I suggest TWO things:

1. When creating a giveaway, let us be able to select if we are giving out a giftable copy or a key and have the result be visible to everyone! Perhaps make it even mandatory.
  2. We need to make a database on what games have keys and what don't. Some god damn idiots sometimes say "I'll mail the key" for games which obviously don't use activation keys. If someone would select the "key" option (1.) for a game which does not have keys, an interrogation perhaps begins.

What do you guys think?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

no.

1 decade ago

Why?

1 decade ago

CG reinstated support?! Yes!

1 decade ago

I bought Transformer's War for Cybertron. It has a key, but it is non Steam redeemable. Having option number two would ensure that everything would be Steam redeemable would it not?

1 decade ago

yes

1 decade ago

There's Dark Souls Steam keys out there even if the retail boxes only have GfWL (at least, I presume that's all they have). That's not going to help.

1 decade ago

That is very true. Never looked at it that way.

1 decade ago

+1
Point 1: just write it in the description -- I usually do, if it's a key
Point 2: this won't solve anything; they'll mark it as a Steam Gift if they're blocked from marking it as a key; if they're not blocked, there will be plenty marking things wrong in the first place.

It just adds more work for cg and the mods with little benefit.

1 decade ago

YES!

1 decade ago

I do like Numero uno, announcing if it's a giftable copy or just a key would be very nice. Second suggestion, meh. :/

1 decade ago

I like both ideas. On the second point, there is a list steam made... but it is pretty out of date. I suggest we have a lot of people ask steam to update it.

1 decade ago

i like the ideas. but the mods made it clear a while ago (and since their return, i'd probably listen) that they want suggestions made in the support section

1 decade ago

Maybe the poster wants to know what people thinks about the idea and what could be improved before submitting it to the staff.

1 decade ago

Exactly. I posted the same thing to the support just now anyway~

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

1 decade ago

Yes, that would be good.

1 decade ago

Would be easier if we just had a way to give winners CD keys on SG or send it directly so you don't have to e-mail or hunt someone down a steam

1 decade ago

I remember how that big Faerie Solitaire giveaway gave me a key directly.

1 decade ago

Terrible idea. The large key giveaways are special circumstances.

1 decade ago

no need for this, why does it matter you still get game. now i would agree if people could select which region the game works in. for example the russian game keys dont work in most other countries so the contributer is forced to tell us this so we no if to enter or not. i cant see the point in needing to know if key or tradable tho, unless you plan on trading away after. which is against the rules.

1 decade ago

REgion-locked games are forbidden anyway.

1 decade ago

sorry i made a bad example, let me try again. some german games are censored, it would be nice to know that before you enter giveaway.

1 decade ago

Nice idea! But those people usually mention it

1 decade ago

this ^^

1 decade ago

Engaging in 'interrogations' or calling out users in the giveaway comments section is not allowed on steamgifts

1 decade ago

Interrogations from above; I never mentioned calling out

1 decade ago

When creating a giveaway, let us be able to select if we are giving out a giftable copy or a key and have the result be visible to everyone! Perhaps make it even mandatory.
Been discussed. Cant work.

We need to make a database on what games have keys and what don't. Some god damn idiots sometimes say "I'll mail the key" for games which obviously don't use activation keys. If someone would select the "key" option (1.) for a game which does not have keys, an interrogation perhaps begins.
A win is a win. Most people don't give a shit and will mark they got it.

1 decade ago

Don't really feel this is necessary.

1 decade ago

"Some god damn idiots sometimes say "I'll mail the key" for games which obviously don't use activation keys."
And what game was it that 'obviously' doesn't use keys ?

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by metoxys.