mobo: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
ram: x2 Kingston DDR3 8GB 1600MHz HyperX
hdd: WD Caviar 1TB WD10EZEX Blue
gpu: Gainward GTX660TI-2048-DUALDVI-HDMI-DP-PH
power: 650W LC6650GP3 V2.3
case: LC Power ATX-970B PRO VENDETTA X
rom: LG DVD-RW
monitor: Dell S2240L

This is the configuration of a computer that has a friend. Installed Nvidia drivers 310.90. When he play games like (DX11) Hitman: Absolution, Sleeping Dogs game freezes and gets the message "Nvidia kernel mode has stopped working and has been recovered" or just freeze all and have to reboot the system. Does anyone else have a similar problem. Otherwise the old drivers work well, but have problems with textures in some games. Advice?

English, not my native language. Sorry and thanks! ;)

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Does this only happen since the drivers were installed? It may be worth rolling back drivers for the time being and reporting this to Nvidia.

1 decade ago

Fresh windows, 3 day old computer... fresh install of nvidia driver.
problem with drivers:
GeForce 310.90 Driver
GeForce 310.70 Driver
Every time I unistall driver from control panel and with Driver Sweeper. Then perform clean installation of other driver and find one older, but textures in game are crap...

1 decade ago

If it's a new computer, first ensure all the motherboard drivers, etc, have been installed correctly. A lot of new builds sometime miss these system drivers, which upsets the additional drivers such as the graphic card on top (the computer normally also appears a bit sluggish using default drivers) - You can check under Control Panel > Device Manager for any "?" Unknown or "!" Warning or default drivers to replace/update/install. Ensure the fans / temperature of the system and graphic card is normal (not overheating), this is a first safety check more than anything, which can cause graphical glitchs / crashing out. You might want to test the graphics card in another system, use the warranty if found still faulty as hardware failure.

1 decade ago

Follow his advice, I couldn't have said it any better.

1 decade ago

Yes.. all installed correctly, without conflict or something.. :(
tested with memotest, and furmark.. no errors and instaled HWMonitor no overheating.

1 decade ago

If it's not a hardware issue, then try the following (as Microsoft tends to hold onto drivers even if you attempt to uninstall / reinstall, they need to be cleaned else it reuses the same corrupted ones):

Go to your "control panel" -> "programs and features" or "add/remove programs" -

• Uninstall the NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver

• Uninstall the NVIDIA PhysX

Next is the Microsoft trick (don't uninstall the main driver from above, instead), go to your "control panel" -> "device manager" -
In your device manager, navigate to the display adapters. Click on the little + button next to display adapters and you should now see your graphics card listed. Right click on your graphics card and click uninstall. At this point a you'll get a pop up window- NOTE: be sure to put a check mark in the box to "delete the driver software for this device".

Now that your driver is uninstalled we need to delete the installation driver folders. These can be located in the following locations

• C:/NVIDIA/ (Delete the "DisplayDriver" folder)

• C:/Program Files (x86)/NVIDIA Corporation/ (Delete the entire "NVIDIA Corporation" folder)

• Reboot and press F8 as your computer starts up to enter safemode.
    (Note: Windows will install a generic VGA driver once you boot. That is totally fine and will not affect your install. There is no need to remove it)

• Use driver sweeper or similar to uninstall the drivers. (Optional)

Then while still in safemode, install the offical graphic card 64bit drivers from: http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Install:

• NVIDIA Display Drivers

• NVIDIA PhysX (Rest is optional)

By doing in safemode, your'll prevent Microsoft or thrid party security software such as your virus scanner, etc, from affecting/locking/blocking the file installations. Then reboot again into normal Windows.

1 decade ago

Thanks I will try that. ;)

1 decade ago

I got the same problem, i also am not sure how to fix this.

*Edit

This happens to me when i watch HD videos on YouTube and trailers on Steam.
I managed to fix this on YouTube by enabling hardware acceleration.

1 decade ago

Welcome to the club. :'(

1 decade ago

Is he overclocking? Too high and it will cause the driver to crash. Also, never heard of Gainward cards, so maybe contact them.

1 decade ago

Read all posts... :(
You never heard of Gainward cards coz you are from USA.

1 decade ago

nothing about overclocking.....

1 decade ago

I have been crashing inexplicably for a few days now. However I was on like, i think it was driver 296 or something. so i updated to 310.90 and im still crashing :(

1 decade ago

:(

1 decade ago

i have the exact same processor and graphics card with the same driver EVEN SAME GAMES and dont have this problem, so its unique to you good luck ;p

well i guess mine isnt gainsworth but yeah i have a gtx 660ti i just recently bought

1 decade ago

Yes, "unique"... click.

1 decade ago

I think VGA is dead or use old drivers.

1 decade ago

I dont have problems with GeForce 306.97 Driver, but... with GeForce 310.70 Driver and GeForce 310.90 Driver :(

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

I get that until I close out my browser. Error is a decade old.

1 decade ago

try disabling pysx or uninstalling any 3d drivers/devices you have

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Bogysha.