Poor decisions made me spend more than I wanted. Not that I ended refunding anything, tho I think I should have.

Now this year I'm going to focus on playing games and reducing my backlog, instead of making it bigger.

2 years ago

Just Yakuza 6 🛌

2 years ago

technically 0, but I bought "a way out" for my friend and I to play on Christmas, I just bought it earlier in case it wouldn't go on sale, since lately the Steam sales aren't even that good.

2 years ago

Epic Games:
Assassins Creed Odyssey Gold Edition ~15,29€

Humble Bundle:
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - 3.95€

Steam:
Use Your Words - 3,24€
Cookie Clicker - 2,39€

Total: 24,87€

2 years ago

You just reminded me that I completely forgot about the sale and even missed getting my free stickers :'D

So nothing bought.

2 years ago

The forgotten city and firewatch

2 years ago

I bought Project Zomboid for myself and really enjoyed it. Sub 10euros for that.
And then around 10euros on Steamgifts giveaways.

2 years ago

I only buy games on Steam and this sale I got:

Heart Fragment: Book One - R$ 6,20
Cardinal Cross - R$ 6,22
Absolute Alchemical Potion - R$ 5,87
The Big Con - R$ 14,49
Lotus Reverie: First Nexus - R$ 9,60
Argonauts Agency: Golden Fleece - R$ 1,23
Lost Lands: Redemption - R$ 8,69
Railway Islands - Puzzle - R$ 3,36

I thought about buying Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst and Unravel Two as well, but decided not to. I'm not into being forced to use Origin.

2 years ago*

On Epic with coupon discounts: Ruined King: A League of Legends Story™, Fuga: Melodies of Steel, Disciples: Liberation, Ys IX: Monstrum Nox, BIOMUTANT, Cyberpunk 2077, Red Dead Redemption 2 & Immortals: Fenyx Rising

On Steam with winter sale personal: Pit People + Castle Crashers bundle, Xanadu Next, Ys Seven, The Banner Saga 3, Cozy Grove, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition, Gunfire Reborn, Remnant: From the Ashes – Swamps of Corsus & Subject 2923 DLCs,
Fate/EXTELLA LINK, Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, Black Skylands, ELDEN RING & Monster Hunter Rise

For friends: Remnant: From the Ashes – Subject 2923 DLC, Griftlands, No Man's Sky, Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord, Mundaun, Hades & Battle Chasers: Nightwar

Didn't really count, and too lazy to count, how much I spent in total. I'd probably regret it if I did xD

2 years ago

This Steam winter sale I only got games I wanted to play right now.

Noita - It's been a long time since I played a game that made me feel like a kid again. Noita's mysterious nature has got me hooked and I'm loving every minute of it.
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw - I really enjoyed Rebel Galaxy, and despite the mixed reviews I'm really looking forward to this one.
Betrayal Collection - Bought mainly for Betrayal at Krondor after I got bitten by the nostalgia bug by checking out the excellent demo for Call of Saregnar.
Tachyon: The Fringe - It's got BRUCE CAMPBELL...in SPACE! It has to be good right?
Dead Space 2 - Because I want to play the series. This year. And it was like -90% off.

2 years ago*

660$
Sea Dogs: To Each His Own; Tricolour Lovestory; Marlow Briggs; Muse Dash; State of Mind; JUMP FORCE; ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN; Metal Wolf Chaos XD Launch; Panzer Paladin; Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon; Lucius Demake; Metal Gear Rising; A Hat in Time; Escape Simulator; Fate/EXTELLA; Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions; Tales of Arise; DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT; Yakuza: Like a Dragon; Severed Steel; MONSTER HUNTER RISE; Freedom Fighters; Persona 4 Arena Ultimax; The Shrouded Isle etc.. .-.

2 years ago

wow you had 660 dollars to spend on games? wow and what was the point in buying jump force when it's going to be dead

2 years ago

I crunched some numbers.

Spending Percentage of this sale in comparison to the total average over the last years
Nothing 94%
< $10 94%
< $25 102%
< $50 119%
< $100 100%
< $200 119%
More than $200 90%
Spend? Ha, I actually earned me some potatoes! 116%

So this year the 25-$50 and 100-$200 brackets are the overperformers while above $200 underperformed, in comparison to previous years.

The (very simplified and very likely too high calculated) average spending in this sale was $28.45. Which would be just 2 cents more than during the last Summe Sale. Quite a surprise, I expected Winter to be significantly better performing than a Summer Sale.

2 years ago

why? people don't have that much money to spend if they take in the cost of christmas like food presents cards etc... plus people like myself bought the jingle jam which was filled with more than enough to keep people busy

2 years ago

You answered your own question about why people would spend more: Giftting.
And people also DO have more money. Certainly not everyone, but in most countries the thirteenth salary is quite common.
Anyway, generally the holiday sales do perform better. The SG folks seem to be an exception though. Probably because we spend more on games all year long.

2 years ago

thirteenth salary ? i'm from UK and never heard of this - is like a work bonus - i get the same amount every month including December - i guess it's true a lot of SG members (especially if they are giveaway freaks like myself) buy games in bundles or though cheaper sites like steamground or dig all though the year

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.