The classic boasting thread and almost the only reason why we still keep buying games during those sales, right?
You are free to include purchases from other stores or systems, besides Steam/PC.

2 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

How much did you spend?

View Results
Nothing
< $10
< $25
< $50
< $100
< $200
$200 or more
Spend? Ha, I actually earned me some potatoes!
Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

Bought some bundle from the usual sites and some games on GoG.

2 years ago

€0 so far, but might get something, not sure yet.

2 years ago

Usually when browsing the Steam store I think to myself why is it that even with 90% off on Steam other retail shops manage to offer the same game 30-60% cheaper? and I'm having a good laugh.

So it should be no surprise that I currently "splurged" around 3 bucks on the Steam Winter Sale with Valve's marketing getting worse every event.

You can vote for games in the inconsequential Steam Awards giving you a bunch of cards at least.

While other stores shower you with free games and store credit you get one sad trading card for exploring your "discovery" queue which reliably only shows titles in the 30+ bucks range and a useless sticker every two days which will sit in your inventory for eternity.

Gone are community driven mini games out of fear of a predictable exploit probably.

2 years ago*

People do forget that third party sites don't have the same overheads as Steam. The only reason they sell them for less is because people would just buy them on Steam otherwise. They undercut Steam prices to get the sales.

I've noticed some huge price differences myself and I have bought many from third party sites for that reason, but if it's just a small difference, I'll buy it directly from Steam. Only because I do think they need to survive as well. If Steam goes, all our games do too, regardless of where we bought the keys.

2 years ago

It's funny, it seemed like some of the games I wanted had a higher base price on other sites then on Steam... The others had the same base price but a higher discount for this sale.

2 years ago

I observe quite the opposite many games got higher base prices on Steam and are sold at a lower discount. Of course my observation is subjective as I don't track 50,000+ items.

2 years ago

Yeah, I'm sure it depends on the games. But, for example, I was looking around for Monster Hunter: World, and it seemed that the base game was cheaper elsewhere, but getting the Iceborne bundle was still a tiny bit cheaper on Steam.
I checked on PS4 and the base game was like half the price, but getting the expansion would have been the same price as getting both on Steam, but I think that's a little different.

Strongbad was only $3 on Steam, GMG seems like the next cheapest at ~$13, so that was the most significant difference I saw, haha.

2 years ago*

Deleted

2 years ago

Will probably buy:

Steam
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - 3,79
Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition - 3,69
Mafia - 3,29
NieR:Automata - 20

GOG:
Far Cry: 2,99
Shadow Warrior: 5,39
Spec Ops: The Line: 3,99
Sleeping Dogs: 2,99

2 years ago

Solid list!

2 years ago

Mount and Blade: Warband

2 years ago

Black Mesa - 3,74€

2 years ago

You wont regret it.

2 years ago

Currently playing it, not a big fun of FPS games (except cs:go) but this one I really like (4 hours in).

2 years ago

Nothing yet, but toying with

Horizon Zero Dawn
Death's Door
Inscryption

on Epic, as those deals are just much cheaper than on Steam;

And

Brigador Up Armored Edition
Unsighted

on Steam. Unsighted is also available in Gamepass, but I want to mod the game and also share some love to the devs. All in all that would be about 45€, which I consider a great deal for more than 100 hours of excellent gameplay.

I waited until the Holiday Event on this page was over, but again, no luck ^^

2 years ago

Go for them! I bought Death's Door and Inscryption this sale and im having A BLAST! at 5-6€ each i call it a steal!

2 years ago

I only bought black mesa so far, for 3.74 euros.

2 years ago

That is an absolute steal. Been playing it since it was in early access and that game is a gem.

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Grey market sites are not really welcome here.

2 years ago*

Deleted

2 years ago

Yeah, super cheap doesn't equal good.

2 years ago

Do you really need a further hint that you should delete this immediately?

2 years ago

Rain of Reflections: Set Free (want to try but not willing to pay full price because it seems like the game won't have a sequel, and the story is incomplete, and boom: 90% discount)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky (I want to complete series in a wrong order)
Just Cause 3 XXL DLC content (won main game here)
and think about SOMA.

2 years ago

Soma gave my underpants some weird new colour...

2 years ago

Thanks for suggestions, i'll buy it now :)

2 years ago

Get Soma and play it. After that watch Zygart's video essay

2 years ago

Thanks for suggestions, i'll buy it now :)

2 years ago

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Heart of Chernobyl Ultimate so far. Probably will also get Sniper Contracts 2, Pillars of Eternity 2, Outer Wilds and maybe Len's Island.

2 years ago

Black Mesa for $2.49 and
FAR: Lone Sails for $1.74

2 years ago

For myself I bought the full hiveswap friendsim version with the rest of the DLC I needed and ch.2-8 of Higurashi but I also ended up buying some gifts for friends + some giveaways for here so I definitely spent more than I should've haha

2 years ago

Nothing so far... I might get Cat Quest 2 or There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension.
I'll probably wait to see what's in the next Choice bundle before pulling the trigger though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 years ago

Ive only bought Inscryption and Noita so far 😉

2 years ago

Came out a little shy of $50

I bought a couple of things that looked neat/fun while they were on sale this month:
Romancing SaGa 2
Romancing SaGa 3
Valheim
Hand of Merlin
Islanders

I refuse to buy Squenix games unless they're 50%+ off, usually 66%+ if its a remake cuz.... remake. :T
was willing to throw a bit more than usual towards games in the case of Valheim and HoM cuz they're indie devs and their project is cool and I want it to keep going.

Islanders, it just seemed like a very nice chill game to tinker with and it was dirt cheap. ^_^

2 years ago

i have bad luck with buying games right before they're featured in a humble monthly bundle, so i'm waiting until the 4th to buy anything, but i do have several games picked out already.

some of these i'd be extremely surprised if they show up in a humble monthly, but it's better safe than sorry. the sale will still be there.

2 years ago

Nice selection! "The unfinished Swan" is cheaper at Gamersgate, when you use a coupon.

2 years ago

Because my luck is nearly as bad as yours, now I'm curious about next month. I'll be buying the unfinished swan then as well, I've had my eye on it for a bit now.

2 years ago

Epic:
Death's Door
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Borderlands 3
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Horizon Zero Down (a gift from my gf)
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Inscryption

Steam:
Stephen's Sausage Roll (a gift from a friend)

2 years ago*

A bit over 12€

View attached image.
2 years ago

It is not only about boasting! It is about cleaning up the list of GAs in the main page too, right? ;D ;D ;D

So, in that spirit, I spent (about) $2 to get both:

Tumblestone: Trial to Full Game Upgrade
Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst

Well, ok, the second one might even be fun to play (before 2035), but the first one... why did I do that again? :D

Cheers!

2 years ago

As my friends would agree way to much. My main games to get though was The full set of 100 hidden games. Full set of tomb raider games and full set of Randumb studio games. That was about 15 quid for those 30 games. After those it was mainly setting out to complete some of my series like Puzzle Agent 2

2 years ago

I wanted to buy deluxe edition for Life Is Strange 3. But imo 45 euro is waaay to much even when its on sale if you take into concideration what the other games cost. Might change my mind later and buy it anyway, not like I cant afford it.

So far I have only spent 5,65 euro on a few cheap visual novels.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

2 years ago

I did buy it. Found it a little cheaper on another site and bought the deluxe upgrade on steam. I have installed it and plan to play soon.
I dont know why they overpiced it so. It should have been around 20-25 euro max. I guess they just try to live on the LiS name :)

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

Happy Cake Day!!

View attached image.
2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.