So the game got delayed again until 19th of November, but they are distributing copies for journalist around the world starting this week.
Rather interesting. What do you think about this?

View attached image.
3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Anyone else get the feeling of the next Duke Nukem Forever? It kept getting delayed and delayed and delayed and delayed and delayed and delayed and..... I'll stop now. >_<

3 years ago

Witcher 3 was delayed 4 times if I'm right.

3 years ago

Duke Nukem Forever got delayed for 14 years, Cyberpunk 2077 for less than a year, I don't think it's comparable.

3 years ago

yeah this was my first thought. dnf also went through different developers and engines. as frustrating as these delays are, it just makes me more confident that we'll get a very polished and complete product. they aren't fucking around by putting out an unfinished game.

3 years ago

Yep, CD projekt red proved they can deliver competent games, it's their biggest project yet so it's understandable they want to take their time.

3 years ago

Exactly +1

3 years ago

I honestly think it will be a bomb, like RDR2.

3 years ago

What? No. That's a terrible hyperbole and neither situation is remotely close to each other.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

to compare the two games is just ridiculous given that cdpr has built a reputation based on delivering quality games, each more ambitious than the one before.

3 years ago

that's almost on my birthday. i see a perfect gift opportunity!

let them release it when they are happy with it. no need to go full bethesda. never go full bethesda.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Cyberpunk 2077 - It's ok 2077 years comming :DD

3 years ago

CDK Project takes progress on the Covid-19 free days.
They care about their staff and that I can respect.

3 years ago

Oh nooooo!!
I actually booked a full week of vacation from work, right after the September release date. Just so I could play it immediately. Well, guess I'm gonna play something else that week. I still got 3 or 4 unplanned days, maybe I can spent a few in November.

But I get it. I prefer a great game later over a good game sooner.

3 years ago

"I actually booked a full week of vacation from work, right after the September release date."

This is something people do? Plan their vacation day on the release date of a videogame, in a time when games get delayed all the time and when the releases game is often very buggy?

3 years ago

No, I usually don't do that. I just had no idea what to do with my spare vacation days. And I had to plan most of them a while ago. So I went through my calender and noticed that I didn't book any vacation days from like August til December. So I planned to put some into September and some into October or November. And then I realized that the Cyberpunk 2077 release was basicly the only thing in my life happening in September, so I thought "Why not?"

The thing is: Most events got canceled because of Corona. So I had way more unplanned vacation days than I actually needed.

3 years ago

Different strokes for different folks. I've personally never done it, but I wouldn't knock someone who does. None of us are perfect, let people enjoy what they enjoy.

3 years ago

Are you judging me? Just let me enjoy what I enjoy.

3 years ago

View attached image.
3 years ago

it's fine, there's 999999 more games to play while we wait.

3 years ago

This. Plus I'd rather they get it right than rush something out that is not finished. They have the luxury of not being forced by some big publisher to not have their product rushed to market before it's finished.

3 years ago

And let's be honest, we're waiting a year MINIMUM after release to actually play it.

3 years ago

Good, let them make their game without bugs and day one patches, with maximum content available. I have already huge backlog of games that i should be playing anyway.

3 years ago

So much for the assurances the game was done and there wouldn't be any further delays.

3 years ago

I can wait. The backlog exists for a reason

3 years ago

better delayed then garbage at launch

3 years ago

this is still not the definitive date as i see it, it's another prediction, they say it's finished when it's finished. I'm ok with it. Just do it properly

3 years ago

It is good that they aren't launching the game too early and want to do extensive testing and make the needed changes. That doesn't mean the game will be free of issues though but hopefully it be in a better state than what it would be in if they launched too soon.

There's a lot of devs who don't like giving dates for this reason. To be honest it probably will be pushed back further than November 19th, so it's really best to look at the date as an ETA rather than the actual launch date. They are kinda stuck with giving a constant date as not providing one moving forward and using something like "No ETA at this time" will make things look even worse to many.

3 years ago

Better delayed than released as early access or something.

3 years ago

CDPR did not released (officially) the min/recomended req's, so probably they still are working on optimzations.
Also (if you like "conspiracy" theories) may think that the previous official announced delay on Stadia launch ((later misteriously erased fron the site lol) have something to do with this new delay for everyone else.

3 years ago

I still wonder what is the game the journalist are playing. Is it full game? Is it like a copy for a review 5 months before release? Or? That's the only thing that actually bothers me and I can't come up with the answer that does not rise more questions

3 years ago

Okay, it has been clarified that the copies goes to influencers and huge companies like IGN

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

damn . it made me sad ... i`m so hype for this game considering the CDPR is one of the best developers

3 years ago

"A delayed game is eventually good but a rushed game is forever bad"

3 years ago

Amen that

3 years ago

Well, kiss the wall running goodbye now. Apparently the designers bit off a little more than they could chew with this one.
Read here.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.