New renders/screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/9Xtsz

Album of all the wallpapers/screenshots so far: http://imgur.com/a/oGvIV

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

What do you think?

View Results
Holy crap...
Meh
Can't believe it, actually looks that good.
It's Here!
Hype!
On a PS4?

Plz EA plz..

8 years ago*

It will be on Origin if that's what you mean :)

8 years ago

meh Origin, but game looks gorgeous, until they decide to downgrade.

8 years ago

For PC maybe :P hopefully the port is good though.

8 years ago

EA is getting better lately, but still, overpriced games is their business. Also Premium Edition or similar bullshit, and lots of DLCs.

8 years ago

DLC is easily my biggest beef with EA's shooters. It jacks up the price and completely splits the userbase into increasingly smaller fractions, which only hastens people abandoning it for the next online shooter.

8 years ago

nope i meant that i hope it to be good

i should have said EA instead but origin and ea are all the same shit xD

8 years ago

Ah that makes more sense. I hope it to be good as well with how the port is and it runs.

8 years ago

I actually like everything about this.

[runs away]

8 years ago

Same here! I am in love with this gameplay.

8 years ago

That multiplayer looks awesome.

8 years ago

Heck yeah! Confirms many things are actually not true that people were using to hate on the game.

8 years ago

well the hate itself i think its more on the main game x) but damn, if this will have a decent collectors edition, i will buy it!

8 years ago

What did it confirm? That all looks in line with what had been announced a while ago.

8 years ago

That the graphics weren't as good as the screenshots, they were pre-rendered scenes that were CGI and nowhere close to the fidelity of the actual game, that it wouldn't run 1080p60fps on PS4, no cockpit views, couldn't pilot the AT-AT at all, just a Battlefield clone, crappy game in general, no other pilotable ships etc. is some of what it disproved.

8 years ago

I agree that it looked good, but it does have a lot of similarities to Battlefield (and modern shooters in general), but that's not necessarily a bad thing and largely inevitable. And there's no telling if that actually was running at 1080p60fps, and if it was, whether it will stay that for release. Those things can change wildly during final development, or depending on what's happening in game.

And the AT-AT didn't appear to be pilotable at all. They were just controlling the various gunner stations, like had been announced before; which makes sense, both from a gameplay perspective, as well as design-wise. The AT-AT is almost certainly the spawn point and central part of winning that map. You can't let some knuckle decide that he wants to walk off in some random direction, searching for tauntauns.

8 years ago

Fair points. With the AT-AT thing I was referring to the "can't do anything at all pilot wise with the AT-AT" you are able to pilot guns and we know that you can't pilot it in that gameplay mode which makes sense.

8 years ago

god, scripted gameplay looks always so fake and i dont know if snow map is a good choice to oresent the graphics of a game :S

8 years ago

The latter is a good thing as this looks beautiful even if it's not the best way to present the graphics. Also how would you know this is scripted?

8 years ago

Well it is kinda obvious, the "player" aims his gun at everything that is currently happening so the viewer can see it, nobody in the right mind would watch into the sky for the whole time the orbital strikes comes in or watch his teammates 4 seconds getting strangulated instead of helping him by shooting the bad guy for example.

8 years ago

Good point. Others are saying the same thing it's scripted. I wonder how else they could try and showcase everything like they did without scripting it.

8 years ago

I'm not sure scripted is necessarily the right word. Choreographed, perhaps? Scripted implies that a lot of that is happening automatically, as opposed to having it intentionally happen for showcase purposes.

8 years ago

Yes. That is correct, a better word would be choreographed.

8 years ago

Which is completely understandable. You want to show the awesome things that can happen, as opposed to the scripted events that will happen with triggers, like in CoD games and BF4. Despite the shit games like this receive, the most fun I've ever had with multiplayer is still when a game is new and people don't know all of the little tricks and exploits, and pre-nerfing of unbalanced tools. You end up with some wild and creative events that the developers never intended and it really gives the games some flavor.

BF:BC really changed the way I thought about online multiplayer, mostly because of the destructible environments. BF:BC2 is probably the most fun I've ever had with multiplayer, even though they toned down the destruction. And BF3 was a lot of fun early on, until they started patching out all of the chaos in the game. I ended up skipping BF4 and Hardline entirely, so I could see myself skipping Battlefront or picking it up very early. Although, without Galactic Conquest, or at least a decent single-player mode, I figure I'll probably wait for BF2.

8 years ago

it is called scripted, because the actors/players are following a script ;)

8 years ago

Well, sure, but people also use that term for the large, action sequences in video games, like when you trigger something that causes a bunch of buildings to explode and collapse or an aircraft carrier to start falling apart.

8 years ago

because you trigger script routines ;)

8 years ago

Exactly. Its a difference of semantics between AI-scripting and human-scripting. People complain about the latter in trailers, while conflating it with the former elsewhere.

8 years ago

Battlefield in space, but seriously this looks great and this is how you hype me with actual gameplay rather than a CGI trailer.

8 years ago

Exactly! Now people can't argue whether it is real or not. This looks far enough away from Battlefield to be it's own thing.

8 years ago

I know I'm going to be roasted at the stake for this, but.... I'M GETTING IT FOR PS4

8 years ago

You won't. Who cares. Go for it. Have fun!

8 years ago

SAME HERE. Also PC if it's a good enough port ;)

8 years ago

Its glorious!

8 years ago

Sure is such amazing sounds.

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

My reaction as well!

8 years ago

inb4 EA hate train and "will not buy because it's on Origin not Steam...."

8 years ago

Looks fun, but we'll see how it actually ends up. Either way, I figured I'd give the demo a shot when the time comes.

8 years ago

Looks amazing dont care what yall haters think

8 years ago

Lol multiplayer won't be staged like that though. If I want staged gameplay I'll take a campaign, which there is none. If I want anything that seems like it has a lasting effect I'll play galactic conquest, but they took that out too. These trailers are here for hype on a false basis the same way WarZ's trailer was. Real multiplayer will not be scripted, so you cannot except such dense and epic fighting with the small amount of players DICE is allowing. For gameplay as showed you need MAG-type gameplay, 200 players at least to create a living warzone as advertised.

Personally I will not be throwing my money away until I at least get the amount of content battlefront ONE had. And this? This doesn't come close. Worth $5 bucks for the amount of content they're giving us. $10 if it's bug free MAYBE. I'd still keep it at $5 though with this bare-minimum effort.

8 years ago*

And you're saying Battlefront 1 and 2 are worth $60 then? Definitely not. They had issues as well and definitely were not epic like the original movie's Battle of Hoth.

8 years ago

Fuck no they aren't. They're worth their retail price. Which wasn't $60.

I understand you don't like my opinion, but don't put your words in my mouth mmkay? That's no way to start a worthwhile discussion.

8 years ago

When Battlefront 1 and 2 originally launched they were $50 at the time which with inflation was over $60. So yes they were $60 at launch. Mmkay?

8 years ago

Video game prices haven't adjusted with inflation, otherwise we would never have paid $60 for a game up until last year. Therefore inflation is irrelevant in this situation. Mmkay?

8 years ago

Either way it wasn't cheap like you said, it was $50. And that's the point games prices haven't risen so if anything it's a better deal nowadays that games haven't gone above $60.

8 years ago

They have. Battlefield Hardline. EA is pushing its limits.

8 years ago

Actually had the chance to talk to one of the devs (and get drunk with him...). Sounds like they are betting quite a lot on this horse, and spending a lot of time, money & manpower on trying to make a good game.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.