I know what you're thinking - "This thread is so late, I thought there just wasn't one this year."

And there almost wasn't, and yet here we are. So long story short, I've been busy for the first two weeks of October. No problem, I thought, I'll just re-plan to make the thread mid-October. Then something rather serious occurred, and I needed time to deal with that thing. Then there was one last week left to the month of October, and I figured... it's way too late to bother doing the thread at all, now. And so I planned on abandoning the project for this year.

But then, an acquaintance messaged me and asked where the thread was this year, and after discussing it, they told me people would probably still appreciate the thread even for one week. So here we are. You're caught up with the lore. With that, I welcome you to...

Spookifying Thread 2021

What is spookifying?

Spookifying is a term coined by resident spookifier jbondguy007. It refers to the action of taking a normal profile picture and turning it into something spooky. This has been going on almost every year since 2015 when I first started, and the tradition lives on to this day - here's to another forum beautification project!

To apply, simply post a comment in this thread requesting a spookification (mind guidelines below!). I'll periodically go through comments (oldest to newest), find the ones I feel I can work with, and begin my work. I realize that there's only a week left to the month, so I'll probably only be able to do a small fraction of the number of spookifications I've done in past years. For that reason, there might be more requests that go un-done compared to previous years, but don't let that stop you from applying!

Anyone can request a spookification, but do keep in mind that generally speaking, profile pictures which depict characters or people will likely be chosen over places/objects, etc.

How do I apply exactly?

1. I will be choosing user profile pictures to spookify at semi-random from oldest to newest (if someone looks good to work with, I'll give it a try).
  2. This is not first come first serve - I may or may not spookify you, although I'll try my best to do as many as I can.
  3. Since this is a lot of effort and time on my part, and I do have a job and other things to do, I may take breaks for a bit then come back and drop by to spookify a few profiles, etc.
  4. You do not need to provide any image; I'll go to your profile and save your profile picture directly to work with. With that said, I may also occasionally accept special requests if you want a specific high-quality image worked on.
  5. If you are very concerned about getting a specific thing in your spookification (example, you can't stand blood), you may do a special request for me to exclude/include an element, and I'll try to fulfill this requirement. Do keep in mind that this is a creative process though, and typically I don't follow specific instructions and just go with the flow of my creativity to spookify images, so I can't guarantee anything, and also suggest refraining from such requests unless you really want/don't want something specific.
  6. If you have requested and received a spookification in previous years, you may request again but I'll be less likely to redo it especially if it doesn't allow for much creativity - there's only so much I can do with the same image. If you had one made previously but lost it, don't hesitate to ask me if I still have it! I save every single one of them in my archives.

And that's pretty much it! Let the spookifying begin!

This thread will be open until October 31st (hopefully)
Please remember to sync your account after switching profile picture!

Previous threads

Spookifying Thread 2015
Spookifying Thread 2016
Spookifying Thread 2017
Spookifying Thread 2019
Spookifying Thread 2020
Christmasifying Thread 2015
Christmasifying Thread 2016
Christmasifying Thread 2017
Christmasifying Thread 2018
Christmasifying Thread 2019
Christmasifying Thread 2020

Spookifications so far:

Total images: 4
NOTE: Spookified images below are "owned" by the original profile image's user; please do not use them without asking first as they may not appreciate that.

Batch 1 - Ongoing

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

https://www.steamgifts.com/about/guidelines
No selling, trading, or advertising here.

2 years ago

Um, what

2 years ago

Well, you are trading normal avatars for spooky ones. So yeah, gotta ban you now :(

Sorry...

2 years ago

That's not what this is.. 😳 jbond is doing this out of the kindness of his heart.

2 years ago

Lol, how could you get this so wrong, he even posted links to his previous events.

2 years ago

Hello, I am your biggest fan in the flesh aha! I've gotten many compliments on my avatar from last year but this year I am using a new one. Could I be spookified again please? 😄 If I need to change my avatar to one that could be better spookified, let me know.

2 years ago

No, this looks great - first spookification of the year so I'm a bit rusty, hope it'll be up to expectations anyways. :P

2 years ago

Please take your time and no need to meet any expectations 😂 thanks

2 years ago

View attached image.
2 years ago

Oh my god, I love her, she's beautiful 😂 Thank you so much for the treat!! 🙏🙏

Edit: Nice touch on the green aura!

2 years ago

Much less flesh now 😉
congratz

2 years ago

As you can see, I'm still very happy with my 2020 version. So I don't need a new one, just wanted to thank you again for it. :-)

2 years ago

Very happy to know you love it! <3

2 years ago

Hello, jbond. Can be umbrella spookyfied? :)

2 years ago

View attached image.
2 years ago*

Ahh, thank you!

2 years ago

I am interested in intrigued. Can I request my spooky?

2 years ago

If so, I would just like to ask you to keep the base colors in the image

2 years ago

View attached image.
2 years ago*

I really love your creation. It is even better than I imagined. Thanks a lot!

2 years ago

Great stuff, mr. jbond. I'm not requesting here, but just wanted to say this is lovely to see. I've been here for so long and traditions like this bring back the feeling of the good ol' days. Which honestly weren't very good, either. But life seems to be a downward slope, so it seems it's mostly always better in times past. Things just get harder and heavier. Except for this thread.

2 years ago

Yes, this kind of thread does have an "old SG days" vibe to it! I'm not that active anymore, but I still make threads in the same style I used to back then. Although, there's still some lovely stuff around, you just need to find it!

2 years ago

I'm in. Full orig pic and reason I drew it can be found here from 4 months ago.
https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/uWF6R/doom/search?page=2#Rj457Ef

I then made it my avatar since I liked the result. I have no requests other then make it spooky. :)

2 years ago

Hi!
I love this thread 💜
I did get a spookification last year. But I love halloween and would love extras. But if you choose not to spookify me again, I completely understand.
Thank you so much for doing this! It's lovely of you.

2 years ago

View attached image.
2 years ago

Thank you so much! I love it and have gotten lots of compliments already!
Thank you! 💜

2 years ago

Im Interested, in case you can do something with my Avatar.

2 years ago

Just wanted to thank you for doing this! These Spookifyings are pretty great ^_^ Still have mine from last year, might use it when things get spooky 💀

2 years ago

Things are quickly getting extra spooky!

View attached image.
2 years ago

please do something for me 👻👻

2 years ago

First, I hope that thing you mentioned is fully dealt with. And second, even though I still have the same pfp as last year etc, yada yada yada, seeing this thread made me smile so there's that! 💙

2 years ago

Though that thing sucked a lot and I'm still coping with it, I'm doing fine now. Thanks for your good wishes. <3
And thanks for stopping by to say hello! Happy to hear the thread brightened your day. Let me know if you feel like getting spookified!

2 years ago

i'll be rocking my spookified avatar from last year, great to see you are doing this again, much love <3

2 years ago

Terrifying! Thanks for dropping by! <3

2 years ago

I always enjoy these themed events and browse everyone's new profiles. Good work! My Kirk could use some spookifying.

2 years ago

can you do something to my avatar as well :)

2 years ago

I would love to see your work on mine, but I understand if it's not your cup of tea :)

2 years ago

Gimme your best shot, mister!

2 years ago

One spookification please.

2 years ago

sure why not

2 years ago

Can you try to spokifing my dog avatar? :P

Thanks!

2 years ago

I'd love to see you spookify Beidou, but can you do it without touching her face?

2 years ago

Yes! That's so cool! Can you do mine?)

2 years ago

View attached image.
2 years ago

Aahahah))

2 years ago

Holy shit that's actually creepy.

2 years ago

Spookiness: Succeeded

2 years ago

I don't think you can do it 🎃

2 years ago

Very nice to see you are still doing this. I changed my avatar since last year so I'm hoping for a spookification of the new one.

2 years ago

Man, I've been gone from SteamGifts for so long, found an old spookified avatar of mine (one from 2015, another from 2016) while I was clearing up my imgur, and was reminded of SG and you, so here i am... lo and behold, the tradition still holds and there's one this year to, so as ever, I'm up for it. :)

Hope you've been doing well the past few years. :)

Attached is the full/big version of my pfp if you need it.

View attached image.
2 years ago

Good timing! :D

View attached image.
2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.