Xbox 360 S and Xbox 360 E are eligible for the same promotion.

Microsoft Stores are offering $100 toward an Xbox One if you trade in an old console – even if it’s a PlayStation 3. The stores will also accept an Xbox 360 S or Xbox 360 E for the same amount, but warn that “supplies are limited.” They also warn that a console will only be accepted for trade-in "if it still works."
For comparison, IGN checked with multiple GameStop stores, which are currently offering $70 in trade-in value for a 160GB PlayStation 3 and $80 for a 250GB Xbox 360 S.

Microsoft told IGN the promotion "ends on March 2, or while supplies last." When asked if Wii consoles will be accepted, a spokesperson told us "This promotion is part of the Recycle for Rewards program and is focused on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360."

Source: IGN

I think this is a ploy by Microsoft to get people to give up their PS3 and get a xbox.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Was anything desperate tried at the start of the PS3/Xbox 360 generation ?

1 decade ago

Ick, I hate the Xbox series.

1 decade ago

I was thinking that if I ever won a Xbox One for some random reason, I would walk into a gamestop and straight trade it for a PS4. Is that crazy of me?

1 decade ago

Nope, If it was the other way around I would call you crazy

1 decade ago

Funny, if you sell them your PS3, to get $100 off an Xbone, that would be the same price as a PS4.

1 decade ago

Oh the irony.

1 decade ago

Xbox Live is powered by a supercomputer made entirely from PS3s.

FACT.

1 decade ago

100$ for 8 year old piece of junk is pretty generous in my mind...

1 decade ago

They give you a discount to make Xbox One cost the same as PS4, not 100$ in money, you just lose your console when for same price you can buy a PS4 without losing anything.

1 decade ago

save $100 and your PS3 by buying a PS4!

god, despite DRM crap and region-related rip-offs, i'm so glad i'm a PC gamer sometimes.
gotta stay away from that childish console bitchfight.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Argeus.