To celebrate my 1000+ hidden game with the new steamgifts system, I am making this giveaway.

Please don't enter if you own either Just Cause or Just Cause 2. I just want this to be for people who do not own either game. If you do own either one, I will ask for a reroll.

I've considered getting these games myself, they look interesting, but I'm just not sure yet.

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/VUecc/just-cause-collection

9 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Congrats :) Now aim for 10000 :P

9 years ago

he/she might as well "hide" Steam.

9 years ago

Steam has around 4k game entries now, plus minus couple hundred, so there's a long way to go until 10 000 :D

9 years ago

You sure you want this comment here? ^

9 years ago

I don't know, why not? ;)

9 years ago

JasmineMcCoy said about the 10.000 games and you explained to me that Steam has about 4.000 etc. I just said that Gwarsbane(OP) could just "hide" the Steam. But i dont mind your reply. Just making sure it landed to the right comment because it made me wonder about it.

9 years ago

Got it ;)

On a related note, maybe there should be an option to get notifications if we receive any activity in our comment threads, not just direct replies...

9 years ago

True that. There are many suggestions similar-related to the one you said. I hope cg implement at least a some of them.

9 years ago

Congrats!!

9 years ago

1,090 here :P

9 years ago

I'm catching up slowly, yesterday I was only at around 990. I will surpass you eventually! :)

9 years ago

Hidden game? I can't brain right now, sorry. What is that?

9 years ago

When you go and hide games so that you don't see them in the giveaway list. Its the little eye like symbol thats crossed out, just after the Steam symbol in the giveaway list on each game.

I've hidden 1000+ games so far.

9 years ago

Oh, I also did not understand, thanks. :]
(I have 150 only there.)

9 years ago

Ahhh I understand now, I thought it was some sort of magical giveaway that I did not know about. Thank you for explaining it. :D

9 years ago

Why would you do that???

9 years ago

Because there are 1000+ games and DLC that I either already have or do not want, so why should I see them on the giveaway page?

9 years ago

....... oh..... pardon, i missunderstood. Geez youre rich.

9 years ago

hahahah no... no I'm not. Its just that I have been on steam for over 10 years. Then came along bundles, and TF2 crap I don't want, and began trading the stuff I didn't want, for the stuff I did want.

Also the majority of stuff I have blocked is stuff I just don't want.

I've also been very lucky when it comes to steamgifts, the majority of stuff I have won, is from public giveaways. I also use some of the stuff I don't want to get stuff to giveaway to help pass along some of my good luck.

I also bribe people with pictures of kittens doing cute things. :)

9 years ago*

... oh.... oh.... pretty smart... pretty nice... well uuuh... good for you....

9 years ago

Doing cut things? That sounds awesome but terrifying lol

9 years ago

lol oops, that should be cute things, fixed now hehe

9 years ago

Congrats on your milestone!

9 years ago

I really recommend just cause 2. You dont need to play Just cause 1 to play the second and the second is much better. Just cause 1 is meh

9 years ago

Thanks. I have it, but never tried it.

9 years ago

Just curious, why hide games vs using the built in filters?

9 years ago

We are hiding games what the filter can't find (like DLC-s, packs or different versions of the same game) or simply not interested in.

9 years ago

Oh, you are so pick-y-boo...

9 years ago

1355 crappy hidden games here ... so proud. Atm i only have one page with active giveaways :)

9 years ago

can you hide multiple games with single click?

9 years ago

Sadly no, it would be nice if we could just tick boxes on the side and then hit hide. Or if it was more like Steamgifts + where you would click it and it would just hide it without the popup or refreshing the page.

9 years ago

good god! you have refreshed pages.... and clicked for 2000 times atleast..
you must really hate those 1000 games

9 years ago

lol well yes and no. I just like to keep my giveaway list as clean as I can. After all, why see DLC you already own? Why see giveaways for games you are just not interested in.

And in a way I think I clicked more then that, cause I also opened the steam page just to make sure it was something I have already, or have already marked as not interested, or to look at it to see if its something I want or not.

Its really annoying when there is a lot of them on a page that I don't want, but I'm putting up with it because it only leaves stuff that I have an interest in, which sadly is still quite a lot. lol

9 years ago

This, so much this =)

9 years ago

Try the demos (both games have a demo). I tried the Just Cause 2 demo and didn't like it that much.

9 years ago

Eventually I will get around to it, I'm running low on space. :)

9 years ago

1,365 additional games are currently being filtered.

Thanks to this I can enter all the giveaways I'm interested in (minus the endless Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast giveaways).

9 years ago

1,534 here :D
And yeah these games do look really cool :)

9 years ago

Isn't there 4000~5000 games on steam ? So that's quite an important portion of games filtered !

Just out of curiosity, how many giveaways do you see in the list (the number next to "All" ?) ?

9 years ago

132 atm :)

9 years ago

I've marked 3,874 games on Steam as "Not Interested", and it tells me it cannot offer no new ones at the moment :D

9 years ago

I don't think "important" is the word you're looking for.

Steam has an appalling amount of shovelware.

9 years ago

Congratulations :)

9 years ago

I have 1,564 :D Still, impressive ;) And thank you for giving away Just Cause, those are great =) First one is a bit dull, but has HUGE map =) Second also has huge maps, but they are more alive =) Awesome games to wreck havoc in ;)
EDIT: scratch that, 1605 now. I guess I don't want to win any games :D

9 years ago*

I love just cause 2 and i have never had the money to buy it can I please please please be in your giveaway

9 years ago

You need to be at least level 4 to get in. So giveaway a bunch of stuff before this ends to raise your level and you can get in. Now thats its made, I can't lower the level.

9 years ago

well thanks anyway

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.