Thanks everyone's help, I decide to buy a 2060 Laptop. Have a good day~

My current laptop is 4.5 years old, I would like to have a new laptop. But nor sure to choose from 2060 and 1070.

I am considering eurocom Sky X7C model, I can choose video card for this model from 1060 to 2080. The price for 2060 and 1070 is almost same, so I am not sure which one is best for me.

So, what will you choose?

Other info (same for all models):
CPU is i5-8600K
Ram is 32GB
2TB Hard Drive
No SSD
17.3 inch screen

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

2060 or 1070

View Results
Eurocom RTX2060 Laptop (model X7C)
Eurocom GTX1070 Laptop (model X7C)
Other laptop maybe?

What about the CPU/RAM/Disc space, etc. difference in both models?

5 years ago

same for both model

5 years ago

This obsession with the 1070 is idiotic.

The only benefit from the 1070 you'll see is the extra 2GB of memory. Nothing else. Everything else is either slightly or a lot worse.
GDDR5 vs GDDR6
Lower power consumption
Way better multi rendering
Better overall performance in almost all games
Way newer (meaning longer support time for drivers and for actual games)
An option to use RTX.
And probably more that I just can't think of.

You'll have enough VRAM because once you need more than 6GB, you'll already need to lower your settings because it's highly doubtful that at that point you'll have more than 40-45fps.

GTX 1070 is the "cool" option for if you're a purist circlejerker. RTX 2060 will be the obvious option if you're a consumer who wants the best their money can buy and aren't looking to make an ironic statement about NVidia being lazy while giving them money to get their products.

5 years ago

I would pick RTX2060 because while right now RTX and DLSS are not good they can get better in future.

Also RTX 2060 is about 5-10% faster (more FPS) than GTX 1070.

But I have to ask: WHY no SSD?

5 years ago

Is desktop out of question?

5 years ago

yea, out of question.

5 years ago

2060 is more akin to a 1080. 1070 really doesn't stand a chance in this comparison.

5 years ago

Why does the laptop not have an SSD? I would opt for a laptop with an SSD over 32GB RAM, for instance. Switch to another laptop first.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

5 years ago

This also goes with the way desktop cards are manufactured, as different brands produce differing performance stats...so, what's your point?

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

5 years ago

The 2060 Laptop card is 85W

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Definitely 2060.

They just removed the M at the end on 10xx series, so 1070 is actually a 1070M which works on lower frequency in laptops. 2060 on a laptop is still weaker than the desktop version but the difference is much less. Go for a 2060.

5 years ago

I'm not sure about the 1070, but I have a 1060 in my laptop and it's almost the same perf as the desktop 1060. As far as I remember, that huge gap between desktop and laptop ended as soon as in the 10xx series, not the 20xx.

5 years ago

They don't produce M Models for higher End GPU.
Even a 1060 for the Laptop has almost near equivalent to a Desktop version as proven.
The Laptop 2016 is also NOT a M Model so its not a weaker version to the Desktop.
They are both still a Desktop Version but the difference is the Driver Updated.

5 years ago

They use the same chip but different silicon, cooling and frequency. Laptop 1060 is about 15% weaker than desktop version whereas 2060 laptop version is only 5-7% weaker than desktop version. That was my point.

5 years ago

RTX2080 one's!!!

5 years ago

See for yourself, 1070 seems to be more stable
RTX2060
GTX1070
In my i really don't know what to say... if i would like to test and benchmark the laptop if i were to buy one

5 years ago

Thanks for the info.

I just can't decide. (cry face)

5 years ago

Seems like the consensus is the 2060 is the better option, but tbh the difference isn't that huge. Mabye about ~15fps or so in favor of the 2060 on modern AAA games.
Just know you'll be happy with whichever one you pick. Both are more than powerful enough to run any game you can throw at it. ^^

5 years ago

Future proof yourself with the 2060
Are you really considering buying old tech for the same price as new gen tech? Uh-uh. 👀
There u go.. your mind is now settled. Click that 2060 option and order. Enjoy yourself in the now.. and also look forward to Nvidia's DLSS farms stomping out RTX improvements further down the line.

View attached image.
5 years ago

If 2 tech pieces have the same price and performance, go for the newer one.
20xx series aren't at their full potential yet, they're still being optimized with drivers.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

If they're roughly the same price, I'd just go with the 2060. That's assuming they've done as well with the 2000 chips as they did the 1000's when it comes to mobile. I've not looked into it as I'm not a big laptop person.

5 years ago

Why dont u go for 1080 ti its pretty good gpu and maybe rxt its not ready yet so u will have same experience allmost with 1080 ti its card for new 5 years at least,and at least cheaper then 2080...

5 years ago

It's a laptop, 1080 produce too much heat

5 years ago

put him into fridge? Modern problems requires modern solutions hhaha

5 years ago

A ssd for the system would give you a nice boot up time. I know I changed my hdd in my laptop to a ssd.

5 years ago

Yea, I am considering buy s SSD and instal it by myself

5 years ago

What kind of manufacturer adds a gaming grade chip to a laptop but not an SSD? Without an SSD, you might as well just play on a cardboard.

5 years ago

Eurocom

5 years ago

RTX 2060, by the time you will need 8 GB instead of 6 GB or even see an real impact having on your Notebook and not just some "benchmark run" your notebook will be already outdated.

Considering that you will probably play Game sin like 1080p or from time to time in WQHD with some details turned down the chances that you will hit any limitation because of those 6 GB are a far stretch that some day in the future it would have been better to choose the 1070 over the RTX 2060.

The panic makers that tell you that some day in the future you will see a difference should consider that this is not an Desktop System but indeed an Mobile Version so an 1070 would run faster in it's limits then an RTX 2060 on top and by then it won't matter if you are having 6 or 8 GB.

5 years ago

yea, mobile version sucks, but it's mobile...

5 years ago

17.5" seems a bit small for a gaming laptop screen although 144hz is nice if you're going to be playing some fast paced FPS team games!

Also agree with others saying that an SSD would be a big improvement.

5 years ago*

yea, I will add a SSD later by myself.

5 years ago

As others have said, I would lean toward the 2060. They will optimize the drivers further, granting more performance down the line.

It also benchmarks about 9% faster than the 1070.

I can think of only 1 game that requires 8GB VRAM, and that is only if you enable HD textures in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. So, you should be able to play all modern games on high or ultra, except for that one.

I know it doesn't really sound right, but the extra 2GB on the 1070 will not future proof it in any way. Now, if you were talking about a 1070Ti or a 1080, maybe there might be a tough call to be made. As it is, it seems logical to favor the 2060 which should keep you happily gaming for the next 3+ years.

5 years ago

Thanks for the info. It will be a 2060 laptop

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.